RIP Stan Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Stan Lee

Although I am not a super hero or comics guy I have nothing but respect for this mans artistry!

May he Rest in Peace.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Although I am not a super hero or comics guy I have nothing but respect for this mans artistry!
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

When I was a little boy, my Aunt missed my birthday party because she was overwhelmed by sadness after John Lennon had been killed.

Now I understand how she felt.

I read the news at work today, and, while I was halfway expecting it to happen today, thanks to a cryptic remark at the end of a Stan Lee article posted on Bleeding Cool early this morning, the news hit me like a blow to the chest. I didn't cry, but I was overwhelmed by such deep sadness......This man shaped my childhood, created characters that have given me decades of enjoyment. I feel like I owe him so much. I never had the chance to meet him, but I have a few books that he signed, and they mean the world to me.

Thanks for the good times, Stan. Excelsior!
      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

He and his work were a big part of my childhood, as he was of many...RIP, sir, from generations of fans.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

My love of comics to this day is good some of the wonderful heroes he created and helped to create. I know he has had trouble lately health wise. Sad day indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
            When I was a little boy, my Aunt missed my birthday party because she was overwhelmed by sadness after John Lennon had been killed.

Now I understand how she felt.

I read the news at work today, and, while I was halfway expecting it to happen today, thanks to a cryptic remark at the end of a Stan Lee article posted on Bleeding Cool early this morning, the news hit me like a blow to the chest. I didn't cry, but I was overwhelmed by such deep sadness......This man shaped my childhood, created characters that have given me decades of enjoyment. I feel like I owe him so much. I never had the chance to meet him, but I have a few books that he signed, and they mean the world to me.

Thanks for the good times, Stan. Excelsior!
            I think your sentiments are being shared by millions today.

Comment

I liked Stan Lee and a lot of his work. Particularly the movies that came from that work. He lived a long and full life, which is probably why this one doesn't hit me nearly as hard as some other recent-ish celebrity deaths does. Somehow the loss of a 95 year old just doesn't hurt as hard as someone who's gone before their time. Unfortunately for me this one just kinda felt inevitable. All that said I'm sure we'll still be seeing him in cameos in more Marvel movies (who knows how many he pre-recorded). It's gonna really hit hard when we do eventually get a movie with no cameo.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                I liked Stan Lee and a lot of his work. Particularly the movies that came from that work. He lived a long and full life, which is probably why this one doesn't hit me nearly as hard as some other recent-ish celebrity deaths does. Somehow the loss of a 95 year old just doesn't hurt as hard as someone who's gone before their time. Unfortunately for me this one just kinda felt inevitable. All that said I'm sure we'll still be seeing him in cameos in more Marvel movies (who knows how many he pre-recorded). It's gonna really hit hard when we do eventually get a movie with no cameo.
                Recently watched Dead Pool 2 and didn't catch his cameo in that one. Did I just overlook it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  Recently watched Dead Pool 2 and didn't catch his cameo in that one. Did I just overlook it?
                  He is not listed as appearing in that one on IMDB.

Comment

I believe the cameo in DP2 was just a poster of his face on the side of a building. I think he was too frail to travel by the time they made that film.

As far as what Dan said, I remember reading that James Gunn filmed 10 or more Stan Lee cameos a few years ago, so Stan should be gracing Marvel movies with his presence for a few more years. Unless they decide it would be too tacky to use them.......
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                      He is not listed as appearing in that one on IMDB.
                      Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                      I believe the cameo in DP2 was just a poster of his face on the side of a building. I think he was too frail to travel by the time they made that film.

As far as what Dan said, I remember reading that James Gunn filmed 10 or more Stan Lee cameos a few years ago, so Stan should be gracing Marvel movies with his presence for a few more years. Unless they decide it would be too tacky to use them.......
                      Gotcha. I missed the poster all together.

Will be interesting to see how they handle the future cameos, if at all.
                      Last edited by Brian861; 11-14-2018, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Anyone know if he had a cameo in Venom? I never got around to seeing that one in theaters.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          Anyone know if he had a cameo in Venom? I never got around to seeing that one in theaters.
                          IMDB has him listed as the Dapper Dog Walker in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            IMDB has him listed as the Dapper Dog Walker in that one.
                            If I remember correctly it was after the credits scene

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              He was also in the teaser trailer for Deadpool 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4tFNfROlqk

Comment

Working...
                              X