The Stand Limited Series coming to CBS All Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stand Limited Series coming to CBS All Access

I will be a pass on this simply because I refuse to pay a subscription fee for a single channels content. Hope it is good though:

http://thesource.com/2019/02/01/step...aming-service/

I agree. We already have the video with Amazon Prime and Netflix. That's enough.

Comment

I third this thought. I ain't buying nothin' beyond Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Personally I'm very much of a binge mentality. So I tend to rotate my subscriptions around as something I want to watch is released on another platform. Like right now I'm subbed to Netflix, but I shouldn't be as there's nothing on Netflix I want to watch right now. I had been subbed to CBS All Access for Star Trek Discovery, and will probably sub again once season 2 is done. I suspect at some point I'll be subbed to both DC and the Disney services as well, though probably only for a month or two.

There's only 2 services that consistently get my money. Amazon Prime, the video is a bonus feature, I'm subbed to that for the Prime benefits, and YouTube Premium (used to be YouTube Red). That's really just for ad free watching, since I watch way more YouTube than anything else these days.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          Fourth'ed. Between Comcast and Netflix, my entertainment-viewing budget is already about twice as high as I'd like.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Personally I'm very much of a binge mentality. So I tend to rotate my subscriptions around as something I want to watch is released on another platform. Like right now I'm subbed to Netflix, but I shouldn't be as there's nothing on Netflix I want to watch right now. I had been subbed to CBS All Access for Star Trek Discovery, and will probably sub again once season 2 is done. I suspect at some point I'll be subbed to both DC and the Disney services as well, though probably only for a month or two.

There's only 2 services that consistently get my money. Amazon Prime, the video is a bonus feature, I'm subbed to that for the Prime benefits, and YouTube Premium (used to be YouTube Red). That's really just for ad free watching, since I watch way more YouTube than anything else these days.
            That would be a cool way to do it but I am too lazy. That and having channels available and then not available would drive my wife crazy!

Comment

I really wanted to check out the new Star Trek on this service and now I see that Jordan Peele is going to be hosting The Twilight Zone on it as well. Is Star Trek worth signing up for, Dan and can I go back and watch the 1st season?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                I really wanted to check out the new Star Trek on this service and now I see that Jordan Peele is going to be hosting The Twilight Zone on it as well. Is Star Trek worth signing up for, Dan and can I go back and watch the 1st season?
                I never finished the first season, got to the mid season break and forgot to come back, but I did like what I saw. It's definitely a different tone than most Star Trek shows take though.

Instagram

Comment

I never finished the first season, got to the mid season break and forgot to come back, but I did like what I saw. It's definitely a different tone than most Star Trek shows take though.

Instagram

Comment

I was never a Star Trek fan until The Next Generation and I loved it! I've watched a few of the movies but nothing really beyond Generation. Those it sorta have that same tone?

Comment

I was never a Star Trek fan until The Next Generation and I loved it! I've watched a few of the movies but nothing really beyond Generation. Those it sorta have that same tone?
                      I would say Next Generation actually has the same or similar tone as the original series. Same with Deeps Space 9 and Voyager to varying degrees. I've seen Enterprise but I couldn't really describe the tone. Discovery kinda looks like the JJ Abrams movies, but has a pretty dark tone. It's a "war time" show, with The Federation being at war with the Klingons. I would equate it to the tone of Stargate Universe vs the rest of the Stargate shows (if you've ever seen those).

Instagram

Comment

I would say Next Generation actually has the same or similar tone as the original series. Same with Deeps Space 9 and Voyager to varying degrees. I've seen Enterprise but I couldn't really describe the tone. Discovery kinda looks like the JJ Abrams movies, but has a pretty dark tone. It's a "war time" show, with The Federation being at war with the Klingons. I would equate it to the tone of Stargate Universe vs the rest of the Stargate shows (if you've ever seen those).
                        I'm not a huge fan of the Stargate stuff so it might not be my bag. If one can go back and watch previous seasons, I'll check it out when The Stand comes along.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the Stargate stuff so it might not be my bag. If one can go back and watch previous seasons, I'll check it out when The Stand comes along.
                          Oh it's nothing like Stargate. I was just using the shift in tone between regular Stargate and Stargate Universe as an example.

Instagram

Comment

Oh it's nothing like Stargate. I was just using the shift in tone between regular Stargate and Stargate Universe as an example.
                            Ok lol. I know nothing of Stargate. Outside of the first movie. Wasn't MacGyver in the series

Comment

I guess it is confession time. I have never seen an episode of a Star Trek TV show. Not the original series or any of the follow-ups. I have seen one Star Trek movie, The Wrath of Kahn, and it made no sense to me. The people I saw it with loved it and could not believe I didn't like it. I proceeded to ask questions about the plot that I did not understand and they told me I needed to have seen a certain episode of the TV show to understand those things. I have never returned.

Comment

Working...
                              X