Blue Demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Demon

I wound up getting a paperback of Blue Demon by David Bernstein. Does anyone here have the Thunderstorm Books hardcover of Blue Demon?

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

That one's rather scarce, I believe. I'm sure one is bound to turn up. I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      That one's rather scarce, I believe. I'm sure one is bound to turn up. I'll keep an eye out.
      Yah-I can see it's a scarce one. I did find a copy for $65 + shipping. I don't know if that price can be beat. One reason I want a copy of Blue Demon is I only see one other book like it at the Thunderstorm Books website and that is Entangled Soul by Chris Marrs and Gene O'Neill.

Cap
      Last edited by c marvel; 11-02-2018, 07:12 AM. Reason: To add info I found.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        Yah-I can see it's a scarce one. I did find a copy for $65 + shipping. I don't know if that price can be beat. One reason I want a copy of Blue Demon is I only see one other book like it at the Thunderstorm Books website and that is Entangled Soul by Chris Marrs and Gene O'Neill.

Cap
        The Thunderstorm website is a little misleading due to how they list pictures and the weird publication history of the Elementals series. The last 10 books in the Elementals series were published in the leather hardbound version that you see for BLUE DEMON and ENTANGLED SOUL. A big chunk of these were also published in a cheaper printed-on-boards version. To make it even more confusing, instead of breaking these up into different runs (ie. limited and lettered, standard and deluxe) denoting how many copies of each were version were published, both editions of each book was counted as one run.

I really liked these leather editions and the Elemental series was one of my favorites that Thunderstorm published as I tend to find their selections for shorter work to be stronger than the novel-length material. I kinda regret selling off my set of these and have been thinking about picking these up again.

As for the price, $65 was the issue price so you aren't paying a premium on it. The aftermarket on these can be soft and I see the majority of these titles go for around the $35 mark.

Hope this info helps at all!

Comment

The Thunderstorm website is a little misleading due to how they list pictures and the weird publication history of the Elementals series. The last 10 books in the Elementals series were published in the leather hardbound version that you see for BLUE DEMON and ENTANGLED SOUL. A big chunk of these were also published in a cheaper printed-on-boards version. To make it even more confusing, instead of breaking these up into different runs (ie. limited and lettered, standard and deluxe) denoting how many copies of each were version were published, both editions of each book was counted as one run.

I really liked these leather editions and the Elemental series was one of my favorites that Thunderstorm published as I tend to find their selections for shorter work to be stronger than the novel-length material. I kinda regret selling off my set of these and have been thinking about picking these up again.

As for the price, $65 was the issue price so you aren't paying a premium on it. The aftermarket on these can be soft and I see the majority of these titles go for around the $35 mark.

Hope this info helps at all!
          Thanks for the info. I'm not going for the $65 copy I found since I already had ordered the paperback. I wanted Entangled Soul because it was partially written by Gene O'Neill and he's awesome (IMO).

Cap
          Last edited by c marvel; 11-02-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
            Thanks for the info. I'm not going for the $65 copy I found since I already had ordered the paperback. I wanted Entangled Soul because it was partially written by Gene O'Neill and he's awesome (IMO).

Cap
            I love Gene O'Neill too. Very underrated in my opinion. I have the Thunderstorm edition of the Cal Wild books on my shelf and I keep meaning to get to them.

Comment

I have the Written Backwards 4 book Cal Wild set (Softcovers, each book is signed by Gene O'Neill).

Cap

I love Gene O'Neill too. Very underrated in my opinion. I have the Thunderstorm edition of the Cal Wild books on my shelf and I keep meaning to get to them.

Comment

Working...
              X