No announcement yet.

AMC's NOS4A2:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a year old but a great short piece Jason Sechrest did and it mentions the show so I am posting the link.

http://sechrestthings.com/18-crazy-t...facebook-live/

Since I don't do Facebook I got the info from this piece and it has some fun info.

Comment

So my wife and I watched the first three episodes tonight. My wife has never read the book and she is really enjoying it. The show is not an exact telling of the story of the book but it is very true to the original work. Also the casting of the four main characters Manx, Vic, Maggie and Bing are exactly what I envisioned. So far I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        So my wife and I watched the first three episodes tonight. My wife has never read the book and she is really enjoying it. The show is not an exact telling of the story of the book but it is very true to the original work. Also the casting of the four main characters Manx, Vic, Maggie and Bing are exactly what I envisioned. So far I love it!
        Great to hear!

Comment

It is on past my bedtime so I am hoping to watch it after work Monday.
          Yeah, I get up for work before 5, so....11 PM is my drop-dead stop time for TV. Hopefully this goes on-demand fast, and AMC doesn't pull their usual shenanigans of either taking forever to put episodes up, or omitting certain episodes altogether.
          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well I am now six episodes in. While I am still enjoying it I am getting nervous about where they are going with the story.

Comment

The first episode bored me to tears, and I thought the main roles were horribly miscast. I was going to watch it tonight, simply because of my love for the book, but now I'm thinking that I'd rather just go to bed. Is there any reason to keep going, Martin?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                The first episode bored me to tears, and I thought the main roles were horribly miscast. I was going to watch it tonight, simply because of my love for the book, but now I'm thinking that I'd rather just go to bed. Is there any reason to keep going, Martin?
                I am through seven episodes. I am enjoying it but I would say it is not great. My main thoughts would be: 1. It is not a telling of the story in the book. Clearly it follows the tenants of the book but the story varies enough that I cannot say it is true to the book. 2. I actually consider the casting really good. I think the people in the lead roles fit the roles well. 3. It varies enough from the novel that I am actually unsure where they are taking the story. This is helping keep me interested as I am curious where they are taking the story. 4. With only three episodes I am growing more fearful that they will not reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Although this is not my favorite Hill story, I still enjoyed the story and feel that the book was ripe for a very visual show. I feel they would have been better served staying truer to the novel. I will reserve my final judgement until I complete season one.

Comment

I am staying away from anything new on AMC. The production is almost always well done but the short seasons and long layoffs makes me want to be way behind in viewing. For instance I liked "Into the Badlands" and love "Better Call Saul" but it's hard for me to stay in those worlds with the huge breaks. I lose interest, forget whats going on, and never get back into it.

The weird thing is I've turned into a middle ground binge watcher. We will watch an episode a night but not multiple episodes per night. We also like to read at night and the TV gets in the way of that.

Sorry if I've veered this of course a bit.

In regards to the actual topic..,I enjoyed the book but was not in love with it. While reading it I did get the feeling that this would make a decent movie or show. So I'm sure at some point I will give the show a try. Glad to hear some feedback on it.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    I am staying away from anything new on AMC. The production is almost always well done but the short seasons and long layoffs makes me want to be way behind in viewing. For instance I liked "Into the Badlands" and love "Better Call Saul" but it's hard for me to stay in those worlds with the huge breaks. I lose interest, forget whats going on, and never get back into it.

The weird thing is I've turned into a middle ground binge watcher. We will watch an episode a night but not multiple episodes per night. We also like to read at night and the TV gets in the way of that.

Sorry if I've veered this of course a bit.

In regards to the actual topic..,I enjoyed the book but was not in love with it. While reading it I did get the feeling that this would make a decent movie or show. So I'm sure at some point I will give the show a try. Glad to hear some feedback on it.
                    Regarding Better Call Saul: AMC has stated that this show will now be on a traditional network show cadence. A new season each fall for the remainder of its run.

Your views on the NOS4A2 novel match mine.

Comment

I loved the novel and it moved ahead of Horns as my favorite Hill novel once I read it. I can only see the show each Sunday when it premieres and I'm not liking how it changes the beginning of the novel. I'm pretty bored at this point as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        I loved the novel and it moved ahead of Horns as my favorite Hill novel once I read it. I can only see the show each Sunday when it premieres and I'm not liking how it changes the beginning of the novel. I'm pretty bored at this point as well.
                        I think people who love the novel will have a harder time accepting how the series plays out.

Comment

I think people who love the novel will have a harder time accepting how the series plays out.
                          Especially if they were going to do more than one season. It wouldn't have been hard to stay truer to the source material.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I skipped last night's episode, and did not have any morning-after regrets, so....maybe I'm not meant to be watching it.
                            I am reserving final judgment until I hear back from my mother, who I recommended the show to based on my love of the book. She felt the first episode was "OK", and was going to keep watching. I'll see what she thought next time I talk to her. (This is the woman who let me watch THE EXORCIST when I was seven, so....she knows Horror, lol.)

Comment

I have been watching so far and will probably finish the season, but the show is nothing special. Good acting for the roles of Charlie, Vic and Bing, so all of these side stories...the parents of Vic and her friends...do nothing for me, or in my opinion, the story.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                I have been watching so far and will probably finish the season, but the show is nothing special. Good acting for the roles of Charlie, Vic and Bing, so all of these side stories...the parents of Vic and her friends...do nothing for me, or in my opinion, the story.
                                I am through 8 episodes and agree with your assessment. I am enjoying it but am not thrilled with it. My wife has not read the book and I think she is enjoying it more than I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X