X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folio Society Something Wicked this Way Comes $64.95

Got it!!
    swk.png

Described by Bradbury himself as the book he loved ‘best of all the things I have written’, Something Wicked This Way Comes is a timeless classic of fantasy horror. For this lavishly illustrated collector’s edition, Tim McDonagh has provided seven colour illustrations dripping with carnivalesque menace. The eerie inhabitants of Cooger & Dark’s Pandemonium Shadow Show are lit with the gaudy yellow and red lights of the funfair, while Mr Dark leers from the midst of his attractions, the faces of his victims tattooed across his palms. Like Bradbury’s prose, the images in this special Folio edition invite the reader to venture a little deeper into that dark tent, promising wonders and horrors and everything in between. Comedian and actor Frank Skinner lists the book as amongst his favourites, and in his incisive and affectionate introduction written for this edition he examines the many delicious flavours of fear in a novel layered with meaning and portents.

Wow, that's nice...if I didn't already have the signed Gaunlet HC (or had shelf room for duplicates! ), I'd be all over that beauty.

Here's the link for those who want to order or want to see the gorgeous full-color interior illustrations:

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/som...way-comes.html

Between this, the Gauntlet edition, PS Pub's recent edition, and Centipede's forthcoming edition, I'm so pleased to see this book continue to get love via these lavish productions...it's a novel that well deserves it.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Wish I had the cash. Those are some great looking illustrations.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Wish I had the cash. Those are some great looking illustrations.
        Ben, I know what you mean, I had too pass up on a Thunderstorm book, so I could get this...Come on Lottery!! LOL!!

Comment

I bought the hell out of it. But I didn't see mention of when this book will be shipping. Is it in stock?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            I bought the hell out of it. But I didn't see mention of when this book will be shipping. Is it in stock?
            That's what it looked like to me.

Comment

Jeff, just got a shipping notice...And I went back and Bought I Am Legend!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                WOW. See this is what I was afraid of: adding a new dealer for my addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Two deluxe editions of two absolute genre masterpieces in just two days...niiicce.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm really digging the illustrations. I haven't had much experience with Folio Society, though. I forgot about their limited edition of Call of Cthulhu until I started browsing their site. Pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      WOW. See this is what I was afraid of: adding a new dealer for my addiction.
                      No joke. That's kind of what's holding me back. I so don't need to try to keep up with another press. Or maybe that's just my justification for spending 10x the amount for Centipede's edition when it comes out: "I mean, I could have spent WAY less, but I'm just trying to stick to Centipede. And CD. And Earthling. And Borderlands. And Subterranean. And..."

Comment

Random question, but does anyone know if Folio Society's books have dust jackets? I won't normally purchase books without a dust jacket. If they do include them, then I'm sure I'll be in on some of the books mentioned in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          Random question, but does anyone know if Folio Society's books have dust jackets? I won't normally purchase books without a dust jacket. If they do include them, then I'm sure I'll be in on some of the books mentioned in this thread.
                          I've probably purchased 20+ books from them over the last few years. All of them (that are also published by them) come in slipcases and do not have dust jackets. They do sell other publishers books, and some of those have had dust jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                            It does not come with a dust jacket, but it has a design on the front cover that I think does not need it. I also buy books only with dust jacket, but Folio Society is an exception. Impressive books.

Comment

Folio Society is having a Flash Sale that ends today at 5pm (NOT sure on the time zone).

Use code KEASTD for $20 off

Comment

Working...
                              X