Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signed Thomas Harris book for under $20...? Yes, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed Thomas Harris book for under $20...? Yes, please!

Barnes & Noble has a pre-order up for a SIGNED copy of Thomas Harris' new one, CARI MORA.

Pub. (May 21) priced at $29, it's on pre-order for $20.30...which is what I paid yesterday, and was thrilled to do so. But it's even better today, as they have a 10% coupon with code JUST4YOU, which would bring it down to $18.27...for a signed 1st HC Thomas Harris book!

I still have trouble believing this is real, given Harris' notorious reluctance to sign, tour, market his public persona, etc., but given that it's B&N it appears legit. Even if you're skeptical, it's worth the gamble...I didn't hesitate for a second yesterday, and I'm anxious for May to roll around so I can see if my faith in B&N paid off.

I wouldn't wait long as I've no idea how many he signed, but given Harris' past aversion to signing I can't imagine it's too many.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/boo...781538751077#/
    Last edited by RonClinton; 03-14-2019, 04:07 PM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Barnes & Noble has a pre-order up for a SIGNED copy of Thomas Harris' new one, CARI MORA.

Pub. (May 21) priced at $29, it's on pre-order for $20.30...which is what I paid yesterday, and was thrilled to do so. But it's even better today, as they have a 10% coupon with code JUST4YOU, which would bring it down to $18.27...for a signed 1st HC Thomas Harris book!

I still have trouble believing this is real, given Harris' notorious reluctance to sign, tour, market his public persona, etc., but given that it's B&N it appears legit. Even if you're skeptical, it's worth the gamble...I didn't hesitate for a second yesterday, and I'm anxious for May roll around so I can see if my faith in B&N paid off.

I wouldn't wait long, as I've no idea how many he signed, but given Harris' past aversion to signing, I can't imagine it's too many.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/boo...781538751077#/
    Tried.....said "Your order does not qualify for this promotion". But thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
      Tried.....said "Your order does not qualify for this promotion". But thanks for the info.
      Odd...must be an exclusion in the fine print (that I didn't read). Oh well, still a steal-of-a-lifetime at the regular pre-order price of $20.30.

Comment

I just tried it and it worked. I wonder if it really will be signed...as noted above, he does not seem big on signing.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
          The page does have this listed "This item is not eligible for coupon offers."

Were you trying to use a coupon??

Comment

My order worked!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered but the coupon code is not valid. I even read the fine print and am not sure why.

Comment

I'm glad folks here are getting their copies of this signed Harris before it sells out...coupon or no (and I do now see on the order page where it says that's it's not eligible for coupons), it's a heckuva opportunity...it'd still be a steal of a deal at many multiples of the $20.30 pre-order price.

Comment

Thank you! I jumped on this as well!

Comment

Thanks, Ron! Ordered it as well. Although the promo code didn't work for me either.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Thanks, Ron! Ordered it as well. Although the promo code didn't work for me either.
                      Really?? I used the promo code and now I'm enrolled at USC. Don't know how that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Really?? I used the promo code and now I'm enrolled at USC. Don't know how that happened.
                        Cost me more too because it isn't available locally so has to be shipped. I have the UK edition on pre-order as well but can't remember if it'll be signed or not.

Comment

I ordered it too - thanks for the heads up! I can't believe he's actually signing this many copies of the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            I ordered it too - thanks for the heads up! I can't believe he's actually signing this many copies of the book.
                            Just a guess here but I think he may have agreed to sign a bunch of tip-in sheets rather than do a book tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Just a guess here but I think he may have agreed to sign a bunch of tip-in sheets rather than do a book tour.
                              Probably, but either way it's a heckuva lot more signing than he's ever done before, probably more this time (500? 1000?) than the cumulation of his entire career, if aftermarket availability of signed books by him are any gauge. I have an inscribed SILENCE OF THE LAMBS and a signed RED DRAGON, but I know I'm awfully lucky in that regard because he's always been notoriously reluctant to sign (see the recent Sub Press edition of SofL for recent confirmation of that).

I'm just hoping this is a believe-it-or-not, amazing-but-true deal and not some horrendous screw-up on the part of some B&N webmaster.

Worry-nation-598932.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X