No announcement yet.

SST Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I know at least a couple of people on the forum are also on SST's advance mailing list. I just want to say that if you are on the fence about their latest offering, you need to jump down off that fence with both feet firmly planted on the side of buying it. This is hands down one of my favorite books of all time. The plot synopsis of the book does not do the execution justice. I don't want to oversell the book, but if you are a fan of humanistic fantastical fiction, this should be high on your reading list.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      So I know at least a couple of people on the forum are also on SST's advance mailing list. I just want to say that if you are on the fence about their latest offering, you need to jump down off that fence with both feet firmly planted on the side of buying it. This is hands down one of my favorite books of all time. The plot synopsis of the book does not do the execution justice. I don't want to oversell the book, but if you are a fan of humanistic fantastical fiction, this should be high on your reading list.
      I hoped on this one as soon as I received the announcement. While I haven't read this book, the synopsis sounds really cool. Have enjoyed the things CD has previously published by this author; so, I felt justified in giving this one a chance. Also had a SST coupon code which helped with the decision. C

Comment

I ordered this one right away as well. Just saw the title a d that did it. Great author. Have wanted to read this one for years

Comment

That's what everyone was saying about Brother and I didn't care for it at all lol.

Comment

Although I thought I had signed up for SST's mailing list it appears I am not on it. Hopefully this is one I can just pass on.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              That's what everyone was saying about Brother and I didn't care for it at all lol.
              I haven't read BROTHER yet so I can't speak to that one, but if you like books with heart, this is the one for you. Even my wife LOVED this book and it's hard to get her to get through a book period.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Although I thought I had signed up for SST's mailing list it appears I am not on it. Hopefully this is one I can just pass on.
                I think that this book is one that a lot of people will think it's okay to pass on, but if they give it a chance I don't think that they'll regret it. If there is one book to take a chance on, this one is it.

Put it this way, I actually sent an email to Paul at SST to thank him for publishing this book and making my month!

Comment

I initially passed on this one but since reading this thread, I have ordered it. I am not usually disappointed by the recommendations here.

Comment

I jumped on it. This book has been on my radar since I've encountered it via someone who gave it very high marks on Goodreads. I'm thrilled for the chance to get another SST edition as well. Never heard of this author before this book.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Have you emailed Paul at SST?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Have you emailed Paul at SST?
                        No too lazy. I signed up again and we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                          I initially passed on this one but since reading this thread, I have ordered it. I am not usually disappointed by the recommendations here.
                          Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          I jumped on it. This book has been on my radar since I've encountered it via someone who gave it very high marks on Goodreads. I'm thrilled for the chance to get another SST edition as well. Never heard of this author before this book.
                          Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          I hoped on this one as soon as I received the announcement. While I haven't read this book, the synopsis sounds really cool. Have enjoyed the things CD has previously published by this author; so, I felt justified in giving this one a chance. Also had a SST coupon code which helped with the decision. C
                          Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          I ordered this one right away as well. Just saw the title a d that did it. Great author. Have wanted to read this one for years
                          Glad to see this book getting some love. I’m hoping that this is a good indication of overall sales. Paul was gracious enough to reply to my email and seemed genuine in his love for this book, as well. Still very excited for this one. I will be rereading it once published!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            Glad to see this book getting some love. I’m hoping that this is a good indication of overall sales. Paul was gracious enough to reply to my email and seemed genuine in his love for this book, as well. Still very excited for this one. I will be rereading it once published!
                            You guys definitely have me intrigued.

Comment

I ordered a copy last night...have heard good things — very enthusiastic praise, really — for years, so figured this would be a great way to finally experience it for myself.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I first heard of this book on Goodreads when Sadie Hartmann (she of CD fame) mentioned it was coming back into print as a signed limited hardcover, so I was surprised to see it on the SST email list. Ordered it immediately, and used all of those sweet discount codes Paul gave us around Christmas to offset some of the crazy postage costs on all the books I ordered. (This wasn't unique to me - I think most people got them if they had ordered any books from him last year.)

I've never read anything from this author, but I checked out his twitter feed and he seems like a great guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X