No announcement yet.

ORION FICTION Publishing 4 Malerman Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD is definitely the way to go. For a UK. specialty book dealer I suggest Jeff N Joys. Very good and efficient. On Amazon: Even if you pre order early, I have had books arriving in 2nd editions or later (J. Hill, Dr Who Meets Scratchman). On those occasions I just bought a first at B & N and returned my later edition the next day that I had received from amazon.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Thanks for the guidance. I'm also looking forward to getting those Tudor US editions. Chalk Man should be shipping soon!
      Yes! I'm getting her Sub Press S/Ls via Camelot.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      Check to see if Goldsboro and/or Anderida will be selling copies. There's no discount off of MSRP and shipping can hurt, but you will absolutely get the book in pristine condition and that's always been worth the extra costs to me.
      Agreed!

Comment

Check to see if Goldsboro and/or Anderida will be selling copies. There's no discount off of MSRP and shipping can hurt, but you will absolutely get the book in pristine condition and that's always been worth the extra costs to me.
        I forgot about Goldsboro. I have used them in the past and had good luck.

Comment

Love Goldsboro...funny enough, I just sent them a query email this morning to see if they're going to be carrying a particular title. Not sure if they carry mass-market paperbacks (which I *think* is Orion's format...?), but they're great for pristine (and often signed) 1st ed. UK HCs of genre fiction. Waterstones is another one worth checking if BD doesn't work.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I bought Sarah Pinborough's newest via Amazon UK. It was out there way before here. I had no issues. I did have to create a new acct as they don't really keep all these different Amazon's together apparently. I'm pretty sure I've ordered via Amazon Germany at some point too but that was probably music.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Love Goldsboro...funny enough, I just sent them a query email this morning to see if they're going to be carrying a particular title. Not sure if they carry mass-market paperbacks (which I *think* is Orion's format...?), but they're great for pristine (and often signed) 1st ed. UK HCs of genre fiction. Waterstones is another one worth checking if BD doesn't work.
              FYI, Waterstones' packaging isn't the best either. I can't ever pre-order from Goldsboro for some reason. It declines my card every time and Goldsboro can't seem to figure it out either. So I had to wait for Tudor's latest novel to go live if you will before I ordered it. It should be making its merry way across the seas as we speak .

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                I bought Sarah Pinborough's newest via Amazon UK. It was out there way before here. I had no issues. I did have to create a new acct as they don't really keep all these different Amazon's together apparently. I'm pretty sure I've ordered via Amazon Germany at some point too but that was probably music.
                Odd that you had to create a new account for Amazon UK. It takes my US login. I'm a Prime member; not sure if that makes a difference.

Comment

So I tried logging into the Amazon UK site with my US credentials and it did not make me create an account.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    FYI, Waterstones' packaging isn't the best either. I can't ever pre-order from Goldsboro for some reason. It declines my card every time and Goldsboro can't seem to figure it out either. So I had to wait for Tudor's latest novel to go live if you will before I ordered it. It should be making its merry way across the seas as we speak .
                    You might want to give your CC company a call. I had a couple of issues when I first started buying from Goldsboro due to foreign transaction stuff.

Comment

You might want to give your CC company a call. I had a couple of issues when I first started buying from Goldsboro due to foreign transaction stuff.
                      It's weird that it's only a problem with pre-orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        It's weird that it's only a problem with pre-orders.
                        Oh I had just assumed you waited for release then used Paypal. Yeah, that's kind of weird.

Comment

Oh I had just assumed you waited for release then used Paypal. Yeah, that's kind of weird.
                          That's what I did. PayPal isn't an option for pre-orders. Oh well, it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                          X