X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe I should say Cheeky accent
    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Ha... I used to work as an editor at a televsion company and was required to do the "guide" voiceovers to assist the editing process. One person compared my voice to sounding like a pedophile with a cold.

I grew up in Manchester, Salford. Very rough part of the UK. I had a Manc twang for years (think of the two brothers from the band Oasis), then I moved around a lot and it went. I live in Yorkshire now where it's all Eee-By-Gum.

Recently was asked to record one of my stories for spoken word. I hate the sound of my voice so I distorted it in post production, and now it sounds like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs is reading it. "Put the cookies in the basket!"

Comment

Congratulations! Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
          I hate the sound of my voice so I distorted it in post production, and now it sounds like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs is reading it. "Put the cookies in the basket!"
          I'd love to hear that!

MLD

Comment

You'll get the chance this Fall. Though I may be too embaressed to post the link.

Comment

You'll get the chance this Fall. Though I may be too embaressed to post the link.
              Get over it! We all want to hear it now

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                  Get over it! We all want to hear it now
                  Sadist

And MLD - never seen that before. Brilliant.

Comment

Sadist

And MLD - never seen that before. Brilliant.
                    It comes with the horror genre

Comment

Congratulations. Lard Butt was my first story ever, so I'm happy that I even got any votes at all. I learned a heck of a lot cutting it down. I mistakenly thought 10,000 words, and when I realized characters, I thought oh crap. Lost a few characters, and the double spaces. But it was sure a great learning experience. Good luck in the finals!

Jon

Comment

Thanks, Jon. Really enjoyed your story, and i hear you about editing. Can't remember the original word count for 13, but I had to hack large paragraphs out to get it down to fit within the post. I remember i was one word off at one stage and searching around looking to nix something but couldn't even find a "a" or "so" or anything that could go.

Good luck with getting Lard Butt accepted somewhere else (or maybe here, in the near future ).

Comment

Working...
                        X