Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104

Thread: The Strain: The Deluxe Special Edition

  1. #41
    Member Part-timer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    8

    Keeping an eye on the mailbox

    Been patient for a long time on this one and it sounds like the wait was worth it. Interesting that someone already has listed this on Ebay and says they have five copies. Since it hasn't shipped yet I wonder how they are ale to sell it? I will be happy with my one. Also, not knocking anyone but the listing also says that anyone who buys has the "rights" to the next two in the series. I may be mistaken but I thought that just applie to us (we?) who bought directly, I didn't think those rights transfere to a third party? Anyway...looking froward to this. And, it looks like there are a lot of of "our" type of stuff listed right now on Ebay. Not sure but it looks like different sellers. Maybe it is tax season but there seem to be some bargains.

  2. #42
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,378
    Rep Power
    15
    I LOVE my LRB collection and this is going to be an outstanding addition.Thanks for the efforts Brian. It's easy to see the love of books you put into each LRB production!!

  3. #43
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,619
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bstee View Post
    Also, not knocking anyone but the listing also says that anyone who buys has the "rights" to the next two in the series. I may be mistaken but I thought that just applie to us (we?) who bought directly, I didn't think those rights transfere to a third party?
    You are correct. Cemetery Dance can only guarantee matching numbers/letters on Lonely Road Books titles that are bought directly from CD. Retailers only get the same number/letters if they request them, for example, which they can do (but many don't bother unless a customer asks them to).

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  4. #44
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,619
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I LOVE my LRB collection and this is going to be an outstanding addition.Thanks for the efforts Brian. It's easy to see the love of books you put into each LRB production!!
    Thanks, Brad!

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  5. #45
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,619
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bstee View Post
    Been patient for a long time on this one and it sounds like the wait was worth it. Interesting that someone already has listed this on Ebay and says they have five copies. Since it hasn't shipped yet I wonder how they are ale to sell it?
    Two things that might be helpful:

    1) I believe eBay allows you to "presell" items up to 30 days before publication, although it's been a long time since I've looked at those rules. Someone else might be able to confirm.

    2) I looked up that auction and I am 99% sure that the seller is indeed a Lonely Road Books retailer, who will definitely be getting 5 copies.

    Hope that helps!

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  6. #46
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,179
    Rep Power
    13
    Looks great, wish I could have justified spending the money on that when I got the email about there being a few copies left not too long ago

  7. #47
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,396
    Rep Power
    16
    after seeing the pictures of this book, I really regret not getting a copy! It looks fantastic, well done Brian!

  8. #48
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,861
    Rep Power
    63
    Me toooh well I am getting The Exorcist at least.Very nice looking book Brian.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteOcha View Post
    after seeing the pictures of this book, I really regret not getting a copy! It looks fantastic, well done Brian!

  9. #49
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,619
    Rep Power
    2014
    Thanks, everyone!

    Retailers who ordered copies include:

    Camelot Books
    Mythos
    Ziesing
    Overlook Connection
    Bad Moon Books
    Dark Hollow Books
    Larry Roberts

    Try dropping them a line in case they didn't offer their copies yet!

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  10. #50
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    You are correct. Cemetery Dance can only guarantee matching numbers/letters on Lonely Road Books titles that are bought directly from CD. Retailers only get the same number/letters if they request them, for example, which they can do (but many don't bother unless a customer asks them to).

    Brian
    so if i missed it and i bought it from other source with a number.
    why i can't matched it?
    i doesn't make sense.

  11. #51
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,619
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    so if i missed it and i bought it from other source with a number.
    why i can't matched it?
    i doesn't make sense.
    The only way to get the number is if the person who got it last time passes on the next book. If they order the next book, they can request that number again and you'll need to buy the book from them to have the same number.

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  12. #52
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,861
    Rep Power
    63
    Checked camelot and overlook no copies available.Oh well must move on to the next collectable.The hunt continues
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    Thanks, everyone!

    Retailers who ordered copies include:

    Camelot Books
    Mythos
    Ziesing
    Overlook Connection
    Bad Moon Books
    Dark Hollow Books
    Larry Roberts

    Try dropping them a line in case they didn't offer their copies yet!

    Brian

  13. #53
    Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,659
    Rep Power
    27
    Camelot won't announce it until they actually get it. They did mention it a few months ago in their new letter tho. Email them about it.
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

  14. #54
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,861
    Rep Power
    63
    There you go again spending my hard earned mony for me.Doyou work for Brian now
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Camelot won't announce it until they actually get it. They did mention it a few months ago in their new letter tho. Email them about it.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,659
    Rep Power
    27
    Shhhh.......................
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

  16. #56
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,378
    Rep Power
    15
    WOW!!! I just received my copy of The Strain and it is absolutely outstanding!! A beautiful volume from the slipcase clean through to the last page. LRB has done it again! Bravo and a huge thank you to all involved!! I would encourage anyone who missed it to track one down. Based on this first volume, I think the trilogy is going to be one of the highlights of any library.
    Last edited by bsaenz24; 02-24-2012 at 07:27 PM.

  17. #57
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,780
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    WOW!!! I just received my copy of The Strain and it is absolutely outstanding!! A beautiful volume from the slipcase clean through to the last page. LRB has done it again! Bravo and a huge thank you to all involved!! I would encourage anyone who missed it to track one down. Based on this first volume, I think the trilogy is going to be one og the highlights of any library.
    Glad you like it Brad. I know we're all really happy with how it came out. I know I'm happy to have one sitting on my self at home.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  18. #58
    Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,002,619
    Rep Power
    2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    WOW!!! I just received my copy of The Strain and it is absolutely outstanding!! A beautiful volume from the slipcase clean through to the last page. LRB has done it again! Bravo and a huge thank you to all involved!! I would encourage anyone who missed it to track one down. Based on this first volume, I think the trilogy is going to be one of the highlights of any library.
    Thanks, Brad! I'm really pleased with how the book turned out.

    Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

  19. #59
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Awwwrighhhhttt - mine's on the way across the ocean (doing the Dance of 1,000 Critters right now)

  20. #60
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Up to my eyeballs in a very red state. I'm sort of a purple girl.
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Glad you like it Brad. I know we're all really happy with how it came out. I know I'm happy to have one sitting on my self at home.
    Oooookay. That feels pretty good, huh? Most people put them on their shelves.
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 183
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 04:07 AM
  2. Baal (Deluxe Signed Limited Edition)
    By Dan Hocker in forum Other Publishers Books
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
  3. PURE (DELUXE LIMITED SPECIAL EDITION) by Julianna Baggott
    By Dan Hocker in forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
  5. Riding the Bullet: The Deluxe Special Edition Double
    By Dan Hocker in forum Lonely Road Books Projects
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 09:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •