No announcement yet.

SST Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is another Chizine title getting some attention from SST (growing things being the other), picking up this edition for sure. Old man scratch was a great novella published by PS if I remember correctly.

Comment

I received the SST email overnight and yes, this is book that has been on my TBR for a while so I decided it was time to place my first order directly from SST. I do have a couple of their books that I ordered via CD.

I will be honest. I am generally a very patient person. Current life events have taken a toll and my patience is not what it normally is. With said during the order process I came close to walking away. Created an account and proceeded to checkout without issue. When I entered a payment method the site gave me an error that they could not process my credit card and to try again later or call them. I know there is no issue with the card but decided to try another card. Same message. At this point I considered walking away. Decided to tray using Paypal as it was an option. Went into Paypal and tried with one of the same cards I tried to use directly. Order processed with no issue. Hopefully this is not a recurring theme, but the timing was bad. Am very interest in the book and the price was reasonable.

Comment

Surprised so few people on the forum seem to have read this author. I remember first reading him after picking up the novella that CD published "The Angels". Reminded me a lot of "Blockade Billy", but not in a bad way. Then read his novel "The Forgotten Girl". Also enjoyed that one; however, I would put it more on the fantasy/mystery side of things than horror. Since then, I've had my out for more books from this author. Had never heard of "Westlake Soul" until the SST announcement. With the level of praise/excitement from SST to publish this book, I had to order the limited. Can't wait to read it this summer/fall!

Comment

I decided to go for this one too, based on this thread and the reviews I looked at. The 'books on order' list is getting longer every day

On_order_02_20.PNG

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            So I know at least a couple of people on the forum are also on SST's advance mailing list. I just want to say that if you are on the fence about their latest offering, you need to jump down off that fence with both feet firmly planted on the side of buying it. This is hands down one of my favorite books of all time. The plot synopsis of the book does not do the execution justice. I don't want to oversell the book, but if you are a fan of humanistic fantastical fiction, this should be high on your reading list.
            I completely agree with this assessment of this book. It is in my top 10 of all time. I already have the Chizene numbered copy but ordered this one too because i love it so much. If you haven't read Rio Youers yet give him a chance.

Comment

Oh my lord. I almost missed this book. It is about time for a hardcover edition. I have read my PB twice over the years, passed this unto my wife who loved it, and then gave it to my daughter who loved it. It is a great book.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I live in the USA. Which shipping option should I use?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                  I decided to go for this one too, based on this thread and the reviews I looked at. The 'books on order' list is getting longer every day
                  I need to do this--list out every pre-order. You and I have some similar pending deliveries. And looking at your list (like mine) some of the titles really jump out because the trade editions have been long ago published while we wait for the limited editions. I'm looking at Flight or Fright (my order receipt doesn't even list the name of the book it lists it as "CDCC Secret Link -- DO NOT SHARE!"--oh shit did I just break a law??) and Gwendy's MFer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

I used:
                    Shipping Method
                    Heavily Discounted Int. Economy Shipping (Royal Mail)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      I went with the cheapest one. I've never had a problem getting books shipped via Royal Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        I need to do this--list out every pre-order. You and I have some similar pending deliveries. And looking at your list (like mine) some of the titles really jump out because the trade editions have been long ago published while we wait for the limited editions. I'm looking at Flight or Fright (my order receipt doesn't even list the name of the book it lists it as "CDCC Secret Link -- DO NOT SHARE!"--oh shit did I just break a law??) and Gwendy's MFer.
                        Yeah, I started this list last year, after checking with Mindy on a couple of things that I wasn't sure I even ordered.

Gwendy's MFer sounds like the Penthouse Letters edition...poor Gwendy!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21962[/ATTACH]
                          Wowza! You certainly have more patience and faith than I do...I have seven books on pre-order, and truth be told that's about four or five more than I'd truly like. That said, I should be receiving two of them within the next two months, so I'll be down to five shortly. Sometimes it just can't be avoided, but I no longer preorder anything, unless the situation demands it (i.e. a quick sellout is assured at announcement (thus preventing Camelot from grabbing copies) and and I have to have the book). My oldest three pre-orders are from 2017 (two) and early 2018 (1), and all are Cemetery Dance...I know many folks have preorders with CD and others publishers far older than my measly three years. Yes, I know there are reasons and causes and issues, etc. etc., so I don't want to open that discussion again, especially since I've already determined my personal solution...I just find it interesting to see others with a degree of patience r.e. small-press preorders that I just no longer seem to possess.

To bring this post back to the thread topic, two of those preorders are with SST. :-)
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Made the purchase. Going through some stuff now but didn't feel I could pass this up.

As a bonus this is actually a book my wife should be excited about. At the least she may keep it after I kick the bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                              Surprised so few people on the forum seem to have read this author. I remember first reading him after picking up the novella that CD published "The Angels". Reminded me a lot of "Blockade Billy", but not in a bad way. Then read his novel "The Forgotten Girl". Also enjoyed that one; however, I would put it more on the fantasy/mystery side of things than horror. Since then, I've had my out for more books from this author. Had never heard of "Westlake Soul" until the SST announcement. With the level of praise/excitement from SST to publish this book, I had to order the limited. Can't wait to read it this summer/fall!
                              Somehow I missed this. I have had this book on my radar for some time. I believe I first heard of it here. I read and enjoyed "The Angels" but never connected the two.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21962[/ATTACH]
                                I keep all my orders in a spreadsheet. I have a received date column so I can quickly filter down to items not received. I am down to only one old enough to not know the date ordered.

Comment

Working...
                                X