Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koryta

Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koryta
    Another New Signed Limited Edition Announced Today!

This is the discussion thread for the Those Who Wish Me Dead announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product!

CLICK HERE to view the announcement!
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

I'm really looking forward to this one. I've read some reviews singing this book's praises and sounds to be right up my alley.

Comment

Is this book being used as part of a grab bag? Received a shipping notice and am pretty sure I never ordered it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Is this book being used as part of a grab bag? Received a shipping notice and am pretty sure I never ordered it.
        I'll take any freebies ya don't want Martin. Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I have an email back from October 15th that says this title is part of Book Club 8.

Comment

Yeah I just got it as part of Book Club 8. It's bigger than I thought it would be. I'm looking forward to reading it. I just read Koryta's contribution to Hark! The Herald Angels Scream and it was pretty good. And the reviews for this one are really good.

Comment

This was part of Book Club 8
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Did anyone else know that this was turned into a movie starring Angelina Jolie, Nicholas Hoult, and Jon Bernthal? It’s being released next year, but I never even knew it was in production.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Did anyone else know that this was turned into a movie starring Angelina Jolie, Nicholas Hoult, and Jon Bernthal? It’s being released next year, but I never even knew it was in production.
                  News to me. If done right it has the potential to be a great movie.

Comment

I did! It's being written and directed by Taylor Sheridan, who wrote Sicario, Hell or High Water, Wind River, and the television show Yellowstone.

Been a big fan of his films thus far (except for Sicario's sequel, which was just alright). If you haven't seen any of them and wanted to watch a good neo-Western (modern settings and plots), I'd highly recommend them!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I did! It's being written and directed by Taylor Sheridan, who wrote Sicario, Hell or High Water, Wind River, and the television show Yellowstone.

Been a big fan of his films thus far (except for Sicario's sequel, which was just alright). If you haven't seen any of them and wanted to watch a good neo-Western (modern settings and plots), I'd highly recommend them!
                      I like Sheridan’s work as well! I agree with all of your statements above. That’s partially why I’m surprised this flew under my radar. I follow directors and writers far more than actors. This is going on the top of my To See list.

if you like Sheridan’s work and are looking for something in the same vicinity, I’d recommend SWEET VIRGINIA with Jon Bernthal. Rural neo-noir. It goes for understated, so not nearly as action-packed as Sicario but interesting.

Comment

Yes, I knew this as well. Was lucky enough to attend a few Kortya book signings at The Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale AZ before the whole Covid thing and he mentioned it at each of them. You could tell it was something he was excited about. I believe he even mentioned that he was able to be on-set for some of the filming and meet Angelina Jolie which must have been cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

If it is half the movie Hell or High Water is I am in!

Comment

Working...
                          X