The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    The Doubleday Years edition will be enough for me. Half because I'm trying to cut back on double (or triple (or quadruple...)) dipping, half because I'm not a huge fan of how PS is breaking things up into three volumes like this (though it is perhaps more understandable with a book as long as The Stand).
    I only had Pet Semetary from PS, but I was not a fan of the shorter height of the books along with thin paper and artwork that was printed “thinly”. I don’t know if all of their King books were the same, but I honestly didn’t think they came close to the CD editions.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      I only had Pet Semetary from PS, but I was not a fan of the shorter height of the books along with thin paper and artwork that was printed “thinly”. I don’t know if all of their King books were the same, but I honestly didn’t think they came close to the CD editions.
      That is pretty standard fare for PS books. I greatly prefer CD books and I have the Artist Edition Of The Stand coming from CD but I may still have to spring for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
        The Stand and 'Salem's Lot were the first two King books I read, but I can't remember which one I read first.

I was home sick from school, and asked my Mom to pick up a few books from the library.
        I have no idea why she picked Stephen King books, as she wasn't all that comfortable with my burgeoning horror collection, but she came home with those two books, and I read them both in two days.

There were 734 pages in that edition of The Stand.

While in America for the summer of '85, I picked up a Rand McNally atlas of the US, and the next time I read The Stand, I followed the journey on the map.

I have no idea how many times I've read both of those books...at least 20 times each, I'm sure. Maybe more.
        That's really cool, Dave that you followed the journey on the map!

Comment

Salem's Lot was my first King book. I did buy the PS edition of that and I actually like it, but I'm passing on this one in favor of the CD edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            That's really cool, Dave that you followed the journey on the map!
            I was SO ready to move to the US at that point I loved how King and Spielberg got the essence of (I guess) middle-class USA across. Following The Stand in the atlas gave me a much better sense of the distances involved.

Comment

I was SO ready to move to the US at that point I loved how King and Spielberg got the essence of (I guess) middle-class USA across. Following The Stand in the atlas gave me a much better sense of the distances involved.
              It's a bit of a stretch across the old girl for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                That is pretty standard fare for PS books. I greatly prefer CD books and I have the Artist Edition Of The Stand coming from CD but I may still have to spring for this one.
                The shorter and stouter book is pretty standard for UK editions I guess? I just bought a first edition Wizard and Glass UK Hardcover from the thrift shop and it's as short as my PS Fireman and PS Tommyknockers. I bought it for the novelty of it. I don't intend to collect UK hardcovers.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                  The shorter and stouter book is pretty standard for UK editions I guess?
                  It's about 50/50 in my experience. Some publishers (Harper Voyager) love them, some use them pretty regularly (Gollancz), and others stick to the size Americans are more used to (Tor UK).

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    I agree .However I will still more then likely get this one. I don't mind the height of the book and I have a few of the other PS editions. Don't mind multiple copies of my favorite books.

Comment

I really like what PS is doing with this. I'd be tempted to pick it up if I didn't already have the CD edition on order.

Comment

I have the CD version on order but will also be grabbing this one. It's The Stand!

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                          I have the CD version on order but will also be grabbing this one. It's The Stand!
                          I am trying to convince myself that I do not need the PS version. So far I am failing.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            ,,,if everything goes spectacularly, I'll have three new copies of THE STAND in 2019. But probably more like three new copies of THE STAND in 2020.
                            CD is one, PS is one - what is the third?
                            Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

While in America for the summer of '85, I picked up a Rand McNally atlas of the US, and the next time I read The Stand, I followed the journey on the map.
                              Incredibly cool.
                              Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                I am trying to convince myself that I do not need the PS version. So far I am failing.
                                So far I am holding strong and remaining content with my 1st HC and the upcoming CD edition that I plan to pick up, but if the final artwork on those djs improves, there's no telling which way I'll fall on this one. The thought of three versions of the same book on my already crowded shelves seems absurd and indulgent, but..but...but it is THE STAND, after all...
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X