SST Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    SST does not appear to want my money. I have tried multiple times to sign up for their email list and never get the confirmation email from them. How did those of you who are receiving emails from them sign up?
    I signed up by going to this page: https://sstpublications.co.uk/SST-Mailing-List.html

I imagine that's the same page you started with.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I signed up by going to this page: https://sstpublications.co.uk/SST-Mailing-List.html

I imagine that's the same page you started with.
      I have attempted that probably close to 10 times and it always says I am, almost complete, I just need to respond to the email I receive. I just never get the email. I will try reaching out to him directly.

Thanks,
      Martin

Comment

I have attempted that probably close to 10 times and it always says I am, almost complete, I just need to respond to the email I receive. I just never get the email. I will try reaching out to him directly.

Thanks,
        Martin
        We have this problem occasionally. It's not going into your spam or something is it? Then again we also just some times have problems with specific email providers just not getting our emails or auto blocking them thinking it's spam.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

SST does not appear to want my money. I have tried multiple times to sign up for their email list and never get the confirmation email from them. How did those of you who are receiving emails from them sign up?

Thanks,
          Martin
          I think that Dan is probably right about the spam blocking. I signed up on the same link that Jeff posted and have never had an issue. I'm sure Paul will get this sorted out for you though.

Comment

I didn't get SST's GBB so I passed on GMF. Because HAD I bought GMF, I would have had to buy GBB and try to wrangle matching numbers and that's a lot for books I already own or have on pre-order in pretty sweet editions. But I just jumped on THE SILENCE. The fact that the pound to dollar conversion rate is a little lower played a factor. I really didn't want to start in with a new author considering I'm already committed to four Tremblay books and over $1k in Joe Hill books even though I've never read a word from either of them. UGH. But it's a happy problem I guess.
            I'm in a slightly different boat: I don't have BUTTON BOX but do have MAGIC FEATHER coming from CD, so I'm debating about getting both BUTTON BOX and MAGIC FEATHER through SST so that I can have a matching set. I don't know...can't quite decide.

I think you'll like Tim Lebbon. I've enjoyed his work for some time but he doesn't get a lot of Signed Limited love lately. I have yet to pull the trigger on THE SILENCE though I'll probably do so soon. SST continues to hit that sweet spot for me with their new announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Since they announced both today I can say that I went for both because The Silence was such a great book that I wanted it and n a limited edition. I had to go for magic feather because I needed it to match the button box.
              Same here as far as needing GMF. Scored mine via CDCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                I think that Dan is probably right about the spam blocking. I signed up on the same link that Jeff posted and have never had an issue. I'm sure Paul will get this sorted out for you though.
                It is definitely not in my Spam folder. This is the second company I have tried to sign up for emails from that I never get a response from. I think I will try an amil from a different provider and see if that works.

Comment

I'm in a slightly different boat: I don't have BUTTON BOX but do have MAGIC FEATHER coming from CD, so I'm debating about getting both BUTTON BOX and MAGIC FEATHER through SST so that I can have a matching set. I don't know...can't quite decide.
                  If I didn't have 2 editions of GBB at the time, I definitely would have gotten SST's! Then I would have to get the matching GMF. If I were in your spot, I would get both SST editions especially since you need to read up on Gwendy before the sequel hits.

I think you'll like Tim Lebbon. I've enjoyed his work for some time but he doesn't get a lot of Signed Limited love lately. I have yet to pull the trigger on THE SILENCE though I'll probably do so soon. SST continues to hit that sweet spot for me with their new announcements.
                  I own a signed SHIFTING OF VEILS by Lebbon. I got it in a grab bag from PS. Problem is it's the third installment in a trilogy and I haven't read the first two, so I've never cracked it. I wish I had so I'd know if Lebbon was my type of author.

Comment

If I didn't have 2 editions of GBB at the time, I definitely would have gotten SST's! Then I would have to get the matching GMF. If I were in your spot, I would get both SST editions especially since you need to read up on Gwendy before the sequel hits.

I own a signed SHIFTING OF VEILS by Lebbon. I got it in a grab bag from PS. Problem is it's the third installment in a trilogy and I haven't read the first two, so I've never cracked it. I wish I had so I'd know if Lebbon was my type of author.
                    That's what I'm think about the Gwendy books as well...It's just been a downpour of announcements lately, so adding those two editions stretches the budget mighty thin. As for Lebbon, the price point for THE SILENCE is very reasonable so I think it is worth the risk. It's gotten fairly good reviews as well, if I remember correctly.

Did you jump on an advance preorder of MARJORIE through DRP?

Comment

Was SST's Button Box numbered? I thought it was a signed unnumbered edition. I could be wrong though, it's been awhile. I do still have a handful of copies, I guess I could just go look...

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        Was SST's Button Box numbered? I thought it was a signed unnumbered edition. I could be wrong though, it's been awhile. I do still have a handful of copies, I guess I could just go look...
                        You might be right, Dan. The product page on SST's site just says "limited to 600 copies" for Button Box, while Magic Feather does state that it is hand-numbered.

Comment

Ok I just confirmed. They're more in line with our gift editions. They're not numbered or signed, but are limited. I think RC was flat signing copies that we sold of that one.

Instagram

Comment

I used to receive emails from SST but I haven't seen anything from them in ages (other than order and shipping confirmations.) Not sure if the Googles are blocking them or something . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              I used to receive emails from SST but I haven't seen anything from them in ages (other than order and shipping confirmations.) Not sure if the Googles are blocking them or something . . .
                              You know, a while back Great Britain passed pretty robust privacy policy laws to keep people’s info protected. Maybe those laws had something to do with some extra hardcore spam filtering coming across from the UK. I recall I had to agree to a bunch of terms and conditions from SST and PS to stay on their email lists.

Comment

The few Tim Lennon books I have read I have really enjoyed. I think that you will like his work.

Comment

Working...
                                X