X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Hill - Full Throttle:

To be released October 1st, 2019:

From Harper Collins -

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Fireman and Strange Weather returns with a dark and ingenious collection of thirteen compelling short stories that showcase his ability to “push genre conventions to new extremes” (New York Times Book Review).

In this masterful collection of short fiction, Joe Hill dissects timeless human struggles in thirteen relentless tales of supernatural suspense, including “In The Tall Grass,” one of two stories co-written with Stephen King, basis for the terrifying feature film from Netflix.
    A little door that opens to a world of fairy tale wonders becomes the blood-drenched stomping ground for a gang of hunters in “Faun.” A grief-stricken librarian climbs behind the wheel of an antique Bookmobile to deliver fresh reads to the dead in “Late Returns.” In “By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain,” two young friends stumble on the corpse of a plesiosaur at the water’s edge, a discovery that forces them to confront the inescapable truth of their own mortality . . . and other horrors that lurk in the water’s shivery depths. And tension shimmers in the sweltering heat of the Nevada desert as a faceless trucker finds himself caught in a sinister dance with a tribe of motorcycle outlaws in “Throttle,” co-written with Stephen King.
    Featuring two previously unpublished stories, and a brace of shocking chillers, Full Throttle is a darkly imagined odyssey through the complexities of the human psyche. Hypnotic and disquieting, it mines our tormented secrets, hidden vulnerabilities, and basest fears, and demonstrates this exceptional talent at his very best.

Sounds great except for the title. Since the story Throttle is in there, I think Full Throttle is not the best idea for a title.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Sounds great except for the title. Since the story Throttle is in there, I think Full Throttle is not the best idea for a title.
      I realized after I posted this that the title is a little different. The full title is Full Throttle: Stories

Comment

I also wish it contained more then two new stories since I believe I have read most of his published work. If when I finally see a table of contents I see more that I have not read I will be thrilled!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I also wish it contained more then two new stories since I believe I have read most of his published work. If when I finally see a table of contents I see more that I have not read I will be thrilled!
          I think I'm pretty caught up as well as far as short stories go. Looking forward to the new stuff.

Comment

Me too . But it's always nice to have everything together in one place.

Comment

Marco L over at JoeHillBibliography.com has posted an update including the full table of contents:

Dear all,

I believe I have an exclusive here as I haven't seen this info anywhere else !!
              I've just gotten the green light from Joe's US publisher to share the full table of contents of Joe's upcoming short story collection Full Throttle
              Personally I'm very pleased Dark Carousel is finally released in print and I'm also very excited about the two new shorts Mums and Late Returns.
              I've updated the relevant short story pages accordingly as well as the Full Throttle page and also added some details for the Advance Reader's Edition.

As usual signed 1st edition copies can be ordered from our favourite bookshop Waters Street Bookstore, just click the link below
              https://www.waterstreetbooks.com/pre...-full-throttle

Introduction: "Who's Your Daddy?"
              Throttle (with Stephen King) -- first published in He Is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson, ed. Christopher Conlon (2009); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2012)
              Dark Carousel -- first published as an vinyl-first single, William Morrow (2018)
              Wolverton Station -- first published in Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy, ed. William Schafer (2011); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2014)
              By The Silver Water of Lake Champlain -- first published in Shadow Show: All New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury, ed Mort Castle & Sam Weller (2012); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2014)
              Faun -- first published in At Home In The Dark, ed. Lawrence Block (2019)
              Late Returns – unpublished
              All I Care About Is You -- first published in The Weight of Words, ed. Dave McKean and William Schafer (2017)
              Thumbprint -- first published in Postscripts 10, ed. Peter Crowther (2007); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2012)
              The Devil on the Staircase -- first published inS tories, ed. Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio (2010)
              Twittering From The Circus of the Dead -- first published in The New Dead, ed. Christopher Golden (2010); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2013)
              Mums – unpublished
              In The Tall Grass (with Stephen King) -- first published in Esquire, June/July and August issues (2012)
              You Are Released -- first published in Flight or Fright, ed. Stephen King and Bev Vincent (2018)
              Story Notes

As always, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions, suggestions or, even better, additional information to add to the site.

Happy collecting, best-
              Marco Lammers

Comment

Included in Mr. Hills newsletter today:

It'll be a while before the next novel, but you won't have to wait too long for the next book. FULL THROTTLE, a collection of thirteen short stories, will be out this October. It includes a pair of new ones: "Mums," about a kid who loses his mother, and grows a new one; and "Late Returns," about a young man who takes a job driving a Bookmobile and finds himself lending books to the dead. There are also two collaborations with my dad, "Throttle," and "In The Tall Grass." The latter will be a movie from Netflix this October. Then there's a round-up of a whole bunch of other stories I've written in the years since my first collection, 20th CENTURY GHOSTS. They include "Faun," "Wolverton Station," "Dark Carousel," and "By The Silver Waters of Lake Champlain" (which has been filmed as an episode of Creepshow, airing on Shudder, also probably out this fall -- I've been awfully lucky with the adaptation stuff just of late).

It won't be hard to find a signed copy -- somehow I have wound up agreeing to sign almost 8,000 copies this summer. But if you don't want to take any chances, you can pre-order your signed and personalized copy from Water Street Books right now. They ship everywhere. Note: I won't be doodling in FULL THROTTLE cos I haven't thought of a good doodle yet. I may not be able to doodle stuff at all, just to make sure I sign all the stuff I promised I'd sign.

Thanks, as always, guys, for picking up the book. I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Talk about writer's cramp. Wow!

Comment

Preorder now: Signed/personalized copies of Full Throttle!

Comment

The only way to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        The only way to fly.
                        Since it sounds like he is not coming to the Northwest I will be ordering from Waterstreet. They have always been great to deal with.

Comment

Since it sounds like he is not coming to the Northwest I will be ordering from Waterstreet. They have always been great to deal with.
                          Agreed. Have you seen tour dates, Martin?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Agreed. Have you seen tour dates, Martin?
                            I have not seen stops or dates but somewhere I read that he would only be making a few appearances and the were all in or around New England. I am still hoping for a Northwest visit but do not believe it will happen.

Comment

Thanks for this. I preordered a copy signed to Jeffingoff. So it should have a limitation of 1/1. I'm debating whether to just collect Joe Hill books or collect and actually read Joe Hill books.

Comment

Working...
                              X