Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: The Stand Limited Series coming to CBS All Access

  1. #1
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,892
    Rep Power
    24

    The Stand Limited Series coming to CBS All Access

    I will be a pass on this simply because I refuse to pay a subscription fee for a single channels content. Hope it is good though:


    http://thesource.com/2019/02/01/step...aming-service/

  2. #2
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,392
    Rep Power
    15
    I agree. We already have the video with Amazon Prime and Netflix. That's enough.

  3. #3
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,753
    Rep Power
    13
    I third this thought. I ain't buying nothin' beyond Netflix.

  4. #4
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,844
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I third this thought. I ain't buying nothin' beyond Netflix.
    Personally I'm very much of a binge mentality. So I tend to rotate my subscriptions around as something I want to watch is released on another platform. Like right now I'm subbed to Netflix, but I shouldn't be as there's nothing on Netflix I want to watch right now. I had been subbed to CBS All Access for Star Trek Discovery, and will probably sub again once season 2 is done. I suspect at some point I'll be subbed to both DC and the Disney services as well, though probably only for a month or two.

    There's only 2 services that consistently get my money. Amazon Prime, the video is a bonus feature, I'm subbed to that for the Prime benefits, and YouTube Premium (used to be YouTube Red). That's really just for ad free watching, since I watch way more YouTube than anything else these days.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  5. #5
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,575
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I third this thought. I ain't buying nothin' beyond Netflix.
    Fourth'ed. Between Comcast and Netflix, my entertainment-viewing budget is already about twice as high as I'd like.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,892
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Personally I'm very much of a binge mentality. So I tend to rotate my subscriptions around as something I want to watch is released on another platform. Like right now I'm subbed to Netflix, but I shouldn't be as there's nothing on Netflix I want to watch right now. I had been subbed to CBS All Access for Star Trek Discovery, and will probably sub again once season 2 is done. I suspect at some point I'll be subbed to both DC and the Disney services as well, though probably only for a month or two.

    There's only 2 services that consistently get my money. Amazon Prime, the video is a bonus feature, I'm subbed to that for the Prime benefits, and YouTube Premium (used to be YouTube Red). That's really just for ad free watching, since I watch way more YouTube than anything else these days.
    That would be a cool way to do it but I am too lazy. That and having channels available and then not available would drive my wife crazy!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,621
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Personally I'm very much of a binge mentality. So I tend to rotate my subscriptions around as something I want to watch is released on another platform. Like right now I'm subbed to Netflix, but I shouldn't be as there's nothing on Netflix I want to watch right now. I had been subbed to CBS All Access for Star Trek Discovery, and will probably sub again once season 2 is done. I suspect at some point I'll be subbed to both DC and the Disney services as well, though probably only for a month or two.

    There's only 2 services that consistently get my money. Amazon Prime, the video is a bonus feature, I'm subbed to that for the Prime benefits, and YouTube Premium (used to be YouTube Red). That's really just for ad free watching, since I watch way more YouTube than anything else these days.
    I really wanted to check out the new Star Trek on this service and now I see that Jordan Peele is going to be hosting The Twilight Zone on it as well. Is Star Trek worth signing up for, Dan and can I go back and watch the 1st season?

  8. #8
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,844
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I really wanted to check out the new Star Trek on this service and now I see that Jordan Peele is going to be hosting The Twilight Zone on it as well. Is Star Trek worth signing up for, Dan and can I go back and watch the 1st season?
    I never finished the first season, got to the mid season break and forgot to come back, but I did like what I saw. It's definitely a different tone than most Star Trek shows take though.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  9. #9
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,844
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I really wanted to check out the new Star Trek on this service and now I see that Jordan Peele is going to be hosting The Twilight Zone on it as well. Is Star Trek worth signing up for, Dan and can I go back and watch the 1st season?
    I never finished the first season, got to the mid season break and forgot to come back, but I did like what I saw. It's definitely a different tone than most Star Trek shows take though.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  10. #10
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,621
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I never finished the first season, got to the mid season break and forgot to come back, but I did like what I saw. It's definitely a different tone than most Star Trek shows take though.
    I was never a Star Trek fan until The Next Generation and I loved it! I've watched a few of the movies but nothing really beyond Generation. Those it sorta have that same tone?

  11. #11
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,844
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I was never a Star Trek fan until The Next Generation and I loved it! I've watched a few of the movies but nothing really beyond Generation. Those it sorta have that same tone?
    I would say Next Generation actually has the same or similar tone as the original series. Same with Deeps Space 9 and Voyager to varying degrees. I've seen Enterprise but I couldn't really describe the tone. Discovery kinda looks like the JJ Abrams movies, but has a pretty dark tone. It's a "war time" show, with The Federation being at war with the Klingons. I would equate it to the tone of Stargate Universe vs the rest of the Stargate shows (if you've ever seen those).
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  12. #12
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,621
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I would say Next Generation actually has the same or similar tone as the original series. Same with Deeps Space 9 and Voyager to varying degrees. I've seen Enterprise but I couldn't really describe the tone. Discovery kinda looks like the JJ Abrams movies, but has a pretty dark tone. It's a "war time" show, with The Federation being at war with the Klingons. I would equate it to the tone of Stargate Universe vs the rest of the Stargate shows (if you've ever seen those).
    I'm not a huge fan of the Stargate stuff so it might not be my bag. If one can go back and watch previous seasons, I'll check it out when The Stand comes along.

  13. #13
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,844
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the Stargate stuff so it might not be my bag. If one can go back and watch previous seasons, I'll check it out when The Stand comes along.
    Oh it's nothing like Stargate. I was just using the shift in tone between regular Stargate and Stargate Universe as an example.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  14. #14
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,621
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Oh it's nothing like Stargate. I was just using the shift in tone between regular Stargate and Stargate Universe as an example.
    Ok lol. I know nothing of Stargate. Outside of the first movie. Wasn't MacGyver in the series

  15. #15
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,892
    Rep Power
    24
    I guess it is confession time. I have never seen an episode of a Star Trek TV show. Not the original series or any of the follow-ups. I have seen one Star Trek movie, The Wrath of Kahn, and it made no sense to me. The people I saw it with loved it and could not believe I didn't like it. I proceeded to ask questions about the plot that I did not understand and they told me I needed to have seen a certain episode of the TV show to understand those things. I have never returned.

  16. #16
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,844
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I guess it is confession time. I have never seen an episode of a Star Trek TV show. Not the original series or any of the follow-ups. I have seen one Star Trek movie, The Wrath of Kahn, and it made no sense to me. The people I saw it with loved it and could not believe I didn't like it. I proceeded to ask questions about the plot that I did not understand and they told me I needed to have seen a certain episode of the TV show to understand those things. I have never returned.
    Honestly, while I love Wrath of Kahn, I never really understood a large portion of the plot either, as I never watched the original series. That said I've probably seen most episodes of Next Generation and Deeps Space 9. Never really cared much for Voyager, and have seen all of Enterprise, but couldn't really tell you what it was about. I've also seen all of the movies.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  17. #17
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,608
    Rep Power
    54
    My son was/is a huge Star Trek fan. Every Christmas I bought, I mean Santa brought, a truck load of Star Trek toys lol!! We enjoyed all of the series in their own way. I like my Sci-fi a little darker, gritty, but it was a great way to introduce him to the genre. Now what do I do with all these star-ships in my attic HAHAH!

  18. #18
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,886
    Rep Power
    64
    Now to return this thread back to The Stand. . I'm not going to be watching this either. I don't have cable and the only streaming service that I have is Netflix and Amazon Prime . I'm too busy working most of the time and don't watch much tv at all I still need to see Bird Box and I just finally finished season 2 of Stranger Things.

  19. #19
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,552
    Rep Power
    13
    I'm passing unless there are just some amazing reviews. I liked the original mini-series so I'm not overly tempted by this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •