The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I bought both the gift and the artist editions from CD. I really don't know why.
    Am I reading this correctly? The Stand was offered for pre-order?

I didn't receive any notice. Neither as CDCC or as an owner of the series.

Comment

I expected it to be around this price point and will also be passing on this. I was hoping that it would be priced a little lower so I could torment myself on a decision.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Probably will skip at $150. Maybe if CD is able to offer a nice discount to CDCC but I am not willing to spend that much.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Br!an View Post

There was an option several years ago to pre-buy the whole set, back when Carrie was released. I did that at the time - not sure if that's what he's referring to.

Comment

I've seen it discussed over at TDT. Were you a member of CDCC 8? You should have had a shot at an early pre-order window a while back. I think Sleeping Beauties slowed the roll on this one getting the official announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by jsweet View Post
            There was an option several years ago to pre-buy the whole set, back when Carrie was released. I did that at the time - not sure if that's what he's referring to.
            No, I missed that! I wish I had been paying attention back then.

Comment

I preordered the whole set back then also. I think it's already saved me $50 at least. Possibly even more. Plus my book anxiety is kept in check knowing that I don't have to worry about it when they are announced.

Comment

Neither did I.
                Apparently, if you pre-ordered the complete Doubleday set, whichever edition, members of the CDCC did NOT receive the offer.
                Which I absolutely do not understand.
                I did pre-order a complete matching Artist Edition numbered set, but was very, VERY interested in the lettered edition. Which, as a member of the CDCC I would have purchased without any hesitation.
                So I did miss out at first. Fortunately, I was able to set things right again.

Fortunately, this won't be happening again: also the owners of a complete set will be receiving the pre-order offers again.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  Were you a member of CDCC 8? You should have had a shot at an early pre-order window a while back.
                  Not necessarily. See the above comments.

sk

Comment

It's the way the CD mailing software is set up. If you had already pre-ordered the series, your name wasn't on the email list for the CDCC offer.

I heard about it on Jan 12th last year, and emailed Mindy to get the CDCC discount on the Gift Edition, which I had not pre-ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      Neither did I.
                      Apparently, if you pre-ordered the complete Doubleday set, whichever edition, members of the CDCC did NOT receive the offer.
                      Which I absolutely do not understand.
                      I did pre-order a complete matching Artist Edition numbered set, but was very, VERY interested in the lettered edition. Which, as a member of the CDCC I would have purchased without any hesitation.
                      So I did miss out at first. Fortunately, I was able to set things right again.

Fortunately, this won't be happening again: also the owners of a complete set will be receiving the pre-order offers again.

sk
                      It sounds kinda dumb, but it actually has to do with trying to avoid mis-purchases, that then later require returns / refunds. You'd be suprised at how many people buy something more than once forgetting they bought it, then 3 show up and they return the extras, which inevitably turns into damaged products. There's a couple other reasons (none of which are coming to mind at the moment), but this is one of the biggest reasons.

If I had to guess we won't do a public announcement until we're shipping Night Shift or done shipping Night Shift (this is how I think we've done it in the past). There's some movement on that front as well Sleeping Beauties is getting awfully close now (don't want to give anything specific in case something else goes wrong). I think the plan is that Night Shift will head to the printer once Sleeping Beauties is done.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        It sounds kinda dumb, but it actually has to do with trying to avoid miss purchases, that then later require returns / refunds. You'd be suprised at how many people buy something more than once forgetting they bought it, then 3 show up and they return the extras, which inevitably turns into damaged products. There's a couple other reasons (none of which are coming to mind at the moment), but this is one of the biggest reasons.

If I had to guess we won't do a public announcement until we're shipping Night Shift or done shipping Night Shift (this is how I think we've done it in the past). There's some movement on that front as well Sleeping Beauties is getting awfully close now (don't want to give anything specific in case something else goes wrong). I think the plan is that Night Shift will head to the printer once Sleeping Beauties is done.
                        I resemble that remark. I have ordered multiple copies of multiple books. I have caught myself before they shipped and cancelled orders on occasion. However I am return averse so when I have ended up with a second I have either gifted one or taken it to Powell's for trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          I resemble that remark. I have ordered multiple copies of multiple books. I have caught myself before they shipped and cancelled orders on occasion. However I am return averse so when I have ended up with a second I have either gifted one or taken it to Powell's for trade.
                          I usually manage to do it with slipcases. I still have a Sleeping Beauties one in the box upstairs

Comment

This explains the comments I've seen here about titles in the Doubleday Years being preordered even though CD hasn't made it the title after Night Shift. Thanks jsweet. Cap

Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                              It's the way the CD mailing software is set up. If you had already pre-ordered the series, your name wasn't on the email list for the CDCC offer.

I heard about it on Jan 12th last year, and emailed Mindy to get the CDCC discount on the Gift Edition, which I had not pre-ordered.
                              I did not pre-order the series. I've ordered each volume individually. I am a CDCC member.

I did not receive any email about The Stand.

Comment

I did not pre-order the series. I've ordered each volume individually. I am a CDCC member.

I did not receive any email about The Stand.
                                From what I remember, if you had placed an order for the Lettered or Numbered edition before the CDCC email went out, you wouldn't get the email. If you didn't do that, then I don't know

Comment

Working...
                                X