Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: SST Publications

  1. #61
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    SST does not appear to want my money. I have tried multiple times to sign up for their email list and never get the confirmation email from them. How did those of you who are receiving emails from them sign up?
    I signed up through the website fairly recently (when they announced the Lansdale series) and think I have gotten them all since. I use Firefox as my browser and all my book stuff comes through a Yahoo email address if that helps at all.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    You know, a while back Great Britain passed pretty robust privacy policy laws to keep peopleís info protected. Maybe those laws had something to do with some extra hardcore spam filtering coming across from the UK. I recall I had to agree to a bunch of terms and conditions from SST and PS to stay on their email lists.
    Thatís a good point. But I donít recall any hoops for PS but who knows

    I resubscribed to SST tonight and for the confirmation email.

    Speaking of SST my Trembaly Ghosts arrived today so that was a pleasant surprise. Box was beat to hell though - canít tell if something was trying to get in, or out ...

  3. #63
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,890
    Rep Power
    24
    Tried signing up through a different email address and received an immediate confirmation. I assume that Comcast was somehow blocking the confirmation email without even sending it to me as possible spam.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,616
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    You know, a while back Great Britain passed pretty robust privacy policy laws to keep peopleís info protected. Maybe those laws had something to do with some extra hardcore spam filtering coming across from the UK. I recall I had to agree to a bunch of terms and conditions from SST and PS to stay on their email lists.
    I haven't received a PS email in awhile but thought I had jumped through all their hoops when I did it for all the other UK publishers, etc. Might just need to sign back up.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,890
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I haven't received a PS email in awhile but thought I had jumped through all their hoops when I did it for all the other UK publishers, etc. Might just need to sign back up.
    PS is pretty consistent in sending a newsletter out every Friday. If you are not receiving it there is an issue.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,885
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    That’s a good point. But I don’t recall any hoops for PS but who knows

    I resubscribed to SST tonight and for the confirmation email.

    Speaking of SST my Trembaly Ghosts arrived today so that was a pleasant surprise. Box was beat to hell though - can’t tell if something was trying to get in, or out ...
    Mine came today as well and the box was a mess. My first thought when J read the line about not knowing if something was trying to get in or get out was SET and Paul pull off the greatest stunt ever and bring you Head Full of Ghosts in a box full of ghosts.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,885
    Rep Power
    64
    SST just tweeted they are down to the last 4 copies of Ghost. Run if you want one

  8. #68
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,751
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    SST just tweeted they are down to the last 4 copies of Ghost. Run if you want one
    And keep in mind, this is the first in a 4 book set. So those who are goofy for matching numbers need to start here.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    1
    Just got my copy of Tremblay's "Ghosts" in the mail as well. This was my first purchase with SST; so, I wasn't sure what to expect. Opened the box and was blown away. The books itself looks fantastic. The paper quality is great and I think the bonus materials that were included rock. Add into all of this that Paul also included a handwritten thank-you note for the purchase as well as throwing in a couple of discount cards for future purchases. Needless to say, I will be ordering from SST again. In fact, my happiness with the book and Paul's service led me to preorder Lebbon's "The Silence" this morning. Thanks again to Paul & SST!

  10. #70
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,751
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just got my copy of Tremblay's "Ghosts" in the mail as well. This was my first purchase with SST; so, I wasn't sure what to expect. Opened the box and was blown away. The books itself looks fantastic. The paper quality is great and I think the bonus materials that were included rock. Add into all of this that Paul also included a handwritten thank-you note for the purchase as well as throwing in a couple of discount cards for future purchases. Needless to say, I will be ordering from SST again. In fact, my happiness with the book and Paul's service led me to preorder Lebbon's "The Silence" this morning. Thanks again to Paul & SST!
    Paul is a fantastic guy. I keep all those postcards with the books. it's such a nice touch.

  11. #71
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,575
    Rep Power
    14
    Got my copy today as well, and I'm again impressed by SST's production qualities and attention to detail and, as mentioned by sholloman81, customer service. This is, I think, my third SST volume and it certainly won't be my last. In fact -- again, also like sholloman -- I'm giving that Lebbon volume a second look: I enjoyed the book in its tpb form and like Lebbon and generally collect his stuff, so those enclosed discount cards are looking pretty attractive...

  12. #72
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,751
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Got my copy today as well, and I'm again impressed by SST's production qualities and attention to detail and, as mentioned by sholloman81, customer service. This is, I think, my third SST volume and it certainly won't be my last. In fact -- again, also like sholloman -- I'm giving that Lebbon volume a second look: I enjoyed the book in its tpb form and like Lebbon and generally collect his stuff, so those enclosed discount cards are looking pretty attractive...
    Are you getting the other Tremblay books?

  13. #73
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,575
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Are you getting the other Tremblay books?
    No, only the collection GROWING THINGS (which I know frustrates your sense of matching-number continuity ;-)).

    I was a bit underwhelmed with DISAPPEARANCE AT DEVIL'S ROCK, and while I enjoyed THE CABIN AT THE END OF THE WORLD a bit more it wasn't the stunner that many found it to be...I thought it was unnecessarily oblique (though I appreciate that it had to be to a certain degree, given the plot), almost frustratingly so. If HEAD was a 9 (and a damn solid 9 at that! Great book!), then DISAPPEARANCE was a 6 and CABIN a 7. I have signed trades 1sts of all three books, so only felt I needed to upgrade HEAD. I'm holding off buying GROWING THINGS to force a purchase of the S/L (which I would have wanted to do anyhow so as to match my S/L HC of his other collection).
    Last edited by RonClinton; 07-26-2019 at 01:56 AM.

  14. #74
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed CyberGhostface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    8
    New release from SST of Growing Things:

    https://sstpublications.co.uk/Growin...r-Stories.html

    Comes with a bonus story.

  15. #75
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,885
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    New release from SST of Growing Things:

    https://sstpublications.co.uk/Growin...r-Stories.html

    Comes with a bonus story.
    Ordered on Tuesday night and used a coupon. This set is going to look real sharp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •