Folio Society Winter is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folio Society Winter is coming

If you haven't had a chance to go into big-time debt trying to collect GRRM Game of Thrones titles this might be for you. Folio is coming out with their own edition later this year. The only reason I won't jump on it is because I'm already collecting the British Macmillian series.

I've had first/first trades since the series started in '96?? Plus the Subpress series. That's more than plenty for me.

Comment

Yeah, I've got the trades but I had to pass on the Sub titles because I was collecting something else, that's why I went with the Birt Macmillan editions, which are a nice compromise. I'm sure the Folio's will be a good option for some folks.

Comment

I got on the mailing list. We'll see. I've had the first book in TPB for a while and haven't gotten around to it. But to be honest, I can say that about A LOT of books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I got on the mailing list. We'll see. I've had the first book in TPB for a while and haven't gotten around to it. But to be honest, I can say that about A LOT of books.
          We all can say that about a lot of books.

Comment

I saw this in today's email and can say I'm not overly interested. As far as I know the books are not finished. I have the TPBs, and did read them, as they were released. I am very disappointed that the series was never completed in favor of a TV series.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I haven't finished watching the series either. I've accumulated the DVDs 1-6 rather cheaply over the years, but haven't binged them yet. I'll probably wait till the series is complete. I have to say, I remember how thrilled I was to read the 1st three books. They were fantastic. The subsequent titles are pretty good, but not up the original three books. I'm sure GRRM will finish the books and I hope he can recover some of that initial magic.

Comment

The pre-order is up, the cost is $195.00. I'll be passing on this one but it is a beautiful set, check it out if you get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  The pre-order is up, the cost is $195.00. I'll be passing on this one but it is a beautiful set, check it out if you get a chance.
                  Gorgeous!

Comment

That's just the first book, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      That's just the first book, correct?
                      Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                        Yeah it's a beauty, but it'll be someone else's beauty.

Comment

HAHAH!! I'm trying to retire in the next couple of years and I have to be selective and like I said I've got the Brit Macmillan editions and I'll stick with those.
                          Last edited by mhatchett; 05-15-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I'm tempted. It looks like a great edition, but it sure is pricey at $195. Folio emphasized that they will be publishing all titles in the series so it sounds like if the last two books ever get published, Folio buyers will have a nice matching set. I've never purchased a Folio Society book so I don't know what I'd be getting into.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              I'm tempted. It looks like a great edition, but it sure is pricey at $195. Folio emphasized that they will be publishing all titles in the series so it sounds like if the last two books ever get published, Folio buyers will have a nice matching set. I've never purchased a Folio Society book so I don't know what I'd be getting into.
                              I have a few of their books..one specifically being the lord of the rings limited edition.. one of the best editions in my view. They release a lot of books and not everything is usually good. Other books come in cheap slipcases and are usually horrible. Looking at the price of this one, and since they are saying it'll be collector's edition i'm thinking it'll be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X