Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SST Publications

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar

SST Publications

I didn't see a dedicated thread for SST on the forum so I thought one would be nice.

Did anybody get the email today? The book won't be publicly announced yet, so I won't mention it by title. I think I'm going to pull the trigger...

And since I'm eyeing that title, I might as well pick up Paradise Sky, right?

I also have debating on their edition of Cardinal Black. I have CD's edition on order through Camelot, but that lettered edition is calling my name.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I didn't see a dedicated thread for SST on the forum so I thought one would be nice.

Did anybody get the email today? The book won't be publicly announced yet, so I won't mention it by title. I think I'm going to pull the trigger...
    I have all three books in their signed trade 1st-ed. HC, so will likely pass...I just need to start being more selective. It sure is giving me pause, though, as the first one is among one of my favorite horror novels. So still mulling it over, if I’m going to be honest with myself.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar

I also have debating on their edition of Cardinal Black. I have CD's edition on order through Camelot, but that lettered edition is calling my name.
    Yeah, you have to get SST's Paradise Sky. Also Shining in the Dark is loaded with signatures. And their edition of The Listener might be my favorite!

And don't forget COSMIC INTERRUPTIONS!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Damn. Have to get my name on the SST mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I have all three books in their signed trade 1st-ed. HC, so will likely pass...I just need to start being more selective. It sure is giving me pause, though, as the first one is among one of my favorite horror novels. So still mulling it over, if I’m going to be honest with myself.
    Well, I don't have any of this author's books and this makes it so easy for me to jump in and finally read him. But if I were in your situation, there would be two things knocking me off the fence:
    1. Serra's art. I love his style and I almost bought Bubba and the Cosmic Bloodsuckers in paperback (even though I don't want to collect paperbacks and Bubba was my least favorite Lansdale book) just because Serra did the cover art.
    2. the last line in the item description: Including extra bonus material not published in other editions

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    the first one is among one of my favorite horror novels.
    I just thought about this and now I'm worried. We're complete opposites on Malerman and Little and I really didn't care for PRESSURE.

OR, maybe THIS is the book that we can claim as common ground. Maybe this is the one to restore balance to the Force!

In other related news, I emailed Paul and he's going to match my COSMIC INTERRUPTIONS number. So I'll have the same number across 7 books and 2 authors! AND it's a kick-ass low number! We're talking single digit here. Anyone else kinda unsettled about how excited I am for this development?

I hope this book sells out. I love SST.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I just thought about this and now I'm worried. We're complete opposites on Malerman and Little and I really didn't care for PRESSURE.

OR, maybe THIS is the book that we can claim as common ground. Maybe this is the one to restore balance to the Force!
    I’m going with that.

‘Course, it’s easy for me to gamble with your money...

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

In other related news, I emailed Paul and he's going to match my COSMIC INTERRUPTIONS number. So I'll have the same number across 7 books and 2 authors! AND it's a kick-ass low number! We're talking single digit here. Anyone else kinda unsettled about how excited I am for this development?

I hope this book sells out. I love SST.
    I'm excited for ya so no unsettled feelings here! It's cool to have gotten in on the ground floor so to speak. I have two coming from SST at some point.

Thank for the thread sock monkey, now I'm on the mailing list. Will most likely grab this set if CD offers them, just can't pay that shipping fee.

Quote Originally Posted by One eyed cat View Post
    Thank for the thread sock monkey, now I'm on the mailing list. Will most likely grab this set if CD offers them, just can't pay that shipping fee.
    No problem! Keep an eye on Camelot’s website. They’ve carried SST titles in the past so they might with this one as well.

No problem! Keep an eye on Camelot’s website. They’ve carried SST titles in the past so they might with this one as well.
    Better yet. Email Kim. She'll let ya know if she'll be carrying them and hold a copy for ya. I usually bug the poor lady before she before gets stuff up on the site
    Last edited by Brian861; 03-21-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    SST hasn't been offering us their books lately, so best to order direct or try Camelot!
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Better yet. Email Kim. She'll let ya know if she'll be carrying them and hold a copy for ya. I usually bug the poor lady before she before gets stuff up on the site
    *looks at email chain with Kim about these books*

What kind of monster does that!?

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    *looks at email chain with Kim about these books*

What kind of monster does that!?
    This monster apparently. The one who can't put sentences together correctly.

Thanks everyone, I'll check out Camalot.

Camelot has it up on their site for order: http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail...full-of-ghosts

Since this now on SST's site and on Camelot, we can talk freely about this title! I'm pretty excited about this as A Head Full of Ghosts is one heck of a novel. Tremblay's follow-up, Disappearance at Devil's Rock was solid but I was hoping for more. I've yet to read Cabin at the End of the World. That SST is doing all three books is exciting.

The only thing holding me off a bit is that CD is going to be doing A Head Full of Ghosts as well. If I remember correctly it was pictured in the last Cemetery Dance magazine with a couple of other books promoting the Graveyard Editions line. The big question is whether or not CD will be doing the other two books. I'll spring for two different editions of A Head Full of Ghosts if it means having a matching number of the trio from SST and keeping a full set of Graveyard Editions, I just don't know if I need two sets of all three books. I guess I'll have to play it safe and pick up the SST titles and wait to see what CD does.

I would not mind if CD did a nice lettered edition of A Head Full of Ghosts… Of course if that happened then I would have THREE difference editions...

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I emailed Kim to get a set of the Tremblay's reserved as soon I saw the announcement. I'm glad someone else is doing this, because while I would definitely buy the CD edition, I know my OCD would push me to seek out the other Graveyard Edition volumes and I don't need yet another set of books to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    I emailed Kim to get a set of the Tremblay's reserved as soon I saw the announcement. I'm glad someone else is doing this, because while I would definitely buy the CD edition, I know my OCD would push me to seek out the other Graveyard Edition volumes and I don't need yet another set of books to collect.
    I’m glad we have a place where us likeminded individuals can meet up. As shown in my previous post, I absolutely get your point of view. Non-collectors kinda look at me cross-eyed when I try to explain this. I also pulled the trigger on the SST edition through Camelot. I’m hedging my bets in case CD doesn’t do the other two books.