The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    CD is one, PS is one - what is the third?
    I bought both the gift and the artist editions from CD. I really don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      So far I am holding strong and remaining content with my 1st HC and the upcoming CD edition that I plan to pick up, but if the final artwork on those djs improves, there's no telling which way I'll fall on this one. The thought of three versions of the same book on my already crowded shelves seems absurd and indulgent, but..but...but it is THE STAND, after all...
      If I add the PS edition I will have four versions of this book. Doubleday censored version (not a 1st but in pristine condition), 1st/1st of the restored version, CD Artist edition and then the PS edition.

Comment

Calling the original version "censored" is pretty silly. King was told to shorten it up and he did; that's a far cry from actual censorship.
        Last edited by slayn666; 01-15-2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          Calling the original version "censored" is pretty silly. King was told to shorten it up and he did; that's a far cry from actual censorship.
          Completely agree with you. If I remember correctly the main reason was the printer the publisher was using were not able bind a book that size.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            ...Doubleday censored version...
            I think of it as the "abridged" version.

To me, it's similar to what happened with songs of bands I used to listen to in the 80s; the "single" version of the song (released on 7" single and played on the radio) would often be around 3 1/2 minutes, but the version appearing on the album (the "true" song in my eyes) was often around 5 minutes. Once I had the album, I never bothered with the radio edit again, and it's been the same with The Stand (except for the time I read them almost back to back a few years ago, the better to notice the differences).

I probably would never buy a special edition of the original shorter Stand, but for some, "original" is a bigger deal, and some out there even think it's a better book. My problem is that it was never the book King intended (and, having read them both, I know I prefer the uncut).
            Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Looks like the price is going to be $150 . Based on the British pound. That is if my math is correct. I saw a post on Twitter or Instagram from PS that said the price is going to be around 120 pounds.

Comment

When are they opening it up for pre-order?

Comment

They haven't said yet. Hopefully soon. It would be really cool if it was offered for sale in today's newsletter. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    They haven't said yet. Hopefully soon. It would be really cool if it was offered for sale in today's newsletter. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.
                    Do they do a preorder window for previous customers? I bought Tommyknockers direct from them, will I get a preorder link beforehand or will I have to be quick on the draw to beat everyone fighting for a copy? I don't know how PS works.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Do they do a preorder window for previous customers? I bought Tommyknockers direct from them, will I get a preorder link beforehand or will I have to be quick on the draw to beat everyone fighting for a copy? I don't know how PS works.
                      According to today's newsletter you should be able to match your number with Tommyknockers. Looks like the price is going to be $150 America. And it doesn't not look like a pre-order window is to be available.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        According to today's newsletter you should be able to match your number with Tommyknockers. Looks like the price is going to be $150 America. And it doesn't not look like a pre-order window is to be available.
                        Yeah, that's what I thought. If I'm vigilant/lucky enough to see the link right when it comes through and quick enough to preorder a copy, then they'll match my number.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought. If I'm vigilant/lucky enough to see the link right when it comes through and quick enough to preorder a copy, then they'll match my number.
                          Probably will skip at $150. Maybe if CD is able to offer a nice discount to CDCC but I am not willing to spend that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Probably will skip at $150. Maybe if CD is able to offer a nice discount to CDCC but I am not willing to spend that much.
                            I'll have to. And then if CD offers through the CDCC I'll have to again. And then I'll buy one every time I stand.

Jokes.

$150 isn't bad. I just hope they go live with the sale when the British pound is weaker against the dollar. See my economics prowess?

Comment

$150 isn't bad. I just hope they go live with the sale when the British pound is weaker against the dollar. See my economics prowess?
                              Most likely the longer they wait, the weaker it'll be. Hell, by the summer, they may have to pay you to take a copy

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                                Most likely the longer they wait, the weaker it'll be. Hell, by the summer, they may have to pay you to take a copy
                                Then I'll take 2 copies.

Comment

Working...
                                X