Thread: 40th Annual L.A. Vintage Paperback Show, March 24, 2019...anyone going?

Senior Member Hearing Voices

40th Annual L.A. Vintage Paperback Show, March 24, 2019...anyone going?

I suspect this is a long shot, but is anyone going to the Vintage Paperback Show in L.A./Glendale (Glendale Civic Auditorium)? If so, interested in having a few books mailed to you (w/ return funds) to take to the show to get signed by one of the author guests?

http://www.la-vintage-paperback-show.com/#

http://www.la-vintage-paperback-show....FBkt8ym9.dpbs

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Wrong coast lol!!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I suspect this is a long shot, but is anyone going to the Vintage Paperback Show in L.A./Glendale (Glendale Civic Auditorium)? If so, interested in having a few books mailed to you (w/ return funds) to take to the show to get signed by one of the author guests?

http://www.la-vintage-paperback-show.com/#

http://www.la-vintage-paperback-show....FBkt8ym9.dpbs
    If someone mailed a book to you, would you attempt to get that book signed? Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    If someone mailed a book to you, would you attempt to get that book signed? Cap
    I think I phrased my original post poorly...I was looking for somebody who was attending to do it for *me.* :-)

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    If it were closer to me I would be in. Of course if it was closer to me it would also be closer to you. Good luck, hope you find someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    If it were closer to me I would be in. Of course if it was closer to me it would also be closer to you. Good luck, hope you find someone.
    One of these years I'm just going to splurge and attend the damn thing. The only thing as close to my heart as fine horror limited editions are vintage noir paperbacks, and this show, now that the NY show is sadly discontinued, is the biggest show of vintage pbos in the nation...it would be absolute nirvana to me to attend. 'Course, then the objective, logical part of my brain kicks in, and says, Yeah, it'd be great, but think of all the rare pbos you could buy with the money spent on airfare, hotel, and meals...and that quashes that idea every time.

One of these years I'm just going to splurge and attend the damn thing. The only thing as close to my heart as fine horror limited editions are vintage noir paperbacks, and this show, now that the NY show is sadly discontinued, is the biggest show of vintage pbos in the nation...it would be absolute nirvana to me to attend. 'Course, then the objective, logical part of my brain kicks in, and says, Yeah, it'd be great, but think of all the rare pbos you could buy with the money spent on airfare, hotel, and meals...and that quashes that idea every time.
    Forget the airfare and take a road trip. Spend the night in Yreka and be in LA the next day. Lodging in Yreka is inexpensive and you then have your car in LA. You pay for the gas but it is still much cheaper than renting a care and airfare. It does extend your trip a day on each end. If you can't tell, I have done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Forget the airfare and take a road trip. Spend the night in Yreka and be in LA the next day. Lodging in Yreka is inexpensive and you then have your car in LA. You pay for the gas but it is still much cheaper than renting a care and airfare. It does extend your trip a day on each end. If you can't tell, I have done this.
    Hmmm...I'll have to remember this logic when next year's show gets closer.

Hmmm...I'll have to remember this logic when next year's show gets closer.
    And if you want to get into LA early in the day drive down to Bakersfield the first day. It does make for a long first day though.

If it was a warmer time of year, it’d make for a great ride on my Yamaha FJR1300...