The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Walking Dead

Did anyone watch last night's big episode? Thoughts?
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

My thoughts:
    Spoiler!

Comment

LOL. LOL. After reading that:

Spoiler!

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
      My thoughts:
      Spoiler!
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

And another big time jump. You'd think Rick would be doing everything he could to get back to this family during that time jump. I guess we'll find out as the TWD universe movies forward. Those of us that'll still be watching anyway

Comment

I'll probably keep watching. There are so few episodes a season that it isn't too much of a chore to watch. I thought last night's episode was great, until I saw where they were heading, then....ugh.
          That time jump....If Rick's kid is.....10? 11?......shouldn't all of the walkers have crumbled into dust by now?

Comment

I'll probably keep watching. There are so few episodes a season that it isn't too much of a chore to watch. I thought last night's episode was great, until I saw where they were heading, then....ugh.
            That time jump....If Rick's kid is.....10? 11?......shouldn't all of the walkers have crumbled into dust by now?
            Yea. You'd think there would be just a bunch of skeletons walking around at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Yea. You'd think there would be just a bunch of skeletons walking around at this point.
              The virus is blessed with infinite source of energy.. biting humans is just for fun lmao

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                The virus is blessed with infinite source of energy.. biting humans is just for fun lmao
                LOL. Pretty much. Since what they eat literally would go right through some of them.

Comment

I haven't watched since the end of season 6. While the show has always been flawed to varying degrees, I always thought there was potential to be among "the greats" of television shows. I think the fundamental flaw is that this is a show run by executives with a rotating cast of showrunners with no clear thought as to character arcs. Poor Rick Grimes has hit the same character beats so many times it is rather ridiculous; how many times can he be pushed to his limit and become as savage as his enemy and then come back to his humanity?

The show as a whole lacks focus and there is clearly no game plan beyond keeping it going, which is in such stark contrast to sibling AMC shows Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Maybe neither hit as high as ratings as the Walking Dead, but both will be held in much higher esteem by TV historians.

That being said, I will eventually catch up, but this is more a guilty pleasure rather than "prestige television".

Comment

Aaaaaaand I'm out.
                    I gave it until the midseason finale, but last night's episode was too damned boring. I won't be back when the show returns in February.

Comment

Does anyone keep up with the ratings? I'm guessing they are still pulling good numbers but to me they must be dropping significantly.

Aaaaaaand I'm out.
                      I gave it until the midseason finale, but last night's episode was too damned boring. I won't be back when the show returns in February.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        Does anyone keep up with the ratings? I'm guessing they are still pulling good numbers but to me they must be dropping significantly.
                        I don't pay too much attention to ratings, just watch what I enjoy. I'll keep watching. Although I do find myself bored a lot and caring less what happens to the main characters. Maybe it's just become a bad habit at this point.

I actually enjoy Fear the Walking Dead more because it seems to be more real if you will. I'm sure the two will combine at some point, which probably won't be a good thing.

And don't forget about the future Rick Grimes movies

Comment

I have not watched this show in ages. I just kind of lost interest. Glad to see it is still being enjoyed. I do recall a stand out episode where I believe Tyrees and that one gal, two little girls were hold up in cabin and the woman had to kill the little girl cuz she realized the girl was a total psychopath. Gut wrenching writing, acting and could have easily be a stand alone short film...

Comment

Originally posted by tyree View Post
                            I have not watched this show in ages. I just kind of lost interest. Glad to see it is still being enjoyed. I do recall a stand out episode where I believe Tyrees and that one gal, two little girls were hold up in cabin and the woman had to kill the little girl cuz she realized the girl was a total psychopath. Gut wrenching writing, acting and could have easily be a stand alone short film...
                            That was a helluva episode for sure!

Comment

Working...
                            X