Thread: Out of the Blue

Hybrid View

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar

Out of the Blue

Been at least five years in the making but I just got word from Camelot books that Gauntlet's Beardless Warriors and Brothers In Arms by Richard Matheson/limited is finally done and shipping. The downside, no promised slipcase, but the price was adjusted accordingly. I have always maintained one of the big difference's between Matheson and Bradbury was the fact that Matheson served and served in a combat unit during WW2. These are great stories. Glad I waited it out!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Bradbury and Matheson two of the best. I ordered this from Gauntlet when it was first announced. Just the Trade hardcover's because that's what I could afford at the time.
    I still prefer Bradbury. He has a story in this collection. Looking forward to reading this one.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I keep hoping that CD will get copies of these for Collector's Club members.........

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    I was saving my pennies for the lettered edition and Gauntlet doubled the price to a $1000. There’s just no way I’ll ever swing that.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    WOW that is kind of insane. When I placed the order with Camelot years ago, the list price for the slip-cased limited set was $175.00. Since the slipcase was dropped Kim and Tony cut the price to $125.00 which I consider reasonable. I'll find or make a nice slip case.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    I hadn’t heard that the slipcase had been dropped. Since the books were only supposed to be sold as a set, the slipcase made perfect sense.

On a side note, I need to learn how to make slipcases. Just don’t know if I have the patience.