We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Centipede Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Centipede Press

'We Have Always Lived in the Castle' is getting a Centipede release soon. I asked and Jared said the announcement should be out in February.

Example art from Thomas Ehretsmann:

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    'We Have Always Lived in the Castle' is getting a Centipede release soon. I asked and Jared said the announcement should be out in February.

Example art from Thomas Ehretsmann:

I didn't see a price mentioned in the email. Did I miss it? Will it be the same as Hill House? Anyone know?

Comment

I'm a Centipede fanboy and really want these two Jackson releases (CASTLE and HILL HOUSE), but I haven't yet determined if I can/want to play in the price range that these two reportedly will be in. If I pass on them, I know I'll really regret it, but I suspect I'll have just as much buyer's remorse if I step up to the plate. If they were just half the price that they're apparently scheduled to be, I'd still wring my hands, but I think I could justify it in my mind...but at twice that level, I just don't know. The decision on Suntup's Jackson (and Levin) releases was, for me, pretty easy, but as Centipede releases these take that indecision anguish to a whole different level.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I didn't see a price mentioned in the email. Did I miss it? Will it be the same as Hill House? Anyone know?
        I don't know for sure, but I think it's safe to assume that it will be in the same ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          I'm a Centipede fanboy and really want these two Jackson releases (CASTLE and HILL HOUSE), but I haven't yet determined if I can/want to play in the price range that these two reportedly will be in. If I pass on them, I know I'll really regret it, but I suspect I'll have just as much buyer's remorse if I step up to the plate. If they were just half the price that they're apparently scheduled to be, I'd still wring my hands, but I think I could justify it in my mind...but at twice that level, I just don't know. The decision on Suntup's Jackson (and Levin) releases was, for me, pretty easy, but as Centipede releases these take that indecision anguish to a whole different level.
          I read Suntup's Hill House (after putting it in protective armor--see pic) and it is a book that demands a re-read. I love it, but I suspect I'll love it more when I read it again. That said, I completely agree with you on the price point. Centipede's edition of Hill House looks fantastic, but I have to say no at $500. It KILLED me to say no to Rosemary's Baby. I'm still going through withdrawal. But it has to be a book I love already to make me spend that kind of money for an exceptional copy. Even though I'm a total Suntup fan and am happy to go on faith that the quality of the production will be unbeatable.

I would consider We Have Always Lived in the Castle at $250 or so. That artwork is fantastic.

HH.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            I
            I would consider We Have Always Lived in the Castle at $250 or so. That artwork is fantastic.
            I agree, the artwork that I've seen is incredible...eerie retro, so to speak. Also agree on the $250, which is the top of the price range these classic reprints that Centipede does typically run...$150 - $250. Based on this edition and Suntup's, I wonder (with info-less, wild speculation) if the Jackson estate is demanding a particularly high royalty for limited-ed. rights. What I would have love to have seen is $250 for HILL HOUSE and $395 if one buys both HILL HOUSE and CASTLE. Even though on the high end, it would have been in the realm of what we've come to expect from Centipede. But at the purported pricing I've heard, I just don't think these are in the cards for me at this time, and that's really unfortunate. But, that said, that's my issue to deal with...Jerad will do an incredible job on these two and those who with deep pockets will surely be very, very pleased.

Comment

Ron and Jeff, I agree with both of you. The price for Centipede's edition of Hill Houseis pretty high and I'm sure that Castle will live in the same realm. Though it pains my wallet, I'm on board because I know that once these hit the aftermarket, I will never be able to afford them. Jerad does phenomenal work so even though when the price tag is hefty, I always feel like I get my money's worth. Luckily, Hill House keeps getting pushed back, giving me time to gather more funds.

Centipede looks to have a fantastic year ahead of them:
              1. The Haunting of Hill House
              2. We Have Always Lived in the Castle
              3. Dune
              4. Masters of the Weird Tale editions for Charles Grant, William F. Nolan, and Ramsey Campbell
              5. Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke
              6. Falling Angel two-volume set with sequel

I'm having slight remorse in not picking up a copy of Rosemary's Baby as it looks gorgeous, but honestly I think it's more a case of fearing that the next title is one I really want and not being able to get one. I would have been sold on Rosemary's Baby if it had been half the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                I'm having slight remorse in not picking up a copy of Rosemary's Baby as it looks gorgeous, but honestly I think it's more a case of fearing that the next title is one I really want and not being able to get one. I would have been sold on Rosemary's Baby if it had been half the cost.
                That's true. I would have bought RB at $350 for sure. Even if it was $500. Because I know it's going to be great quality and I want dibs on what's next. But I just spent $700 on Horns and I can't do that multiple times a year (especially for books I've never read) unless I collect nothing else. I am terrified that the next Suntup will be something I must have and I'll miss out because I gave my number a set of wings and a bunch of goodbye kisses.

Comment

I know I'm passing on the Ramsey Campbell and Arthur C. Clarke. Probably in on the others depending on the price oh HH and Castles. In on Dune and the others. RB wasn't an issue for me. I have a nice 1st on that.
                  Last edited by mhatchett; 01-29-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I’m iffy on Childhood’s End as well. I’ll have to continue to mull it over. I did forget the letterpress edition of T.E.D. Klein’s Children of the Kingdom and McDowell’s The Elementals. Both I’m absolutely down for!

Comment

I rarely buy King stuff, not at all a completest, not even close, so that free's my budget up somewhat for other titles.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        I rarely buy King stuff, not at all a completest, not even close, so that free's my budget up somewhat for other titles.
                        100% this. I don't have anything signed by King. I surprised myself when I bought the Doubleday Years as a set.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          100% this. I don't have anything signed by King. I surprised myself when I bought the Doubleday Years as a set.
                          I even cherry-picked that set. I like a lot of his work, particularly his short stories, but I have to be selective, especially since I have so many other interests. But I had to have CD's edition of 'Salems Lot for sure LOl!!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            I agree, the artwork that I've seen is incredible...eerie retro, so to speak. Also agree on the $250, which is the top of the price range these classic reprints that Centipede does typically run...$150 - $250. Based on this edition and Suntup's, I wonder (with info-less, wild speculation) if the Jackson estate is demanding a particularly high royalty for limited-ed. rights. What I would have love to have seen is $250 for HILL HOUSE and $395 if one buys both HILL HOUSE and CASTLE. Even though on the high end, it would have been in the realm of what we've come to expect from Centipede. But at the purported pricing I've heard, I just don't think these are in the cards for me at this time, and that's really unfortunate. But, that said, that's my issue to deal with...Jerad will do an incredible job on these two and those who with deep pockets will surely be very, very pleased.
                            A combined price for both at a reduced rate would be great. Next to Ray Bradbury Shirley Jackson was one of the earliest influences on my becoming the horror can that I am. If Grants Masters of the Weird Tales is reasonably priced I will probably jump on that one as well.

Comment

Hill House is coming out this year and Castle next year, so hopefully I can budget that.

Comment

Working...
                              X