Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forthcoming 2019 Trade Edition Hardcovers

Hi All,

Setting aside the limited editions that have been announced so far by our favorite small publishing houses, I'm wondering if there are any upcoming (2019) trade edition books that you are excited about? It can sometimes be hard to find out what is in the pipeline and I hate the idea of missing out on any cool books that may be published in 2019. I know that the books below are definitely on my list to buy. Any you think I should add/be aware of?

1) CJ Tudor "The Hiding Place"
    2) Dan Simmons "Omega Canyon"
    3) Joe Lansdale "The Elephant of Surprise"
    4) Josh Malerman "Inspection"
    5) Christopher Golden "The Pandora Room"
    6) F. Paul Wilson "The Void Protocol"
    7) Michael Kortya "If She Wakes"
    8) Michael Rutger"The Possession"
    9) Paul Tremblay "Growing Things & Other Stories"
    10) Craig Davidson "The Saturday Night Ghost Club"

Your number 10 is on my radar and 9 is a must-buy for me.

Nothing else is leaping to mind, but I am sure there are others. I probably need to check my Amazon Want List more often to make sure that I’m not forgetting about new releases I’ve bookmarked.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Stephen R. Donaldson!!!!!!!!!!!! - The War Within

Don Winslow - The Border
      S. A. Corey - Tiamat's Wrath
      Thomas Harris - untitled new thriller
      Tad Williams - Empire of Grass

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        Stephen R. Donaldson!!!!!!!!!!!! - The War Within

Thomas Harris - untitled new thriller
        That's right -- forgot about one! Yes, I'm very curious to see what that one's all about. I didn't think much about HANNIBAL and didn't read HANNIBAL RISING...but he still has truckloads of reader goodwill with me from RED DRAGON and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (and BLACK SUNDAY wasn't too bad, either). Believe it's supposed to be out in May, though it's a bit odd that a synopsis and cover have not been revealed yet...makes me kind of wonder if the pub date might not have to be moved back for the infamously slow and methodical Harris.

Comment

I think they are just keeping it underwraps. I would expect for him they would not even announce it without the manuscript.

Comment

3 and 4 for sure!

I'm getting the Chalk Man from SubPress but I've never read CJ Tudor so I don't know if I'll like what I read. So I might want #1 eventually.
            And I've never read Paul Tremblay or Dan Simmons but I plan to. So I might eventually hunt those two down.

The nice thing about trade editions--there's always time to catch up later.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              I think they are just keeping it underwraps. I would expect for him they would not even announce it without the manuscript.
              Perhaps, and I hope so. The cover and title/synopsis was supposed to be revealed in the last part of 2018, according to https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/c...al-bestse.html ("The title and cover are to be revealed this autumn."), but that didn't happen...that was why I was concerned perhaps a delay may be in play. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into the lack of reveal...hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                3 and 4 for sure!

I'm getting the Chalk Man from SubPress but I've never read CJ Tudor so I don't know if I'll like what I read. So I might want #1 eventually.
                And I've never read Paul Tremblay or Dan Simmons but I plan to. So I might eventually hunt those two down.

The nice thing about trade editions--there's always time to catch up later.
                The Chalk Man is one of my favorite books of last year. So I am really looking forward to her new book.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  The Chalk Man is one of my favorite books of last year. So I am really looking forward to her new book.
                  I’ve been eyeing the limited of The Chalk Man from Subterranean. I keep hearing great things. I might just have to pull the trigger.

Comment

I thought THE CHALK MAN was just all right. Not a bad read but I am glad I borrowed it from the library. I do have the new novel also reserved form the library so hopefully that will be a better read. Getting back to the original thread discussion. I have the new Koontz, THE CHAOS FUNCTION by Jack Skellingstead and the new Blake Crouch as well as the new Patrick Lee to look forward too as well as all the ones previously mentioned above.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
                      I thought THE CHALK MAN was just all right. Not a bad read but I am glad I borrowed it from the library. I do have the new novel also reserved form the library so hopefully that will be a better read. Getting back to the original thread discussion. I have the new Koontz, THE CHAOS FUNCTION by Jack Skellingstead and the new Blake Crouch as well as the new Patrick Lee to look forward too as well as all the ones previously mentioned above.

Jim
                      See, there’s another one I forgot: the new upcoming Blake Crouch. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that’s probably my most anticipated release of 2019.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the new Jonathan Janz - The Dark Game coming out from Flame Tree Press in April.

Have the Tremblay, Golden, and Lansdale on pre-order.

Comment

My most anticipated title came yesterday - Katherine Arden's final book in her Winternight trilogy - The Winter of the Witch. I loved the first two books and am beyond excited to read the finale.

PLUS - the best part is that she's coming to Emerald City Comic Con in March!

---

I'll have to look through my other orders and see what else is coming up this year but I'm good right now

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            See, there’s another one I forgot: the new upcoming Blake Crouch. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that’s probably my most anticipated release of 2019.
                            He's also going to be at ECCC this year - just one day though (Saturday) - if you need anything signed, I know a guy who'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              He's also going to be at ECCC this year - just one day though (Saturday) - if you need anything signed, I know a guy who'll be there.
                              Hey, thanks -- I might just take you up on that...they're just tpbs, but I'd love to have all three vols of my PINES trilogy signed. Why some enterprising and astute publisher hasn't collected that fantastic trilogy into one signed/limited HC omnibus is beyond me.

Looks like RECURSION isn't coming out 'til June, so doubt there'll be early copies in March, which is too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X