Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Cari Mora by Thomas Harris

  1. #1
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Cari Mora by Thomas Harris

    "Twenty-five million dollars in cartel gold lies hidden beneath a mansion on the Miami Beach waterfront. Ruthless men have tracked it for years. Leading the pack is Hans-Peter Schneider. Driven by unspeakable appetites, he makes a living fleshing out the violent fantasies of other, richer men.

    "Cari Mora, caretaker of the house, has escaped from the violence in her native country. She stays in Miami on a wobbly Temporary Protected Status, subject to the iron whim of ICE. She works at many jobs to survive.

    "Beautiful, marked by war, Cari catches the eye of Hans-Peter as he closes in on the treasure. But Cari Mora has surprising skills, and her will to survive has been tested before."


    cari-mora-1-1547204553.jpg

    Cari Mora will be published by William Heinemann in hardback, ebook and audio on May 16, 2019 and in Arrow paperback in 2020.

  2. #2
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0
    It will be interesting to see what Harris does with a new storyline, especially after nearly 40 years of Lecter stories.

    Will give this one a try when it comes out.

    B

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,313
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by brlesh View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Harris does with a new storyline, especially after nearly 40 years of Lecter stories.

    Will give this one a try when it comes out.

    B
    I am excited for this one.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    11
    Glad they finally revealed the synopsis. I love the sound of it, can’t wait to pick this one up!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,313
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Glad they finally revealed the synopsis. I love the sound of it, can’t wait to pick this one up!
    I really like the synopsis.

    Here is a different cover:
    Cari Mora 2.jpg

    I believe the first is UK and the second is US but I could be wrong.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    569
    Rep Power
    7
    Looks like I'll have to import a copy from the UK, the US cover is... Well it's not really terrible, it's just boring.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    871
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Looks like I'll have to import a copy from the UK, the US cover is... Well it's not really terrible, it's just boring.
    Americans can't handle quality covers it seems . . .

  8. #8
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    11
    I don’t care for either cover… the first one looks like a cheap romance or chick-lit cover, and the second one is terribly bland. If I had to choose, which I will have to, I’ll choose the second cover, the American edition, as at least it has claws and alligators.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,313
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I don’t care for either cover… the first one looks like a cheap romance or chick-lit cover, and the second one is terribly bland. If I had to choose, which I will have to, I’ll choose the second cover, the American edition, as at least it has claws and alligators.
    I like the first one better but it also has a Dan Brown vibe to it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    2
    I'm really looking forward to this, but it bums me out that, at the rate Harris writes, we will probably never see Dr. Lecter again.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,313
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this, but it bums me out that, at the rate Harris writes, we will probably never see Dr. Lecter again.
    I believe he has stated that he has no interest in re-visiting Dr. Lecter. I would not be surprised if this was his last novel. I know this fulfills his contractual obligation with the publisher.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •