The Colorado Kid - Illustrated edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Colorado Kid - Illustrated edition

I happened to stumble upon this early Thursday am - The Colorado Kid - Illustrated edition - Coming in June 2019 from Hard Case Crime. I think this is a paperback. I placed my order immediately.

Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 11-23-2018, 04:56 AM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I happened to stumble upon this early Thursday am - The Colorado Kid - Illustrated edition - Coming in June 2019 from Hard Case Crime. I think this is a paperback. I placed my order immediately.

Cap
    WHERE did you order it? I saw no place to actually order a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      WHERE did you order it? I saw no place to actually order a copy.
      I ordered my copy from Amazon on the 11th. I forget where I read about this at, but they had a link (I couldn’t find it from searching

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1789091551/

Comment

I wonder if CD will do a slipcase... I know they usually don't for paperbacks, but they did for the original edition of Joyland so you never know.

Comment

I am wondering if it has different illustrations from the hardbound illustrated edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I am wondering if it has different illustrations from the hardbound illustrated edition.
            Was the PS edition illustrated? Otherwise I think you may be conflating this with the illustrated edition of Joyland that came out a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              Was the PS edition illustrated? Otherwise I think you may be conflating this with the illustrated edition of Joyland that came out a few years back.
              I think you may be right. I have to double check.

Comment

I have both editions of the PS Colorado Kid. The new one that has illustrations on the chapter pages and One of the original ones. There were 3 editions by 3 different artists. I have the Chadbourne one. There are several full page color illustrations in that one.

Comment

I have both editions of the PS Colorado Kid. The new one that has illustrations on the chapter pages and One of the original ones. There were 3 editions by 3 different artists. I have the Chadbourne one. There are several full page color illustrations in that one.

Comment

PS released a new version last year that has McKean illustrations.

https://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-c...ean-4480-p.asp

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      PS released a new version last year that has McKean illustrations.

https://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-c...ean-4480-p.asp
                      PS WENT BONKERS over THE COLORADO KID for some reason. They did the three editions by three different artists and then they did the McKean edition. (I recently bought the McKean edition at a huge discount because it didn't include the slipcase--I love McKean's work!) And then Hard Case came out with this new illustrated edition. Also, there was that whole TV series based on this book. Why does this book get soooooo much love?

Comment

Eh, it's a Stephen King book and they know they can sell a boat load of them, especially if they do stuff like alternate covers and whatnot. I mean, people went crazy over the UK editions of Sleeping Beauties and and that was just different foil stamps on the front boards.

Comment

As you know, I ordered this pronto. I was left wondering why somebody decided to do an illustrated version of this book in the paperback format.

Cap

Eh, it's a Stephen King book and they know they can sell a boat load of them, especially if they do stuff like alternate covers and whatnot. I mean, people went crazy over the UK editions of Sleeping Beauties and and that was just different foil stamps on the front boards.
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                          X