• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! I didn't know!
    THANKS!!

sk

Comment

what sold me is that later this year, I'll be able to check out library books from the library on my kindle: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ama...oks-2011-04-20

I'm glad for that as I am not thrilled about the price of some kindle books - good example is Koontz's 'fankenstein' series. Good books; quick reads - I can get the paperback off the rack for about $5.99. The kindle version is $9.99 - that defies logic; shouldnt the eVersion be cheaper to produce and deliver?
      It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
        what sold me is that later this year, I'll be able to check out library books from the library on my kindle: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ama...oks-2011-04-20

I'm glad for that as I am not thrilled about the price of some kindle books - good example is Koontz's 'fankenstein' series. Good books; quick reads - I can get the paperback off the rack for about $5.99. The kindle version is $9.99 - that defies logic; shouldnt the eVersion be cheaper to produce and deliver?
        Publisher's will sometimes price the ebook version higher than the paperback if they are trying to move more units of the paperback. Usually once the paperback is sold out, or they've remaindered the leftovers, then they'll drop the price.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

i just bought a kindle.

think i may buy some story for it called Red Rover - sounds like a good read
          WHOA! Just saw this! THANKS, BROTHER!
          www.nikhouser.com

Comment

OT: Speaking of Koontz's new Frankenstein, I was surprised to find out that only the 4th book came out in HC. I went to purchase it and its a no go for any of the other books. What the hell?
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
              OT: Speaking of Koontz's new Frankenstein, I was surprised to find out that only the 4th book came out in HC. I went to purchase it and its a no go for any of the other books. What the hell?
              i didnt think any of there were to be released in HC; thought it was PB only

Comment

Only the 4th is in a mass market HC, I've bought them all as they have come out. Charnel House released or is about to release the 4th, are working on 5 as well and did his screenplay for Frankenstein in limited editions.
                Last edited by jester05jk; 06-18-2011, 03:43 AM.

Comment

I think that is indeed the case.
                  I only came as far as the first two, but they were only available in the paperback format.

sk

Comment

I plan to read them although I thought the third book ended the story well

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      they were only available in the paperback format.
                      I would think there is a huge market for those in HC. Maybe he is planing something down the road. Odd marketing plan on those.

Comment

I plan to read them although I thought the third book ended the story well
                        For me the 4th did an amazing job.

Comment

So, I should read the third and fourth books in this series?

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            So, I should read the third and fourth books in this series?

sk
                            I'd say so.

Comment

I have a kindle. Downloaded most of the free books, a few other recommendations, and recently got through Stoker's Dracula using text to speech. Reason: I wanted something to listen to while I drove to work. Without true intonation and inflection the delivery is somewhat flat. Too, there was a lot of Yorkshire speak that didn't translate well at all. In sections is sounded like Stephen Hawkings with tourette's.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                                I'd say so.
                                OK, I'll ad these to my to-read list!
                                Thanks.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X