This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this thing rigged?

I don't want to be a nay-sayer, and I have enjoyed everyones stories to one degree or another, but I think as unpublished amateur writers we must be a bit more attentive. This contest was subjected to us in hopes of unlocking the potential horror writer in us all. The rules were set forth, the guidelines clearly stated. So, why is it that I have seen at least one published writer (as stated by this very site) in the running? I thought this was an amateur contest? Believe me you, if any of us who actually tried to produce a well-written and engaging story don't happen to win, consider this my one and final posting. For those of you rolling your eyes, remember that there are only three spots available in the compilation. And for those of you who are indeed practiced writers (you know who you are without naming names), you're robbing people of a chance. Thank you.

Originally posted by Robert Spearman View Post
    I don't want to be a nay-sayer, and I have enjoyed everyones stories to one degree or another, but I think as unpublished amateur writers we must be a bit more attentive. This contest was subjected to us in hopes of unlocking the potential horror writer in us all. The rules were set forth, the guidelines clearly stated. So, why is it that I have seen at least one published writer (as stated by this very site) in the running? I thought this was an amateur contest? Believe me you, if any of us who actually tried to produce a well-written and engaging story don't happen to win, consider this my one and final posting. For those of you rolling your eyes, remember that there are only three spots available in the compilation. And for those of you who are indeed practiced writers (you know who you are without naming names), you're robbing people of a chance. Thank you.
    If you go back and read the rules, there is a clairification of the word "Amateur" which states that anyone is allowed to enter as long as they are not published by "Cemetery Dance"
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Please read the rules and regulations more closely before making claims. It was clearly stated in both the announcement thread and the rules in the submissions section, that in this sense of the use of the word "Amateur" it refers to both unpublished writers / and writers that have not been published by Cemetery Dance. If this was not to your liking, I apologize, but the rules where clearly stated before you entered. I have closed this thread, if you wish to discuss this further please email or private message me.

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ull=1#post1126
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
      X