Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camelot Flash Sale

Hi Everybody,
    Camelot is kicking off a flash sale this morning featuring Joe Lansdale, it looks like 50% off on most titles. The sale runs till 5:00 PM EST today.

I was very good today and avoided both this sale and Sub Press’s dinged sale. I’ve been very impulsive lately and need to reel myself in a bit (I say this as I’m eyeing not one but two lettered editions on eBay).

Comment

I’m horrible about remembering these things unless they’re later on in the day and I get an email reminder in the morning. I need a little bit of handholding, or I just nearly always forget, which is unfortunate. I missed out on both the Sub Press and Camelot sales today.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        I’m horrible about remembering these things unless they’re later on in the day and I get an email reminder in the morning. I need a little bit of handholding, or I just nearly always forget, which is unfortunate. I missed out on both the Sub Press and Camelot sales today.
        There wasn't a whole lot to the SubPress dinged sale. Really. Just a few titles and more than a few of those were trade editions. The Camelot sale was a lot tougher to pass on because they were all Lansdale titles. Had they had Flaming London, I would have bought that and Zeppelins West and then bounced over to SubPress for The Sky Done Ripped. But they only had Zeppelins West so I was able to resist the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          There wasn't a whole lot to the SubPress dinged sale. Really. Just a few titles and more than a few of those were trade editions. The Camelot sale was a lot tougher to pass on because they were all Lansdale titles. Had they had Flaming London, I would have bought that and Zeppelins West and then bounced over to SubPress for The Sky Done Ripped. But they only had Zeppelins West so I was able to resist the whole thing.
          Picked up four signed copies from SubPress. At $10 each, couldn't pass up. Purchased "dinged" books from them before and couldn't find anything wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
            Picked up four signed copies from SubPress. At $10 each, couldn't pass up. Purchased "dinged" books from them before and couldn't find anything wrong!
            which did you get? Maybe you scooped some before I got there.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
              I've heard that a lot, but I'm always afraid I'm going to pull the trigger and get something I won't be happy with. The prices are great and there are two books I'd like to pick up...

Comment

Jeff, as a true Lansdale fan, I think that you need to get this edition of Zeppelins West from Camelot:

Lettered Artist State:
                This state of Zeppelins West was bound at the direction of Camelot Books, in cooperation with the Publisher, Subterranean Press, the Author and the Artist.
                Our goal in this project was to create a very limited unique state of this book and we think we have accomplished that. The book was not meant to be put on a shelf, but rather to be displayed on an easel or on a table.
                The two books in the traycase each contain a unique signature page and piece of art unique to this edition.
                The signature page on the first book, the text of the story, is hand colored by the artist and is truly one of a kind.
                The second book contains the afterword and comic book proposal.
                The artwork matted into the traycase is a piece of the original art from the publication and is one of a kind.
                There were 13 copies of this edition produced, lettered A through M, along with one binding copy (marked as such), which does not contain original art.
                This is Letter M

I mean it's only $1,000...

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Jeff, as a true Lansdale fan, I think that you need to get this edition of Zeppelins West from Camelot:

Lettered Artist State:
                  This state of Zeppelins West was bound at the direction of Camelot Books, in cooperation with the Publisher, Subterranean Press, the Author and the Artist.
                  Our goal in this project was to create a very limited unique state of this book and we think we have accomplished that. The book was not meant to be put on a shelf, but rather to be displayed on an easel or on a table.
                  The two books in the traycase each contain a unique signature page and piece of art unique to this edition.
                  The signature page on the first book, the text of the story, is hand colored by the artist and is truly one of a kind.
                  The second book contains the afterword and comic book proposal.
                  The artwork matted into the traycase is a piece of the original art from the publication and is one of a kind.
                  There were 13 copies of this edition produced, lettered A through M, along with one binding copy (marked as such), which does not contain original art.
                  This is Letter M

I mean it's only $1,000...

I guess I could sell half my liver.

It's prices like that that almost make me call it quits on collecting anything. So many awesome books and such limited funds. I feel like a wishful widow shopper even though I'm still spending real money on more modestly priced books.

Comment

I've heard that a lot, but I'm always afraid I'm going to pull the trigger and get something I won't be happy with. The prices are great and there are two books I'd like to pick up...

I bought Dead on the Bones last time and the endpapers were all tore up. Here's video showing you that I am not lying.

video starts at the Dead on the Bones part to spare you unnecessary suffering:

https://youtu.be/U5qaztFtYt8?t=315

Comment

I guess I could sell half my liver.

It's prices like that that almost make me call it quits on collecting anything. So many awesome books and such limited funds. I feel like a wishful widow shopper even though I'm still spending real money on more modestly priced books.
                      Well, if you were going to sell half your liver, I would have suggested doing that to keep your Suntup number going with Rosemary's Baby.

I agree with the second part of your statement. There are SO many books I'd love to have, especially in the higher end upgraded editions. The collector OCD kicks in and the mentality shifts to "I need to have ALL books in this series or by this author or from this publisher". Ultimately the idea is to have fun. I remind myself that it would be as much fun if I could by it all.

Comment

I bought Dead on the Bones last time and the endpapers were all tore up. Here's video showing you that I am not lying.

video starts at the Dead on the Bones part to spare you unnecessary suffering:

https://youtu.be/U5qaztFtYt8?t=315
                        Thanks for the link to your video. What you show in the video is what I worry about. It's a gamble and one that you have to be willing to take. For $10 it is hard to pass on the books, but they would be reading copies if damaged and not "collection copies", so I'd feel the need to still by a new copy. I guess I will continue to pass on the dinged sales.

Comment

No, the books are all (except the Greg Egan book...which is NOT signed....my bad) still on their website. Got my shipping notice today. Will let you know if there are any "problems".

Comment

I've bought two dinged books from them in the past, both of which were observably dinged or otherwise damaged. However, I felt it was worth it as I got two great books at bargain-basement prices.

Comment

Working...
                            X