No announcement yet.

AMC's NOS4A2:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOS4A2 has been renewed for a second season.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/nos...mc-1203274551/

Although it was not a great season one I am happy it is coming back for more. I am hoping they stay truer to the source material in the second season.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      NOS4A2 has been renewed for a second season.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/nos...mc-1203274551/

Although it was not a great season one I am happy it is coming back for more. I am hoping they stay truer to the source material in the second season.
      I'm still hanging in there and actually liked last week's episode the best thus far. Hopefully they'll turn it around in the second season.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        I'm still hanging in there and actually liked last week's episode the best thus far. Hopefully they'll turn it around in the second season.
        Couldn't sleep, so I watched #7. It was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Couldn't sleep, so I watched #7. It was pretty good.
          I enjoyed the beginning and the end of the season. The midsection was spent with a lot of 'why' thoughts.

Comment

Not sure why I am watching season 2. I loved the book, but the show just feels week to me. Maybe it’s just too drawn out.

Comment

Not sure why I am watching season 2. I loved the book, but the show just feels week to me. Maybe it’s just too drawn out.
              I have been recording season two but have yet to watch any of it.

Comment

It's my second favorite Hill book and the show got off into the weeds quickly. I'm still watching too but it's a hot mess. Not a fan of the creative differences.

Comment

This was still on my "Get around to it" watch list, but then I read an article about how the show is trying to minimize the horror elements or some such. At that point, I was like "never mind".

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    This was still on my "Get around to it" watch list, but then I read an article about how the show is trying to minimize the horror elements or some such. At that point, I was like "never mind".
                    You may be mixing your Joe Hill shows. Joe has talked about how they minimized the horror elements of Locke and Key after two failed pilots.

Comment

You may be mixing your Joe Hill shows. Joe has talked about how they minimized the horror elements of Locke and Key after two failed pilots.
                      D’oh. I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry!

Comment

Locke & Key the show is just ok for me. Being a huge fan of the original source; it'd be very hard to blow my hair back.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Locke & Key the show is just ok for me. Being a huge fan of the original source; it'd be very hard to blow my hair back.
                          I so love Lock and Key and it was going to be tough for a show to measure up for me. My biggest criticism is that they tried to fit the entire story arc into one season. I would have much preferred one season per story arc with season one covering Welcome to Lovecraft (or Matheson in the show.)

I actually did not have issue with them leaning more into the fantasy rather than the horror elements. All in all I like the show but it just can't compare the the books.

Comment

So, I'm not sure why I stuck with NOS4A2 for the second season, but I did. It's not bad, but it's really not very good either. They covered the book well...it's just...not sure...somewhat boring and it just didn't hook me.

Comment

So, I'm not sure why I stuck with NOS4A2 for the second season, but I did. It's not bad, but it's really not very good either. They covered the book well...it's just...not sure...somewhat boring and it just didn't hook me.
                              Same here. I won't return for a 3rd season if there is one.

Comment

I have season 2 on the DVR but have not watched a minute. I will probably give it a go soon. Based on Mr. Hills comments on Twitter I would be surprised if there was a season 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X