• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

https://app.mailerlite.com/w8a5o2/10...76092775/z2o9/

updated URL
    Last edited by telconamja; 01-11-2019, 04:48 PM. Reason: updated URL

Yeah, I just got the newsletter - looks nice! I guess I'll buy it, seeing as I have all the other PS SK books, but I bet the CD edition will be nicer

Comment

I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna try to match my Tommyknockers number which matches my Doubleday Series number. So if everything goes spectacularly, I'll have three new copies of THE STAND in 2019. But probably more like three new copies of THE STAND in 2020.

Comment

Assuming this and CD's editions are the uncut, I would like to see someone do a nice edition of the original edition.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Assuming this and CD's editions are the uncut, I would like to see someone do a nice edition of the original edition.
          That would be cool. PS is also doing the uncut though. Maybe Suntup will do the circumcised edition????

Comment

Did they announce a price yet? I love Don Maitz so I may look into this.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I *think* I’ll likely pass...I have a Fine/Fine 1st HC in a great aftermarket slipcase, and I plan to pick up the forthcoming CD edition. I certainly don’t need a third version...I think.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The uncut version is Kings preferred version. I do not expect to see the edited version in print again. I really want to pass on this but it is The Stand so I will probably get it.

Comment

I will probably get this one. The Stand is my favorite King book.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    What he said!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      I told myself I wouldn't but I probably will as well. It's my #1 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        I told myself I wouldn't but I probably will as well. It's my #1 too.
                        The Stand is the book that has shaped my reading for my entire adult life. From the time I first read it I have been drawn to dark fiction. I also begin reading most everything King published as soon as it was published. It also brought my mom into King fandom. She usually read romance stories. When she saw me reading a book that sized she was intrigued. When I finished and we talked about she decided to read it. She started it after work going into her weekend. She finished it before returning to work and borrowed my King books as soon as I finished them for the rest of her life.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          The Stand is the book that has shaped my reading for my entire adult life. From the time I first read it I have been drawn to dark fiction. I also begin reading most everything King published as soon as it was published. It also brought my mom into King fandom. She usually read romance stories. When she saw me reading a book that sized she was intrigued. When I finished and we talked about she decided to read it. She started it after work going into her weekend. She finished it before returning to work and borrowed my King books as soon as I finished them for the rest of her life.
                          That's awesome! My mom reads him as well.

Comment

The Stand and 'Salem's Lot were the first two King books I read, but I can't remember which one I read first.

I was home sick from school, and asked my Mom to pick up a few books from the library.
                            I have no idea why she picked Stephen King books, as she wasn't all that comfortable with my burgeoning horror collection, but she came home with those two books, and I read them both in two days.

There were 734 pages in that edition of The Stand.

While in America for the summer of '85, I picked up a Rand McNally atlas of the US, and the next time I read The Stand, I followed the journey on the map.

I have no idea how many times I've read both of those books...at least 20 times each, I'm sure. Maybe more.

Comment

The Doubleday Years edition will be enough for me. Half because I'm trying to cut back on double (or triple (or quadruple...)) dipping, half because I'm not a huge fan of how PS is breaking things up into three volumes like this (though it is perhaps more understandable with a book as long as The Stand).

Comment

Working...
                              X