Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SST Publications

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I need to do this--list out every pre-order. You and I have some similar pending deliveries. And looking at your list (like mine) some of the titles really jump out because the trade editions have been long ago published while we wait for the limited editions. I'm looking at Flight or Fright (my order receipt doesn't even list the name of the book it lists it as "CDCC Secret Link -- DO NOT SHARE!"--oh shit did I just break a law??) and Gwendy's MFer.
    Yeah, I started this list last year, after checking with Mindy on a couple of things that I wasn't sure I even ordered.

Gwendy's MFer sounds like the Penthouse Letters edition...poor Gwendy!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I decided to go for this one too, based on this thread and the reviews I looked at. The 'books on order' list is getting longer every day

Attachment 21962
    Wowza! You certainly have more patience and faith than I do...I have seven books on pre-order, and truth be told that's about four or five more than I'd truly like. That said, I should be receiving two of them within the next two months, so I'll be down to five shortly. Sometimes it just can't be avoided, but I no longer preorder anything, unless the situation demands it (i.e. a quick sellout is assured at announcement (thus preventing Camelot from grabbing copies) and and I have to have the book). My oldest three pre-orders are from 2017 (two) and early 2018 (1), and all are Cemetery Dance...I know many folks have preorders with CD and others publishers far older than my measly three years. Yes, I know there are reasons and causes and issues, etc. etc., so I don't want to open that discussion again, especially since I've already determined my personal solution...I just find it interesting to see others with a degree of patience r.e. small-press preorders that I just no longer seem to possess.

To bring this post back to the thread topic, two of those preorders are with SST. :-)

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Made the purchase. Going through some stuff now but didn't feel I could pass this up.

As a bonus this is actually a book my wife should be excited about. At the least she may keep it after I kick the bucket.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Surprised so few people on the forum seem to have read this author. I remember first reading him after picking up the novella that CD published "The Angels". Reminded me a lot of "Blockade Billy", but not in a bad way. Then read his novel "The Forgotten Girl". Also enjoyed that one; however, I would put it more on the fantasy/mystery side of things than horror. Since then, I've had my out for more books from this author. Had never heard of "Westlake Soul" until the SST announcement. With the level of praise/excitement from SST to publish this book, I had to order the limited. Can't wait to read it this summer/fall!
    Somehow I missed this. I have had this book on my radar for some time. I believe I first heard of it here. I read and enjoyed "The Angels" but never connected the two.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I decided to go for this one too, based on this thread and the reviews I looked at. The 'books on order' list is getting longer every day

Attachment 21962
    I keep all my orders in a spreadsheet. I have a received date column so I can quickly filter down to items not received. I am down to only one old enough to not know the date ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Somehow I missed this. I have had this book on my radar for some time. I believe I first heard of it here. I read and enjoyed "The Angels" but never connected the two.
    I enjoyed THE ANGELS but didn’t care for HALCYON, so I guess WESTLAKE SOUL will be the tiebreaker.

I wanted to read The Angels but wasn't able to purchase it. I hadn't really chased the author as I didn't want to ruin my love for Westlake Soul. Fairly selfish, on my part, but I didn't want to ruin my opinion his/her work.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I enjoyed THE ANGELS but didn’t care for HALCYON, so I guess WESTLAKE SOUL will be the tiebreaker.

To be a little introspective I am not thinking of quality of production value here. I am thinking of honoring an awesome story with a signed H/C. Weird that I am not concerned about the quality of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    To be a little introspective I am not thinking of quality of production value here. I am thinking of honoring an awesome story with a signed H/C. Weird that I am not concerned about the quality of the book.
    Chizine published a signed/#d HC of it, along with the plentiful tpbs. In fact, there was one on eBay a few days ago for $55. This SST edition will undoubtedly be much nicer, though won’t be the true 1st limited HC.

I have searched for a HC in the past with no luck. I will look again. Thanks!

A link would be helpful. I just haven't ever heard of this or ran across one.

Chizine published a signed/#d HC of it, along with the plentiful tpbs. In fact, there was one on eBay a few days ago for $55. This SST edition will
    undoubtedly be much nicer, though won’t be the true 1st limited HC.
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 02-12-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Chizine published a signed/#d HC of it, along with the plentiful tpbs. In fact, there was one on eBay a few days ago for $55. This SST edition will undoubtedly be much nicer, though won’t be the true 1st limited HC.
    Not to take away from SST, but I'd be surprised if their edition was, strictly speaking, nicer. For all their faults, Chizine did a bang-up job on their limiteds, which was why it was so disappointing when they decided to stop making them.

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Not to take away from SST, but I'd be surprised if their edition was, strictly speaking, nicer. For all their faults, Chizine did a bang-up job on their limiteds, which was why it was so disappointing when they decided to stop making them.
    I don’t disagree, as I have several of their signed/limited hardcovers, and they’re very nice. But the fact that the SST edition is going to be oversized, printed in two colors throughout, and illustrated suggested to me that it will be the nicer edition. Larger print run, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I have searched for a HC in the past with no luck. I will look again. Thanks!

A link would be helpful. I just haven't ever heard of this or ran across one.
    I couldn’t find it either, so searched under sold listings. Apparently it sold on February 7…here is the auction number that you can search to see it: 264591321278

I must be retarded. I can't find this listing under advanced search. Now I am curious what it looks like.

I couldn’t find it either, so searched under sold listings. Apparently it sold on February 7…here is the auction number that you can search to see it: 264591321278

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    Anyone get today’s email for the private preorder? I jumped on it of course. Even though I shouldn’t be spending a dime.

Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Anyone get today’s email for the private preorder? I jumped on it of course. Even though I shouldn’t be spending a dime.
    I got the link and will definitely be jumping on board, even though like you said, I shouldn't be spending a dime.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Yep, I’m on board.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I'm at work now. Probably order it when I get home so I can grab a code to save a few bucks

Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I'm at work now. Probably order it when I get home so I can grab a code to save a few bucks
    Right! I'm sure I have one of those little cards lying around somewhere. Now where are you hiding . . .