Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMC's NOS4A2:

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I loved the novel and it moved ahead of Horns as my favorite Hill novel once I read it. I can only see the show each Sunday when it premieres and I'm not liking how it changes the beginning of the novel. I'm pretty bored at this point as well.
    I think people who love the novel will have a harder time accepting how the series plays out.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I think people who love the novel will have a harder time accepting how the series plays out.
    Especially if they were going to do more than one season. It wouldn't have been hard to stay truer to the source material.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Thank you all for your input. I skipped last night's episode, and did not have any morning-after regrets, so....maybe I'm not meant to be watching it.
    I am reserving final judgment until I hear back from my mother, who I recommended the show to based on my love of the book. She felt the first episode was "OK", and was going to keep watching. I'll see what she thought next time I talk to her. (This is the woman who let me watch THE EXORCIST when I was seven, so....she knows Horror, lol.)