ORION FICTION Publishing 4 Malerman Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ORION FICTION Publishing 4 Malerman Books

So for all the Malerman fans out there (me) Josh has signed a deal with Orion Publishing in the UK to publish 4 books. The details are here:
    https://www.thebookseller.com/news/o...alerman-970586

My question to anyone else in this Forum--how do you buy books from the UK? Just through Amazon? I've purchased from PS, SST, and the Folio Society, but those are small presses and I'm not sure how trade editions from bigger publishers work.

I would assume there would be a US release too. Unless you really want the UK edition.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      I would assume there would be a US release too. Unless you really want the UK edition.
      These are all UK editions. Del Rey is publishing INSPECTION in 5 days and that's the US trade. Orion will be publishing the 4 UK trade editions (one of which is INSPECTION) this year.

Comment

I have purchased directly from Gollancz but that is not the publisher in question. You may check and see if they will sell directly to a US customer.

Comment

What Martin said. I know some publishers don't ship to the states. It can be frustrating. So just ask.

Comment

Thanks guys! I reached out to Orion first and didn't hear back. So I posted here. Looks like I'll have to order through Amazon? Thought it would be neat to get a UK collection going for an author and make it something I pursue. Maybe not though.

Comment

This company ships UK books free to the U.S. (and many other countries): https://www.bookdepository.com/

I bought a book from them about a year ago and had no problems

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                Thanks guys! I reached out to Orion first and didn't hear back. So I posted here. Looks like I'll have to order through Amazon? Thought it would be neat to get a UK collection going for an author and make it something I pursue. Maybe not though.
                Almost all of my UK books are purchased from Book Depository. Free shipping worldwide. And while they don’t pack things very well, I’ve never had any condition problems yet. Just read the edition details to verify which version you are ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Almost all of my UK books are purchased from Book Depository. Free shipping worldwide. And while they don’t pack things very well, I’ve never had any condition problems yet. Just read the edition details to verify which version you are ordering.
                  Thanks Jason and jsweet! This probably my way forward.

Comment

Yep, Book Depository was going to be my suggestion as well. There's also Amazon.uk, but for whatever reason I tend to default to Book Depository.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Beware of Amazon UK. I ordered several copies of Sleeping Beauties through them when it was released and books arrived all banged up to hell and back. There was no packing material at all in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        Beware of Amazon UK. I ordered several copies of Sleeping Beauties through them when it was released and books arrived all banged up to hell and back. There was no packing material at all in the box.
                        Wow. That's crazy! Amazon is built for high volume not high quality.

I'm iffy on beginning down this frightening path (collecting UK trade editions). But I'll see what happens when these books are released.

Comment

Wow. That's crazy! Amazon is built for high volume not high quality.

I'm iffy on beginning down this frightening path (collecting UK trade editions). But I'll see what happens when these books are released.
                          Go for it! I love UK editions and have many of King's and probably all of Hill's. I will have C.J. Tudor's UK editions as well. Or maybe I should say I'll have her US editions since she's a UK based author.

The one true and tried way is to find a UK collector contact to pick these up for you and ship them. As a fellow collector, they'll get you the best copies and package them well. If you decide to go with BD, be sure to order quickly so you'll get 1st printings.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Go for it! I love UK editions and have many of King's and probably all of Hill's. I will have C.J. Tudor's UK editions as well. Or maybe I should say I'll have her US editions since she's a UK based author.

The one true and tried way is to find a UK collector contact to pick these up for you and ship them. As a fellow collector, they'll get you the best copies and package them well. If you decide to go with BD, be sure to order quickly so you'll get 1st printings.
                            Thanks for the guidance. I'm also looking forward to getting those Tudor US editions. Chalk Man should be shipping soon!

Comment

Check to see if Goldsboro and/or Anderida will be selling copies. There's no discount off of MSRP and shipping can hurt, but you will absolutely get the book in pristine condition and that's always been worth the extra costs to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X