Thread: Suntup Press - Fourth Book

Hybrid View

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar

Suntup Press - Fourth Book

So Paul Suntup is now shipping The Haunting of Hill House and in his year end video he announced that a teaser video would be released on January 15th. He also held something very small that was a hint to what the next book would be. So far I have seen speculation that he held up a ring (Paul has already said it is not a ring, disappointing Tolkien fans), a penny and a button.

So Brian861 identified that last announcement right out of the gate. It is now time to begin speculating on the next title from Suntup. I have nothing yet but will keep thinking!

Paul's video is
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/suntupeditions/posts/

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Not being a collector of Tolkien, have any of his books been given the limited treatment? I'm still holding out for Rose Mary's Baby at some point. The Invasion of the Body Snatchers for another one.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not being a collector of Tolkien, have any of his books been given the limited treatment? I'm still holding out for Rose Mary's Baby at some point. The Invasion of the Body Snatchers for another one.
    Easton Press has given their limited treatment to I think the 5 main books. I've always wanted them, but they've always been out of my budget.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Easton Press has given their limited treatment to I think the 5 main books. I've always wanted them, but they've always been out of my budget.
    Those are the last books I need ANOTHER copy of but I would love to have the Easton Press editions too!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed St. Troy's Avatar
    Not being a collector of Tolkien, have any of his books been given the limited treatment?
    Folio Society has done Hobbit & LOTR, and HarperCollins has done deluxes (affordable) of those and several more, and super-deluxes (pricey) of two (not the two you'd expect, though).

I'd suggest poking around here if you have an interest: https://www.tolkien.co.uk/.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Folio Society has done Hobbit & LOTR, and HarperCollins has done deluxes (affordable) of those and several more, and super-deluxes (pricey) of two (not the two you'd expect, though).

I'd suggest poking around here if you have an interest: https://www.tolkien.co.uk/.
    This is more my wife's bag than mine. I can't buy her limiteds though. She'll do something silly and read it, in the bathtub!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    ROSEMARY’S BABY has two signed/limited editions, one from Easton Press and one from Armchair Detective. I own the Easton, and find it the much finer edition of the two.

Easton has done a trade of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS...I have that one as well, and I think my copy may be specially signed by the frontispiece artist.

I agree that both of these important, impactful books belong — in some form — on the shelf of every fantastical collection.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    ROSEMARY’S BABY has two signed/limited editions, one from Easton Press and one from Armchair Detective. I own the Easton, and find it the much finer edition of the two.

Easton has done a trade of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS...I have that one as well, and I think my copy may be specially signed by the frontispiece artist.

I agree that both of these important, impactful books belong — in some form — on the shelf of every fantastical collection.
    Goes to show what I know. Makes one wonder if there's any book that hasn't had some kind of treatment over the years. The well known ones anyway.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Goes to show what I know. Makes one wonder if there's any book that hasn't had some kind of treatment over the years. The well known ones anyway.
    There aren’t many, that’s for sure.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Couldn't be signed by the author as he is deceased but I would love a limited of 'By Reason of Insanity' from Shane Stevens!

Junior Member Visitor
    Paul is a class act and has let Dark Regions Press sell both Misery and Horns so far, so whatever the next book is we'll try to reserve copies for DRP customers. Absolutely love what Suntup is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Couldn't be signed by the author as he is deceased but I would love a limited of 'By Reason of Insanity' from Shane Stevens!
    Not a requirement with Paul obviously that the author be living. Ya never know.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
    Paul is a class act and has let Dark Regions Press sell both Misery and Horns so far, so whatever the next book is we'll try to reserve copies for DRP customers. Absolutely love what Suntup is doing.
    Couldn't agree more.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I'd love a nice limited of Watership Down. It's too bad Richard Adams has passed (that was the main driving factor for acquiring a copy of The Girl in a Swing - his signature.)

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    I'm still hoping Jerad comes out with an edition of Watership Down. In the meantime, I found the edition, Watership Down by Richard Adams Penguin Books/Kestral Books (1976), Edition: First THUS Edition, Hardcover, 550 pages, years ago. It has a slipcase, the artwork is very good, I'm more than happy with this one until something better comes along.....Or maybe I'll just be satisfied this one LOL!! It really is a nice book.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    WD from CP would be a nice edition too.

I know that there has been a few different illustrated versions released, I just don’t know enough about them to try and track them down.