Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I did not pre-order the series. I've ordered each volume individually. I am a CDCC member.

I did not receive any email about The Stand.
    I think it was the CDCC 7 that the note had gone to, it was a long time ago now, 2017 I think. Unfortunately I can't really look up who was excluded from the notes and why (without searching through thousands of emails). I can only see what the note actually was and the "code" we used when it was sent (we have different numerical codes that designate what the notes were for). So I can see that it was sent to a generic list (could've been anyone) and the CDCC 7. So the CDCC 7 one would've had exclusions and the generic one would've targeted a specific group of customers, but I just can't say what those exclusions or specific groups were at this point cause I don't want to spend 2 hours trying to find it in my email.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I think it was the CDCC 7 that the note had gone to, it was a long time ago now, 2017 I think. Unfortunately I can't really look up who was excluded from the notes and why (without searching through thousands of emails). I can only see what the note actually was and the "code" we used when it was sent (we have different numerical codes that designate what the notes were for). So I can see that it was sent to a generic list (could've been anyone) and the CDCC 7. So the CDCC 7 one would've had exclusions and the generic one would've targeted a specific group of customers, but I just can't say what those exclusions or specific groups were at this point cause I don't want to spend 2 hours trying to find it in my email.
    Thanks, Dan.

As long as I still get the opportunity to purchase it, I'll be fine.

Junior Member Visitor
    Pre-order will be announced on tomorrows newsletter.PS_Publishing.JPG

https://www.subscribepage.com/pspubl...form=hootsuite
    Last edited by telconamja; 02-28-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Just a bit of a heads up. It sounds like we are getting less copies of this one than we normally do.

Twitter - Twitch.tv

Junior Member Visitor
    Just a bit of a heads up. It sounds like we are getting less copies of this one than we normally do.
    If purchasing through CD what are the chances of getting the same number as Tommyknockers if we request?

Quote Originally Posted by telconamja View Post
    If purchasing through CD what are the chances of getting the same number as Tommyknockers if we request?
    Should be good, as long as you ordered Tommyknockers from us as well. We typically get the same numbers every time, though since we're getting less books this time I'll have to figure that out.

Twitter - Twitch.tv

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Should be good, as long as you ordered Tommyknockers from us as well. We typically get the same numbers every time, though since we're getting less books this time I'll have to figure that out.
    At least he told you before you offered it up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    At least he told you before you offered it up for sale.
    We always try our best to confirm our counts before we offer anything like this up for sale.

Twitter - Twitch.tv

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    This is now up for pre-order on the PS site. Price is $165.78 US. At that price I think I will pass.

https://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-s...ing-4736-p.asp

Side Note: Says it is signed but the artist and the introducer. It does not say who wrote the introduction.

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    I bought one. It was a nightmare. I had to reset my password halfway through it because it wouldn't recognize my account even though I signed in BEFORE the sale went live. I was going to buy two to sell one at a FOMO price, but I'm just going to settle for the one.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    It took more than 20 minutes to navigate my way through that purchase! I guess this is their most popular SK edition to date.

Member Part-timer
    How do you guys like the quality of the Tommyknockers or any other book? I couldn't bring myself to buy yet another copy of the stand along with the ones i have and the pending one lmao. I know it would just lie somewhere in the dust, even though i am tempted slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by WebInterceptor View Post
    How do you guys like the quality of the Tommyknockers or any other book? I couldn't bring myself to buy yet another copy of the stand along with the ones i have and the pending one lmao. I know it would just lie somewhere in the dust, even though i am tempted slightly.
    I'm not a fan of PS's slipcases. The slipcase for my copy of The Tommyknockers didn't travel well and arrived slightly damaged. But the books are high quality. And the art is fantastic.

I think they had a sizing problem with the slipcases on Tommyknockers. They cases ended up being a bit too big, I think that's the only book in the series they've had the problem with as far as I can remember.

Twitter - Twitch.tv

Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    I bought all the Esslemont titles they put out and the slipcases were a nightmare if you put on a brodart cover, however the slipcase for Something Wicked this way Comes was fine. I bought the PS Salem's Lot because I liked the idea of breaking the book into 3 volumes. Passing on the rest because I'm buying the Double day Kings from CD.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Passing on this one -- one, not a fan of the gaudy Zebra-paperback-like skeletons w/ glowing eyes that pepper the the dustjackets, and, two, am buying the CD edition and with a Fine/Fine 1st ed. HC that I already have own (in aftermarket traycase), I don't need yet a third edition of this book...I bought PS' TOMMYKNOCKERS and THINNER because there was no other limited edition in the offering.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I grabbed this one although it worked out to $275 AUD. Easily the priciest new book I've bought. Yes, I already have the CD version ordered, but it's my all-time favourite book.
    I also have all the other PS Kings except Carrie, so I need to keep the set going and keep my number (not that that was a factor - I would have bought it anyway).
    Also one doesn't usually have to wait 3-5 years to get a PS book

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Had to pass. I hate missing my number but it just was not in the cards.Hopefully it becomes available elsewhere! I hope some cool cat from the boards gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Had to pass. I hate missing my number but it just was not in the cards.Hopefully it becomes available elsewhere! I hope some cool cat from the boards gets it.
    Sorry you had to pass. It sucks. I had to pass on my number with Rosemary's Baby and it's harder to get over than it should be. I guess I'm not the healthy well-balanced adult I pretend to be. Who knows what the secondary market will turn up for PS's THE STAND . . .

Member Part-timer
    Was going to use my CD credit account stash. But, of course, was at a doctor's appointment and my "smart phone" (not so smart) wouldn't let me use it. By the time I got home, it was sold out. Maybe CD will get some more copies.