No announcement yet.

The Girl on the Porch by Richard Chizmar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to look up the order number in my email to verify. My book should be here today after taking a side trip out of Michigan to Pennsylvania before coming back to Michigan. Sometimes USPS baffles me.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
      Hello all. Does anyone know how long it may typically take to receive a book from another publisher when ordered through Cemetery Dance. I just recently was able to return to this site and rekindle my collecting and this was one of the books I ordered and I’m not familiar with how the process works for other publishers. I only ask because I also ordered the Themis Files Trilogy through CD back in July and I noticed that it’s now in stock on the Sub Press website but I’ve heard nothing and can’t find a thread about it on the forum. Any insight as to what I may expect in terms of timeline is appreciated. I did email the “orders” address a couple of days ago but no response yet. Thanks!
      Hi Mike,

Honestly it just depends on how long it takes the other publisher to ship the title to us and how busy we are shipping other things when that title arrives. For example right now I have 3 other publishers books in our shipping queue, Horns (Suntup), Last Christmas (Gauntlet), A Little Purple Book (Borderlands). I've actually had A Little Purple Book for about a month, but we've been shipping other stuff and haven't had time for it yet. So again it can take a little while. As far as Girl on the Porch and Themis Files goes we haven't received our copies of either yet. I didn't even know Themis Files was out yet, so this is the first I'm hearing about it.

I never want to discourage people from buying from us, but a general rule of thumb is that if you want a title on release order it direct from the publisher and not a third party. Especially us, as we almost always prioritize CD titles in the shipping queue over other publisher titles.

Hope this helps.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Dan -

Thank you for the response and information. I don’t mind waiting and this helps me to understand the process as a newer member. I’m finding everyone here at Cemetery Dance to be very informative and helpful.

Thanks again,
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
          Hello all. Does anyone know how long it may typically take to receive a book from another publisher when ordered through Cemetery Dance. I just recently was able to return to this site and rekindle my collecting and this was one of the books I ordered and I’m not familiar with how the process works for other publishers. I only ask because I also ordered the Themis Files Trilogy through CD back in July and I noticed that it’s now in stock on the Sub Press website but I’ve heard nothing and can’t find a thread about it on the forum. Any insight as to what I may expect in terms of timeline is appreciated. I did email the “orders” address a couple of days ago but no response yet. Thanks!
          Welcome to the board. I thought I would give you a consumers view. In my experience ordering from a third party will always take anywhere form a little to a lot longer to receive. There are advantages and disadvantages. If you are wanting the book as soon as it is released going with the publisher is the best method. Publishers will often take care of their direct orders before shipping to their wholesale customers though this is not always the case. Also take into account how much do you trust the publisher. Small press books are often ordered in advance and some publishers may go under before delivering the book. If you order from CD you will still get your money back. I do not remember the specifics but one time I got an email from Mindy that an order had been cancelled and I had been issued a refund. I often order other publishers books from CD for a variety of reasons. CD is very responsive to questions. Between Dan, Brian and Mindy they excel at providing quick responses and addressing concerns. Should you join the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club you will often get discounts on other publishers books. If for any reason after you order you decide you no longer what to receive the book CD is quick and painless to obtain a refund from.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Welcome to the board. I thought I would give you a consumers view. In my experience ordering from a third party will always take anywhere form a little to a lot longer to receive. There are advantages and disadvantages. If you are wanting the book as soon as it is released going with the publisher is the best method. Publishers will often take care of their direct orders before shipping to their wholesale customers though this is not always the case. Also take into account how much do you trust the publisher. Small press books are often ordered in advance and some publishers may go under before delivering the book. If you order from CD you will still get your money back. I do not remember the specifics but one time I got an email from Mindy that an order had been cancelled and I had been issued a refund. I often order other publishers books from CD for a variety of reasons. CD is very responsive to questions. Between Dan, Brian and Mindy they excel at providing quick responses and addressing concerns. Should you join the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club you will often get discounts on other publishers books. If for any reason after you order you decide you no longer what to receive the book CD is quick and painless to obtain a refund from.
            I appreciate the perspective and those points are very helpful. Typically I do prefer ordering from one place that I can trust and don’t mind waiting the extra time to receive a book. I’ve followed Cemetery Dance for awhile including the forum and I’ve been very impressed by the information provided and knowledge of many long time members. Also the communication from CD staff has been great and I value having a trusted relationship. I appreciate the tip on the Collectors Club and that something I’m planning to join and just waiting for CDCC #10 to go public as right now it appears to be invite only. Thank you for the welcome and informative response!

Comment

Pics of this one at my latest Showcase Book tweet:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...814379008?s=21
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Comment

Jeff, there is a utensil in your coffee.

Comment

Jeff, there is a utensil in your coffee.
                    Yeah. If it’s the skull spoon it stays in the mug.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Yeah. If it’s the skull spoon it stays in the mug.
                      I actually posted that during the playing of the video. After I saw you 'almost' poke your eye out, but before you showed the spoon. Also, I have the same mug but no spoon.

Comment

I actually posted that during the playing of the video. After I saw you 'almost' poke your eye out, but before you showed the spoon. Also, I have the same mug but no spoon.
                        The dreaded mug. I have one too.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          The dreaded mug. I have one too.
                          Cheers! *clink* I love that mug. It's exactly right for me.

Comment

Maybe if NRB had continued, I could have lobbied for skull spoons.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              Cheers! *clink* I love that mug. It's exactly right for me.
                              Oh I love the mug.......just not the memories of NRB.

Comment

Working...
                              X