Thread: The Walking Dead

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed

The Walking Dead

Did anyone watch last night's big episode? Thoughts?

My thoughts:
    Spoiler!

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    LOL. LOL. After reading that:

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    My thoughts:
    Spoiler!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    And another big time jump. You'd think Rick would be doing everything he could to get back to this family during that time jump. I guess we'll find out as the TWD universe movies forward. Those of us that'll still be watching anyway

I'll probably keep watching. There are so few episodes a season that it isn't too much of a chore to watch. I thought last night's episode was great, until I saw where they were heading, then....ugh.
    That time jump....If Rick's kid is.....10? 11?......shouldn't all of the walkers have crumbled into dust by now?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    I'll probably keep watching. There are so few episodes a season that it isn't too much of a chore to watch. I thought last night's episode was great, until I saw where they were heading, then....ugh.
    That time jump....If Rick's kid is.....10? 11?......shouldn't all of the walkers have crumbled into dust by now?
    Yea. You'd think there would be just a bunch of skeletons walking around at this point.

Junior Member Part-timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Yea. You'd think there would be just a bunch of skeletons walking around at this point.
    The virus is blessed with infinite source of energy.. biting humans is just for fun lmao

Quote Originally Posted by WebInterceptor View Post
    The virus is blessed with infinite source of energy.. biting humans is just for fun lmao
    LOL. Pretty much. Since what they eat literally would go right through some of them.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I haven't watched since the end of season 6. While the show has always been flawed to varying degrees, I always thought there was potential to be among "the greats" of television shows. I think the fundamental flaw is that this is a show run by executives with a rotating cast of showrunners with no clear thought as to character arcs. Poor Rick Grimes has hit the same character beats so many times it is rather ridiculous; how many times can he be pushed to his limit and become as savage as his enemy and then come back to his humanity?

The show as a whole lacks focus and there is clearly no game plan beyond keeping it going, which is in such stark contrast to sibling AMC shows Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Maybe neither hit as high as ratings as the Walking Dead, but both will be held in much higher esteem by TV historians.

That being said, I will eventually catch up, but this is more a guilty pleasure rather than "prestige television".