Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

Junior Member Visitor

The Stand 3 book set. PS Publishing

Last edited by telconamja; 01-11-2019 at 03:48 PM. Reason: updated URL

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Yeah, I just got the newsletter - looks nice! I guess I'll buy it, seeing as I have all the other PS SK books, but I bet the CD edition will be nicer

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna try to match my Tommyknockers number which matches my Doubleday Series number. So if everything goes spectacularly, I'll have three new copies of THE STAND in 2019. But probably more like three new copies of THE STAND in 2020.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Assuming this and CD's editions are the uncut, I would like to see someone do a nice edition of the original edition.

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Assuming this and CD's editions are the uncut, I would like to see someone do a nice edition of the original edition.
    That would be cool. PS is also doing the uncut though. Maybe Suntup will do the circumcised edition????

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Did they announce a price yet? I love Don Maitz so I may look into this.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    I *think* I’ll likely pass...I have a Fine/Fine 1st HC in a great aftermarket slipcase, and I plan to pick up the forthcoming CD edition. I certainly don’t need a third version...I think.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    The uncut version is Kings preferred version. I do not expect to see the edited version in print again. I really want to pass on this but it is The Stand so I will probably get it.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I will probably get this one. The Stand is my favorite King book.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    What he said!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I told myself I wouldn't but I probably will as well. It's my #1 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I told myself I wouldn't but I probably will as well. It's my #1 too.
    The Stand is the book that has shaped my reading for my entire adult life. From the time I first read it I have been drawn to dark fiction. I also begin reading most everything King published as soon as it was published. It also brought my mom into King fandom. She usually read romance stories. When she saw me reading a book that sized she was intrigued. When I finished and we talked about she decided to read it. She started it after work going into her weekend. She finished it before returning to work and borrowed my King books as soon as I finished them for the rest of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The Stand is the book that has shaped my reading for my entire adult life. From the time I first read it I have been drawn to dark fiction. I also begin reading most everything King published as soon as it was published. It also brought my mom into King fandom. She usually read romance stories. When she saw me reading a book that sized she was intrigued. When I finished and we talked about she decided to read it. She started it after work going into her weekend. She finished it before returning to work and borrowed my King books as soon as I finished them for the rest of her life.
    That's awesome! My mom reads him as well.

The Stand and 'Salem's Lot were the first two King books I read, but I can't remember which one I read first.

I was home sick from school, and asked my Mom to pick up a few books from the library.
    I have no idea why she picked Stephen King books, as she wasn't all that comfortable with my burgeoning horror collection, but she came home with those two books, and I read them both in two days.

There were 734 pages in that edition of The Stand.

While in America for the summer of '85, I picked up a Rand McNally atlas of the US, and the next time I read The Stand, I followed the journey on the map.

I have no idea how many times I've read both of those books...at least 20 times each, I'm sure. Maybe more.

The Doubleday Years edition will be enough for me. Half because I'm trying to cut back on double (or triple (or quadruple...)) dipping, half because I'm not a huge fan of how PS is breaking things up into three volumes like this (though it is perhaps more understandable with a book as long as The Stand).

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    The Doubleday Years edition will be enough for me. Half because I'm trying to cut back on double (or triple (or quadruple...)) dipping, half because I'm not a huge fan of how PS is breaking things up into three volumes like this (though it is perhaps more understandable with a book as long as The Stand).
    I only had Pet Semetary from PS, but I was not a fan of the shorter height of the books along with thin paper and artwork that was printed “thinly”. I don’t know if all of their King books were the same, but I honestly didn’t think they came close to the CD editions.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I only had Pet Semetary from PS, but I was not a fan of the shorter height of the books along with thin paper and artwork that was printed “thinly”. I don’t know if all of their King books were the same, but I honestly didn’t think they came close to the CD editions.
    That is pretty standard fare for PS books. I greatly prefer CD books and I have the Artist Edition Of The Stand coming from CD but I may still have to spring for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    The Stand and 'Salem's Lot were the first two King books I read, but I can't remember which one I read first.

I was home sick from school, and asked my Mom to pick up a few books from the library.
    I have no idea why she picked Stephen King books, as she wasn't all that comfortable with my burgeoning horror collection, but she came home with those two books, and I read them both in two days.

There were 734 pages in that edition of The Stand.

While in America for the summer of '85, I picked up a Rand McNally atlas of the US, and the next time I read The Stand, I followed the journey on the map.

I have no idea how many times I've read both of those books...at least 20 times each, I'm sure. Maybe more.
    That's really cool, Dave that you followed the journey on the map!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Salem's Lot was my first King book. I did buy the PS edition of that and I actually like it, but I'm passing on this one in favor of the CD edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That's really cool, Dave that you followed the journey on the map!
    I was SO ready to move to the US at that point I loved how King and Spielberg got the essence of (I guess) middle-class USA across. Following The Stand in the atlas gave me a much better sense of the distances involved.