X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Call of Cthulhu - Illustrated by Baranger

Has anyone seen this?
    It was just published today.

"H.P. Lovecraft is a giant of horror literature and popular culture. Since the 1920s his short stories and novels has spellbound generations and influenced countless games, comics, novels, records and films. His short story The Call of Cthulhu, written in 1926 and first published in Weird Tales in 1928, is an absolute classic. Now, french artist François Baranger presents the ultimate illustrated version of the story".

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er/description

I had not, but thanks for the heads up. I backed it!

Comment

Tha k you for posting this! I backed it also.

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
        Tha k you for posting this! I backed it also.
        Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
        I had not, but thanks for the heads up. I backed it!

My pleasure. I found it while watching Arts of Cthulhu in ArtStation (www.artstation.com/f-baranger) Then, in his profile, I found a link to Facebook and after a few minutes I was on kickstarter.
        shortly after I was convinced that I needed it, the illustrations are beautiful, its inevitable.... I found myself making my first kickstarter backup.
        So here we are, in a fantastic adventure.

Comment

I haven't been much of a Cthulhu fan, but I will say the artwork that's on the Kickstarter page is damn impressive! There's some reserved about the details - it's not IN YOUR FACE like a lot of artists in the books from publishers we love (just my opinion of course.)

Almost tempted to buy just for the art.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            Almost tempted to buy just for the art.
            I suspect that's why the vast majority, if not all, of the backers are supporting this. God knows I don't need ANOTHER copy of the story itself.

Comment

My copy arrived today. The fulfillment company left a lot to be desired with regards to packaging, but the actual book itself and the art within is absolutely stunning.

Comment

Working...
              X