Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntup Editions - All Books

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Was just coming here to (gently) suggest pretty much the exact same thing, Ron. Certainly a beautiful image, and I'm as big a Parkes fan as anyone (had that famous "Gargoyles" print framed on my kids' wall for years), but- I was scratching my head the moment I saw it. It doesn't fit at all. Especially in conjunction with the one image we've seen from the interior artist, Richey Beckett (which looks great, btw). Perhaps this is just a pet peeve of my own, but I really dislike cover art that is very different in feeling and tone from any interior art- which seems to be the case here. It disrupts the whole esthetic vibe of the book, and I am surprised Paul went with it. I had already paid for mine, and I'll wait and see once it's in my hands how it feels.
    Very well said, Ron. RB is somewhere between a gothic and a noir, a NYC urban Dennis Wheatley, and Parkes, as striking as his work is, just doesn’t live in that neighborhood.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    I'm a little "meh" on the cover. The art is nice, but like others have stated, it doesn't scream ROSEMARY'S BABY at me the way the other two editions do.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    So there are still gift editions available? I thought that the print run for this was similar to Revival in that it was only going to be the number of copies preordered by a certain date. I understand what everyone is saying about the cover but to me it really acts like a bridge between the book and the movie. The more I look at it the more that I like it.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    So there are still gift editions available? I thought that the print run for this was similar to Revival in that it was only going to be the number of copies preordered by a certain date. I understand what everyone is saying about the cover but to me it really acts like a bridge between the book and the movie. The more I look at it the more that I like it.
    Paul was setting the print run based on preorder demand but not to exceed 1000. Since it's not published, we're still in preorder stage and demand determined that the print run should only be 500. It's a fantastic book with a low limitation at that price.

The one piece I'm still wondering about: Paul said that the artist of the interior page, Richey Beckett, had a fantastic idea to do a reversible two-sided dust jacket. The idea was so cool and original that's why Paul even decided to do an Artist Edition in the first place. It seems that that is no longer the case. But on the product page it still says "Unique reversible dust jacket." I imagine this is a leftover from when that was the plan and Paul just hasn't updated it. I haven't reached out to Paul to ask about it because I'm sure he's a very busy guy and I don't want to bother him with this since I'm thrilled with the way Rosemary's Baby is coming along!

Junior Member Visitor
    Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin is Sold Out.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Received my shipping notice for Horns AEG today .

Received my shipping notice for Horns AEG today .
    I did too! I'm anxiously awaiting the notice for the Numbered edition as well.

Also, Paul is announcing the next Suntup book this Friday at 9am Pacific on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I did too! I'm anxiously awaiting the notice for the Numbered edition as well.

Also, Paul is announcing the next Suntup book this Friday at 9am Pacific on Facebook.
    How did I miss that? I guess I should read my emails more carefully. I hope it's something really expensive or something J can live without.

How did I miss that? I guess I should read my emails more carefully. I hope it's something really expensive or something J can live without.
    Well I got bad news for you: he said it’ll be the least expensive book he’s offered so far. Also chains have something to do with this book. Only clue he’s given.

Well I got bad news for you: he said it’ll be the least expensive book he’s offered so far. Also chains have something to do with this book. Only clue he’s given.
    Could it be A special edition of Christmas Carol? I could probably pass on that. Unless he gets old Charles to sign it.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Received shipping notice for my Artist Gift Edition this morning as well. Really looking forward to having the Gift Edition and the Limited on the shelf with the ARC and the Art Portfolio!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Getting the AGE through Camelot so I might actually receive the numbered first.

Could it be A special edition of Christmas Carol? I could probably pass on that. Unless he gets old Charles to sign it.
    It's a Dickens/Malerman mash-up called UNBURY CHRISTMAS CAROL. Basically, Ebenezer has to save Carol, who is in one of her comas, from the Spirits of Vengeance! Luckily, he's aided by the ghosts of Jacob Marley, Christmas Present, and Christmas Past. Christmas Future recused himself because he knows how it's going to turn out and he said "That shitshow is a waste of my goddamned time!" Also, Ebenezer is fucking ripped because he's been taking some HGH he got from Stallone and Tiny Tim makes a cameo during a gunfight, shooting zombies with his Assault Crutch.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    It's a Dickens/Malerman mash-up called UNBURY CHRISTMAS CAROL. Basically, Ebenezer has to save Carol, who is in one of her comas, from the Spirits of Vengeance! Luckily, he's aided by the ghosts of Jacob Marley, Christmas Present, and Christmas Past. Christmas Future recused himself because he knows how it's going to turn out and he said "That shitshow is a waste of my goddamned time!" Also, Ebenezer is fucking ripped because he's been taking some HGH he got from Stallone and Tiny Tim makes a cameo during a gunfight, shooting zombies with his Assault Crutch.
    And one each page, Tiny Tim gets just a bit tinier...

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Funny AF lol! And the ATF if breathing down Tim's neck due the nature of the crutch.

Well, as posted over at TDT.org and based on the teaser video:

My guess is for the new Suntup book is Rex Miller's SLOB:

1). The chains in the video, 2). The "Miller" on the lock, and 3). King hailed Miller's Chaingang series (see cover pic), so there's a loose connection for the King fans.

It was a relatively impactful and influential series for its time, and has enough horror overtones to make it an appropriate fit for Suntup.

slob.jpg

I have the Centipede Press HC edition that Jerad did some time back...numbered and signed by Ray Garton (intro.), which will make this one an easy pass for me.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Well, as posted over at TDT.org and based on the teaser video:

My guess is for the new Suntup book is Rex Miller's SLOB:

1). The chains in the video, 2). The "Miller" on the lock, and 3). King hailed Miller's Chaingang series (see cover pic), so there's a loose connection for the King fans.

It was a relatively impactful and influential series for its time, and has enough horror overtones to make it an appropriate fit for Suntup.

slob.jpg

I have the Centipede Press HC edition that Jerad did some time back...numbered and signed by Ray Garton (intro.), which will make this one an easy pass for me.
    I know nothing about this book or author. Paul's comments regarding his next release and the synopsis for this title on Goodreads has me intrigued.

A reservation I have about my guess, though, is that it's not a classic of the genre in the same way that HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, the Nobel-winning THE ROAD, and ROSEMARY'S BABY are. As such, it would seem to make it a somewhat unlikely suspect...but yet it does echo the teaser video's hints, so...? Could be coincidence, I suppose.

EDIT: Jeff just posted over at TDT that he guessed SLOB, and Paul @ Suntup said it wasn't it. So I guess it was indeed coincidence.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 08-09-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Nice teaser video. Hope whoever can purchase this, whatever it is, enjoys it.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Well, if you watched Paul on Facebook live this morning you know that the fourth book is:

1. One that somebody on tdt.org suggested that Suntup should do.
    2. A book that Paul had never heard of before.
    3. A very gruesome and horrific story.