Joe Hill - Full Throttle:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    SOL for me again then. Looking like I'll never get to meet the man.
    The first couple of times he came to Powell's the room was not even at capacity. The last time he came they closed the room before he even arrived. His appearances are a blast, hopefully you will get to meet him.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Preorder now: Signed/personalized copies of Full Throttle!

https://www.waterstreetbooks.com/pre...-full-throttle
      If I pick up the title, I'll probably go with Sub Press's limited when it's formally announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        If I pick up the title, I'll probably go with Sub Press's limited when it's formally announced.
        Yep. I'm gonna go with a limited, a personalized, and UK copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          What price did SubPress say it would be?? Wasn't it something over $400? I remember it being mighty steep for a limited.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            What price did SubPress say it would be?? Wasn't it something over $400? I remember it being mighty steep for a limited.
            I don't *think* it was that high, though I'm not certain...I do remember, though, thinking that it was pretty high compared to the prices of his previous limiteds. I've kept up w/ his limited up 'til now, but if it's anywhere near $400, it'll sadly be time for me to bow out.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I am thinking it was $175 but I am not sure. I will probably have set that matches Brian861.

Comment

I am thinking it was $175 but I am not sure. I will probably have set that matches Brian861.
                I think I remember reading that it would be $175.

Comment

It was $175 for the limited and $1500 for the lettered, though both prices stated as "tentative". The lettered price will big a big "No", but I'm eye-balling that limited edition.

Comment

Yeah, $175 sounds right. Even at that (less than $400), I’m a little hesitant to spring for a collection of stories that I largely already own. This may be the end of my Joe Hill limited ed. streak, we’ll see.

Comment

Tour dates are starting to be announced. Still holding out slim hope for a NW stop. Denver is a bit too far for me.

https://www.tatteredcover.com/event/...rottle-stories
                      Last edited by Martin; 07-10-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Tour dates are starting to be announced. Still holding out slim hope for a NW stop. Denver is a bit too far for me.

https://www.tatteredcover.com/event/...rottle-stories
                        Where are the dates listed?

Comment

Yeah, Denver's way off my radar as well. To be honest, I doubt I'd even trek down to Portland...I did it for his dad and brother (with SLEEPING BEAUTIES) and even that was a bit of a stretch of interest and initiative, compounded by the subsequent unfavorable, Did-Not-Finish reaction to the book. Lesson learned: Seattle or nothing for me, I'm afaid.

Btw, this kind of ties in the discussion on the Production Updates thread, but I sure had hoped that CD would have released their limited of EARTHQUAKE WEATHER before Hill's new book hit the stands...getting lapped by the new release is another reminder that drives home the disappointing delay of EQ.

Comment

Where are the dates listed?
                            A link to the announcement of this appearance was retweeted by Mr. Hill. To my knowledge this is the only to be announced so far.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Yeah, Denver's way off my radar as well. To be honest, I doubt I'd even trek down to Portland...I did it for his dad and brother (with SLEEPING BEAUTIES) and even that was a bit of a stretch of interest and initiative, compounded by the subsequent unfavorable, Did-Not-Finish reaction to the book. Lesson learned: Seattle or nothing for me, I'm afaid.

Btw, this kind of ties in the discussion on the Production Updates thread, but I sure had hoped that CD would have released their limited of EARTHQUAKE WEATHER before Hill's new book hit the stands...getting lapped by the new release is another reminder that drives home the disappointing delay of EQ.
                              My hope is for a Powell's in-store visit by Mr. Hill but I think those days are gone. The appearances at large halls, like Sleeping Beauties, are just not the same. If I remember correctly they had to close the room before Mr. Hill arrived last time due to capacity.

Comment

I'm pretty stoked for this! Denver is definitely doable for me! I'd hate to purchase tickets and find out he'll be stopping in Wichita.

Comment

Working...
                                X