Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signed Thomas Harris book for under $20...? Yes, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Jeff, you can't start becoming the bastion of self-control. We need someone to carelessly and recklessly make impulsive purchases. Otherwise someone else is going to have to someone else step up to the plate and I'm still feeling the sting from my last big purchase. (Side note: I am willing to take on this role if Jeff steps down, but I will need a couch to crash on...)
    Paul Suntup mentioned that a book he hasn't even announced yet was already at the printer. So, yeah, I wasn't going to dump funds into a book that people seem to be lukewarm about already.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Paul Suntup mentioned that a book he hasn't even announced yet was already at the printer. So, yeah, I wasn't going to dump funds into a book that people seem to be lukewarm about already.
      Having read the book and already owing the Audible Audio and a signed trade edition I have already invested more than it was worth to me. Hope others enjoy the story more than I did. My least favorite Harris novel.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I saw this post as well. Curious, but almost now trying to NOT jump on the Suntup train so I don't have to declare bankruptcy. Of course I'm curious and I'm hoping that one of these days a Suntup production will land directly in my wheelhouse so that I can justify the limited edition price tag.

Comment

My copy arrived today . A day early. Somehow I missed the Suntup news. I’ve been so busy that I’m way behind on emails and everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            So someone picked it up. Twas not me. Like Jeff, I almost bit but saw the increase in price, put my hands up and backed away slowly.
            Wasn’t me, either, as I’m just now seeing this. Oh well, I’ll just need to be content with my signed trade. Based on comments here by those who have read it, that’s probably just as well.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              My copy arrived today . A day early. Somehow I missed the Suntup news. I’ve been so busy that I’m way behind on emails and everything else.
              The Suntup news was mentioned as an offhand comment in a post by Paul on TDT.org. He has since teased that he's sourcing rusty chains for an upcoming edition of an unannounced book.

Comment

My copy just arrived. I must say that it is a very nice book for a trade edition, and the signature makes it well worth the price even if the story is "meh". (I haven't read it yet, so I can't say.) I almost looks like he signed these with some kind of fountain pen.

Thomas Harris rot.jpg
                Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 05-24-2019, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                  My copy just arrived. I must say that it is a very nice book for a trade edition, and the signature makes it well worth the price even is the story is "meh". (I haven't read it yet, so I can't say.) I almost looks like he signed these with some kind of fountain pen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21497[/ATTACH]
                  It is a beauty for a trade edition. And that signature looks like it belongs on the side of a vintage Thunderbird. I hope I like the story but this was a great purchase already.

Comment

I ordered this book a loooong time ago. Everyone starting getting theirs so I tried to check on my order status and B&N said I had been inactive for too long and had to reset my password. I get in and check and it shows no orders for the past year. I thought well hell maybe I imagined the whole thing so I ordered another last night (even cheaper now and still signed copies left). Came home today and the first one was sitting there waiting on me. The shipping notification came in five minutes ago. LOL I guess I'll have a really special signed reading copy now.

EDIT: and I do agree it is a lovely trade edition

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                      My copy just arrived. I must say that it is a very nice book for a trade edition, and the signature makes it well worth the price even if the story is "meh". (I haven't read it yet, so I can't say.) I almost looks like he signed these with some kind of fountain pen.
                      Yes, Harris has very nice, precise cursive handwriting. He did an inscription in my 1st HC of SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, and all his writing is like that.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        Thanks for sharing that link, Ron. I finally got around to reading it today after my copy of the book arrived. Fascinating stuff....he seems like a really nice guy. And he doesn't rule out revisiting Hannibal in the future. Probably won't happen, but....you never know.
                        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Got mine today. Looks largely the same. The H and I are a little different. My vote is real.
                          Looks like mine has the longest line for H, goes all the way to S.
                          Last edited by saginawhorror; 05-24-2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                            Thanks for sharing that link, Ron. I finally got around to reading it today after my copy of the book arrived. Fascinating stuff....he seems like a really nice guy. And he doesn't rule out revisiting Hannibal in the future. Probably won't happen, but....you never know.
                            If it helps, there is a paragraph in the new book that will make you think of Mr. Lector.

Comment

Received my copies yesterday and one has a remarque. I'd have to believe these are authentic signatures. I'd post a picture but not sure how.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffsta View Post
                                Received my copies yesterday and one has a remarque. I'd have to believe these are authentic signatures. I'd post a picture but not sure how.
                                I would love to see the Remarque. I do have not heard of anything other than a signature up to now.

Comment

Working...
                                X