Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntup Press - Fourth Book

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I also wondered how much grumbling there would be for a number of reasons and most of those reasons are because people grumble. I imagine there will be those who call Paul out for whatever angle they'll have into telling him about his business. I passed on the numbered RB even though I had a number to lose and I jumped on this one before I finished reading the subject line on the email.
    Just to be clear, I wasn’t suggesting I was one of the grumblers...I have no dog in the fight as I already have the signed Easton edition. Honestly, I’m glad that those like Jeff who were priced out originally get a shot at a nice version of this great, impactful book. I was just musing if this was an issue that Paul was going to have to deal with...hopefully not.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Just to be clear, I wasn’t suggesting I was one of the grumblers...I have no dog in the fight as I already have the signed Easton edition. Honestly, I’m glad that those like Jeff who were priced out originally get a shot at a nice version of this great, impactful book. I was just musing if this was an issue that Paul was going to have to deal with...hopefully not.
    You did not come across as grumbling.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Yea I doubt there will be many. With such a low print run and how quickly it sold I suspect "most" everyone who bought the expensive edition probably didn't have much in the way of hesitation.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    As Martin already said, I didn't think you were grumbling at all. And there doesn't seem to be any grumbling yet. But it's sad that we can pretty much expect it.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    You did not come across as grumbling.
    I agree, Ron. You didn't come across this way.

My reaction to Mr. Wiley there is: If you don't know what the difference is between the two editions, then you have no business spending $700 on something you can't appreciate.

Honestly I wouldn't even call that grumbling.

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't even call that grumbling.
    True, it's on the line at best.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    My reaction to Mr. Wiley there is: If you don't know what the difference is between the two editions, then you have no business spending $700 on something you can't appreciate.
    Not grumbling per se but damn, I'm with Jeff here, one should probably have a little knowledge before making a purchase of this magnitude.

Just wondering if CD will get some copies of Rosemary's Baby.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I agree, Ron. You didn't come across this way.
    Ok, good — thanks, guys.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Ron you were definitely not grumbling. And I am happy that Jeff got his book and I'm happy that now I'll be getting one.
    This is a great day for book collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Ron you were definitely not grumbling. And I am happy that Jeff got his book and I'm happy that now I'll be getting one.
    This is a great day for book collectors.
    I'm happy for you too! I hope Paul hits the 1,000 copy mark and sells out. I'm super excited to see what the double-sided dust jacket will look like. Paul said it was the artist's idea initially and I love that level of collaboration.

Just wondering if CD will get some copies of Rosemary's Baby.
    Probably. We were as suprised by it as everyone else. I think Brian was checking with Paul yesterday to see if we could get any.

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Probably. We were as suprised by it as everyone else. I think Brian was checking with Paul yesterday to see if we could get any.
    I might have to get one from you guys as well so I can display both dust jackets like some sort of conquering king.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed St. Troy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    ...one should probably have a little knowledge before making a purchase of this magnitude.
    That's it - he should never have placed his original order if he didn't know what he was getting for his money (and by the time he asked his question, full details of both editions had been provided on Suntup's website).

Spend your money how you like, but why be a dink about it?
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed St. Troy's Avatar
    Just to be clear, I wasn’t suggesting I was one of the grumblers...I was just musing if this was an issue that Paul was going to have to deal with...
    I understand; often, when I see something good or interesting happen in the world, I think "someone will find a way to complain," and it always happens.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    That's it - he should never have placed his original order if he didn't know what he was getting for his money (and by the time he asked his question, full details of both editions had been provided on Suntup's website).

Spend your money how you like, but why be a dink about it?
    Not to completely derail this thread, BUT there's another guy in a Facebook group bemoaning the long wait times and missed deadlines in the small publishing world. He's accusing some unnamed presses of running Ponzi schemes. He could avoid it all by simply cancelling his orders and not buying. But I guess he wants the added excitement of complaining?

Member Part-timer
    Not to completely derail this thread, BUT there's another guy in a Facebook group bemoaning the long wait times and missed deadlines in the small publishing world. He's accusing some unnamed presses of running Ponzi schemes. He could avoid it all by simply cancelling his orders and not buying. But I guess he wants the added excitement of complaining?
    I found out a long time ago there is no use in complaining. When you deal with the small press, delays are going to happen. Case in point, "Turn Down The Lights" is over 5 years and counting. CD has been very good in explaining the reasons for this and I always had the option of cancelling. Hopefully this year?