Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On This, The Day of the Pig by Josh Malerman

On This, The Day of the Pig by Josh Malerman

This is the discussion thread for On This, The Day of the Pig by Josh Malerman!

CLICK HERE to purchase this title!
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Apparently I forgot to make this thread. Whoops. There's no announcement thread as there's no point now.

Instagram

Comment

Awesome looking cover! Plus the author is very talented as well.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Hi CD,

Has this started shipping yet? I am not seeing it on the production updates list any longer and am wondering the status. Let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          Hi CD,

Has this started shipping yet? I am not seeing it on the production updates list any longer and am wondering the status. Let me know. Thanks!
          We're actually finished shipping that one and onto the next project. If you didn't get yours send me an email with your account or order info and I'll look into it for you.

Instagram

Comment

I received a shipping notice last week and am scheduled to receive my copy Wednesday. Jeffingoff has his in hand,. I know because I saw it on the internet so it has to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I received a shipping notice last week and am scheduled to receive my copy Wednesday. Jeffingoff has his in hand,. I know because I saw it on the internet so it has to be true.
              I started reading it and it's on track to be my favorite Malerman book. Only one problem (and this is something I didn't like about Unbury Carol)--he's using a particular catchphrase way too much. In Unbury Carol it was "hell's heaven." It's something different here, but it's coming up too much and it's getting distracting.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                I started reading it and it's on track to be my favorite Malerman book. Only one problem (and this is something I didn't like about Unbury Carol)--he's using a particular catchphrase way too much. In Unbury Carol it was "hell's heaven." It's something different here, but it's coming up too much and it's getting distracting.
                I have the ARC in my TBR pile but have not yet started it. I am behind a few Malerman's but may start this one next.

Comment

My copy is on track to be delivered on Wednesday. I'll be moving this to the top of the TBR list.

Comment

Just finished this last week and loved it! I've read Goblin, Unbury Carol, and Bird Box and this one topped them all. A great fun wild ride with plenty of blood and creepy shit and a really terrible pig villain. I've no doubt we will all sing for Pearl.

Highly recommend this one to everyone but Ron. I think Ron and I are just destined to swim in two different oceans.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Just finished this last week and loved it! I've read Goblin, Unbury Carol, and Bird Box and this one topped them all. A great fun wild ride with plenty of blood and creepy shit and a really terrible pig villain. I've no doubt we will all sing for Pearl.

Highly recommend this one to everyone but Ron. I think Ron and I are just destined to swim in two different oceans.
                      Yeah, I'm afraid I just don't get the Malerman craze.

malerman.JPG

Perhaps PIG is the exception to the issues I have with his work (what I've read, anyhow), but I doubt I'll spend $$ on it to find out.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

That's some high praise jeffingoff. I've really loved his previous work and have this one in my to be read pile at home. I may just have to push it to the forefront considering your praise.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21243[/ATTACH]

Perhaps PIG is the exception to the issues I have with his work (what I've read, anyhow), but I doubt I'll spend $$ on it to find out.

LOVE THE MEME!!!

I think OTTDOTP is his tightest least complicated story. It's pretty straightforward, but with so much to ponder. Everything serves the story. And it's pretty horrific in parts.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                            That's some high praise jeffingoff. I've really loved his previous work and have this one in my to be read pile at home. I may just have to push it to the forefront considering your praise.

I thought it was his most disciplined, active novel.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21243[/ATTACH]

Ron, If you are interested in giving this one a try I have both the ARC and the Signed. I would be happy to send you the ARC. PM me your info if you want it.

Comment

Working...
                              X