Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106

Thread: The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

  1. #81
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,455
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Sorry you had to pass. It sucks. I had to pass on my number with Rosemary's Baby and it's harder to get over than it should be. I guess I'm not the healthy well-balanced adult I pretend to be. Who knows what the secondary market will turn up for PS's THE STAND . . .
    If it is any consolation none of us ever thought you were a healthy well-balanced adult. But don't stress, one out of three aint bad!

  2. #82
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,642
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpheel View Post
    Was going to use my CD credit account stash. But, of course, was at a doctor's appointment and my "smart phone" (not so smart) wouldn't let me use it. By the time I got home, it was sold out. Maybe CD will get some more copies.
    Write Mindy. We may still have a couple. We pulled it early so we wouldn't oversell, knowing people would contact us about not getting one. Just be aware that she may have sold all those copies already (it wasn't many).
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  3. #83
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Write Mindy. We may still have a couple. We pulled it early so we wouldn't oversell, knowing people would contact us about not getting one. Just be aware that she may have sold all those copies already (it wasn't many).
    Not sure if this is appropriate but Sub Press still has some:

    https://subterraneanpress.com/all-bo...rders/stand-ps

  4. #84
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    11
    If anyone missed out, DRP is selling PS's THE STAND here:

    https://darkregions.com/products/the...r-set-preorder

  5. #85
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,303
    Rep Power
    15
    I still can't become a real fan of the PS books. The small size, thinner paper and "quality" of the artwork. They just don't impress too much. SK title or not.

  6. #86
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,642
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I still can't become a real fan of the PS books. The small size, thinner paper and "quality" of the artwork. They just don't impress too much. SK title or not.
    I've liked a lot of the artwork. Certainly not all of it, but I don't like all of the artwork we use. Personally I particularly like the artwork Don Maitz is doing for The Stand for them.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  7. #87
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I've liked a lot of the artwork. Certainly not all of it, but I don't like all of the artwork we use. Personally I particularly like the artwork Don Maitz is doing for The Stand for them.
    I LOVE Daniele Serra's art for The Tommyknockers.

  8. #88
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,790
    Rep Power
    63
    I ended up passing on this one. My daughter is off to college in the fall. No matter how much I tried to I just couldn't justify this purchase especially since I have the Cemetery Dance one on order .

  9. #89
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    11
    According to PS on the product page, their edition of THE STAND will be published this month. Has anyone heard anything since it sold out? Has anyone been dreaming of the old black woman or the faceless man? Anyone going to Boulder? Or Vegas?

    BTW: someone shared a pic of Maitz's Flagg over on TDT and it looks awesome.

  10. #90
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    According to PS on the product page, their edition of THE STAND will be published this month. Has anyone heard anything since it sold out? Has anyone been dreaming of the old black woman or the faceless man? Anyone going to Boulder? Or Vegas?

    BTW: someone shared a pic of Maitz's Flagg over on TDT and it looks awesome.
    Would love to see the book but having bought a few books from them and knowing how flimsy those pages are, it still nags me at the back of my mind if it will be able to withstand general use. Still having higher expectations of the CD edition than this one lol.
    Last edited by WebInterceptor; 05-08-2019 at 07:21 PM.

  11. #91
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by WebInterceptor View Post
    Still having higher expectations of the CD edition than this one lol.
    I have those expectations as well. I loved the way THE TOMMYKNOCKERS turned out so I hope THE STAND at least matches that set.

  12. #92
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,642
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I have those expectations as well. I loved the way THE TOMMYKNOCKERS turned out so I hope THE STAND at least matches that set.
    Love it or hate it, PS Publishing has been pretty consistent about the materials they've used on this series of theirs. The materials and production quality has stayed the same for all of them.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  13. #93
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    According to PS on the product page, their edition of THE STAND will be published this month. Has anyone heard anything since it sold out? Has anyone been dreaming of the old black woman or the faceless man? Anyone going to Boulder? Or Vegas?

    BTW: someone shared a pic of Maitz's Flagg over on TDT and it looks awesome.
    Ha. Just got back home from Boulder an hour ago. I suck, so I never even thought of The Stand. Wanted to swing by Lakewood but couldn't seem to make that happen either. Oh well, snow in May for those who enjoy that.

  14. #94
    Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by One eyed cat View Post
    Ha. Just got back home from Boulder an hour ago. I suck, so I never even thought of The Stand. Wanted to swing by Lakewood but couldn't seem to make that happen either. Oh well, snow in May for those who enjoy that.
    Boulder also figured into THE SHINING. When I was there in September, I also wanted to swing by Centipede Press and see what I could see, but time was an enemy.

  15. #95
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,726
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I still can't become a real fan of the PS books. The small size, thinner paper and "quality" of the artwork. They just don't impress too much. SK title or not.
    But....Have you seen the PS lettereds in this series.....They're gorgeous!

    sk

  16. #96
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,303
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    But....Have you seen the PS lettereds in this series.....They're gorgeous!

    sk
    I haven't.

  17. #97
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Boulder also figured into THE SHINING. When I was there in September, I also wanted to swing by Centipede Press and see what I could see, but time was an enemy.
    Vacations are always too short. Oh well, back to work we go.

  18. #98
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    901
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    According to PS on the product page, their edition of THE STAND will be published this month. Has anyone heard anything since it sold out? Has anyone been dreaming of the old black woman or the faceless man? Anyone going to Boulder? Or Vegas?

    BTW: someone shared a pic of Maitz's Flagg over on TDT and it looks awesome.
    I was just in Boulder last Sunday.

  19. #99
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    901
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by One eyed cat View Post
    Ha. Just got back home from Boulder an hour ago. I suck, so I never even thought of The Stand. Wanted to swing by Lakewood but couldn't seem to make that happen either. Oh well, snow in May for those who enjoy that.

    I’m in the same boat - never once thought of The Stand while I was there. Was busy enjoying the sunshine and walking round a bit.

  20. #100
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I’m in the same boat - never once thought of The Stand while I was there. Was busy enjoying the sunshine and walking round a bit.
    Boulder was amazing, my wife and I loved it. First time in Colorado for both of us. What part are you living in if you don't mind mind me asking?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •