Joe Hill - Full Throttle:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm pretty stoked for this! Denver is definitely doable for me! I'd hate to purchase tickets and find out he'll be stopping in Wichita.
    Denver is super close to me! Plus Tattered Cover is fairly small (at least that was my impression of it when I went and saw The Oatmeal last month.)

Comment

I'm pretty stoked for this! Denver is definitely doable for me! I'd hate to purchase tickets and find out he'll be stopping in Wichita.
      The site indicates they will issue refunds up to seven days before the event.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        Denver is super close to me! Plus Tattered Cover is fairly small (at least that was my impression of it when I went and saw The Oatmeal last month.)
        It's about a 7.5 hours drive for me but would be well worth it. I think this is the closest he's been to my area since I started collecting him. It'd be cool to met up if you'll be attending.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        The site indicates they will issue refunds up to seven days before the event.
        Thanks, Martin. I was looking for that info but must have overlooked it.

Comment

I went ahead and pulled the trigger for the Denver event. Thanks again, Martin for the refund info.

Comment

It's about a 7.5 hours drive for me but would be well worth it. I think this is the closest he's been to my area since I started collecting him. It'd be cool to met up if you'll be attending.
            I’m about 75% sure I’m going to go. I should just say 100% because I was going to order the B&N signed version of Full Throttle, and this is technically better.

It’s too bad my guest room is buried in boxes of books and has so sleeping apparatus, otherwise I’d offer to let you crash here since I am close to the book store. At the very least a good beer from somewhere afterwards is a must!

Comment

Thanks, Martin. I was looking for that info but must have overlooked it.
              If the info on the ARC '5 City tour' is accurate this will probably be the closest he gets to you. Unfortunately the drive would be a bit longer for me.

Comment

I’m about 75% sure I’m going to go. I should just say 100% because I was going to order the B&N signed version of Full Throttle, and this is technically better.

It’s too bad my guest room is buried in boxes of books and has so sleeping apparatus, otherwise I’d offer to let you crash here since I am close to the book store. At the very least a good beer from somewhere afterwards is a must!
                That's an awesome offer all the same, Jason! And we'll do the beer thing for sure. My wife will be in tow as well.

Comment

If the info on the ARC '5 City tour' is accurate this will probably be the closest he gets to you. Unfortunately the drive would be a bit longer for me.
                  Probably the best I could have hoped for, for sure. Unless it comes out later that he'll be in the Dallas area. That's only a 6 hour drive.

Comment

Probably the best I could have hoped for, for sure. Unless it comes out later that he'll be in the Dallas area. That's only a 6 hour drive.
                    I have had the good fortune of seeing Mr. Hill on three of his book tours (Horns, NOS4A2 and The Fireman) and I can guarantee you will have a blast!

Comment

I have had the good fortune of seeing Mr. Hill on three of his book tours (Horns, NOS4A2 and The Fireman) and I can guarantee you will have a blast!
                      His events always sound like a great time for sure!

Comment

Tickets purchased! I "convinced" my wife to come along too, even though she was slightly scared the first and only time we saw JH on the NOS4A2 tour (Seattle . . .) Plus it's the day after our first anniversary, so I'm thinking first anniversary present complete! I mean, the traditional gift is paper, right?

Comment

Tickets purchased! I "convinced" my wife to come along too, even though she was slightly scared the first and only time we saw JH on the NOS4A2 tour (Seattle . . .) Plus it's the day after our first anniversary, so I'm thinking first anniversary present complete! I mean, the traditional gift is paper, right?
                          Cool beans, man! Looking forward to meeting you guys if he doesn't make a stop at a closer venue. She'll get lots of paper as the book is included . You should have Joe inscribe it to her as such.

Comment

Cool beans, man! Looking forward to meeting you guys if he doesn't make a stop at a closer venue. She'll get lots of paper as the book is included . You should have Joe inscribe it to her as such.
                            I don't "want" you to drive 8 hours, but it would be great to meet you and your wife! So here's to hoping Denver is as close as he gets.

It's funny that you mention the inscription - a buddy of mine (that I met through TDT of all places - lived across the Narrows from me) is going to get Katie's book since Katie doesn't have an interest in keeping it. I already told him that I hope he's okay with his signed Full Throttle being inscribed "Katie - happy first anniversary! Joe Hill!" He "says" he's good with it, but we'll see . . .

Comment

I don't "want" you to drive 8 hours, but it would be great to meet you and your wife! So here's to hoping Denver is as close as he gets.

It's funny that you mention the inscription - a buddy of mine (that I met through TDT of all places - lived across the Narrows from me) is going to get Katie's book since Katie doesn't have an interest in keeping it. I already told him that I hope he's okay with his signed Full Throttle being inscribed "Katie - happy first anniversary! Joe Hill!" He "says" he's good with it, but we'll see . . .
                              That'd be hilarious! If we do the Denver thing, we'll probably drive in the day of the event and stay overnight. No vacation days left for the rest of the year so I'll have to try and minimize the impact on the old paycheck. I'm already filling sick the first part of October

Comment

That'd be hilarious! If we do the Denver thing, we'll probably drive in the day of the event and stay overnight. No vacation days left for the rest of the year so I'll have to try and minimize the impact on the old paycheck. I'm already filling sick the first part of October
                                I hope it's nothing serious that the clean mountain air can't help with.

Here's to hoping you make it out - there are lots of good breweries around that will take good care of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X