Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Next Bentley Little book?

  1. #1
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Next Bentley Little book?

    Hi, was just wondering if CD will publish a new novel from Bentley Little this year?

  2. #2
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Was just about to ask again about this, but I found out a new book from Bentley Little is coming from CD in 2019. All I know is the title but I'm guessing CD has a rough date in mind for when they will announce it, and I imagine that shouldn't be too far away.

  3. #3
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,751
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by kshane View Post
    Was just about to ask again about this, but I found out a new book from Bentley Little is coming from CD in 2019. All I know is the title but I'm guessing CD has a rough date in mind for when they will announce it, and I imagine that shouldn't be too far away.
    You may not be wrong here (as I don't know everything that we're working on), but I will say that this would be news to me.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  4. #4
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    http://dalainc.com/wordpress/?page_id=736#BentleyLittle

    The new book is THE BANK, which sounds very promising to me. The title suggests it will be in the same vein as THE ASSOCIATION and THE POLICY, which are two of his best novels.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by kshane View Post
    http://dalainc.com/wordpress/?page_id=736#BentleyLittle

    The new book is THE BANK, which sounds very promising to me. The title suggests it will be in the same vein as THE ASSOCIATION and THE POLICY, which are two of his best novels.
    THE POLICY leapt to my mind as well...if so, I can’t wait for THE BANK.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    7
    I've noticed that almost all of Bentley Little's books become available as trade hardcovers. I haven't purchased any of the CD titles by this author. I'm just curious why they all get the trade hardcover treatment.


    Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  7. #7
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,606
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kshane View Post
    Hi, was just wondering if CD will publish a new novel from Bentley Little this year?
    We just this week received the manuscript for a novel called THE BANK, but I'm not sure it'll still be a 2019 title. Lots of steps to go between now and publication!

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  8. #8
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks Brian for sharing the informaton you have.

  9. #9
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,751
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I've noticed that almost all of Bentley Little's books become available as trade hardcovers. I haven't purchased any of the CD titles by this author. I'm just curious why they all get the trade hardcover treatment.


    Cap
    I think it's mostly just what Bentley wanted. Often we have rights for other variations as well, paperback, eBook, limited edition. For the newer titles, we've been waiting on the paperbacks until the trade hardcovers are sold out. I believe paperbacks of The Influence, The Consultant, and The Handyman are all in the works at the moment.

    There's often limited editions in the works as well, but with the way we're doing Bentley Little limited editions now it's not going to be simultaneous announcements for THC and Limited Edition anymore.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •